It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats pledging their votes for Trump (Mass Exodus!)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: bigsnowman
"As a lifelong democrat, I am appalled at the behavior of the violent, radical left rioters & looters. Therefore, I have decided to change my stance on healthcare, abortion rights, fiscal policy, social issues, foreign policy, immigration reform, and allocation of tax dollars and I will instead vote for Donald J. Trump"

Yeah, right!! Any "life-long Democrat" that revokes their support of the party would vote third-party before they ever vote for Don Cheeto & the Fascist Right! If they truly do vote for Trump they demonstrate a complete & total ignorance of American politics and never were a democrat in the first place.
That’s about as ignorant of a statement as they come. I know a few diehard dems that refuse to vote dem this round. One has voted dem for the last 30+ years.

We all know that the parties
switched platforms and it is the Dems that are racists.

I'm waiting for the parties to "switch" again. LOL

You gotta be really dumb to vote Dem and believe their crap
edit on 30-8-2020 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

"As a lifelong democrat, I am appalled at the behavior of the violent, radical left rioters & looters. Therefore, I have decided to change my stance on healthcare, abortion rights, fiscal policy, social issues, foreign policy, immigration reform, and allocation of tax dollars and I will instead vote for Donald J. Trump"

Yeah, right!! Any "life-long Democrat" that revokes their support of the party would vote third-party before they ever vote for Don Cheeto & the Fascist Right! If they truly do vote for Trump they demonstrate a complete & total ignorance of American politics and never were a democrat in the first place.

Quoted for Stupidity.

As an Obama/Clinton voter, I would rather you just cut my throat and get it over with before EVER voting for the Democratic party again.

I have family members who are Champaign limousine California Democrats who have voted a straight "D" ticket since the 40's who are currently going to vote Trump.

Who exactly are you to tell me and my family members that we "never were Democrats in the first place?"

The actual Truth is that the Democratic party has swung WAY too far left the last decade.

They will be rewarded for that with absolute failure this election.

I understand why you don't understand that.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
a reply to: chr0naut

Let me know when you find someone running for public office that fits that bill. Pretty sure they don't exist.

Here's some with good reputations. Not hard if you do some research. I also tried to balance across party lines:

Paul Ryan, Corey Booker, Joseph Cao, Jeff Flake, Al Franken, Richard Lugar, Mark Strama and Mitch Daniels.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Let me know when you find someone running for public office that fits that bill. Pretty sure they don't exist.

Here's some with good reputations. Not hard if you do some research. I also tried to balance across party lines:

Paul Ryan, Corey Booker, Joseph Cao, Jeff Flake, Al Franken, Richard Lugar, Mark Strama and Mitch Daniels.

You just posted some Progressives with an "R" behind their names and some Progressives with a "D" behind their names.

All of them have pretty crappy reputations when it comes to America First.

It's no wonder you sound so disjointed and confused when you post about American politics.

It is because you don't understand them.

edit on 30-8-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Good reputations? Young man, why can't you just do yourself and everyone a favor and stay out of our business.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   

All it takes is one quick search to find the net worth of all of these folks before entering politics and then current day. Now some of them make sense over their terms in earnings, others it's highly questionable how they made their money.

Now of course I can't prove anything, and I do know, like in Mark Strama's case, they've had lucrative careers after leaving office. However some of the places they've been employed at as well are also not exactly pillars of ethical behavior.

In my opinion anyone who is involved in politics and successful at it is most likely playing dirty pool. Also most of the politicians listed accomplished almost nothing while in office. Now there is a not insignificant amount of blame to be put upon the whole system where keeping the status quo is the norm. Fundamentally the system is broken and needs to be reworked, unfortunately that calls for some very perilous times for those of us who live in the US, and also for those around the world who have an interest in US politics in general.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
And if Trump loses every so called non binding agreement with the UN will be signed. Trudeau and the rest of the world awaits

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 08:25 PM
link   
But... but... The Guardian told us #walkaway was just Russian trolls!

I hope to Christ this site does not shut down before election day. I cannot wait to watch the few remaining leftists come apart at the seams.

I normally wouldn't revel in someone else's misfortune but these people have been working overtime to get Trump re-elected with their nonstop lying and lunacy, so they really deserve it and brought it on themselves.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

You realize Corey Booker admitted to sexually assaulting a woman right? He was actually proud of it, like it made him extra "woke."

Come to think of it, sounds exactly like someone you would idolize.

Flake caved to the fake hysteria around Kavanaugh. We like strong leaders over here.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

You just posted some Progressives with an "R" behind their names and some Progressives with a "D" behind their names.

All of them have pretty crappy reputations when it comes to America First.

It's no wonder you sound so disjointed and confused when you post about American politics.

It is because you don't understand them.

Compliance with the "America First" of the 2016 Trump Campaign (the policy of removing America from international treaties and organizations) does not neccesarily equate to having a good reputation. I am sure there are some with criminal convictions who were involved with that particular campaign.

Having a good reputation would imply a moral basis, that they don't have criminal records, have stood by their policies, they don't lie, and that they are responsible and caring for their constituents.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
A reply to everyone calling me out -

Okay, I didn't say a real Democrat would vote democrat, I said they wouldn't vote for Trump(especially not this time around). US Politics has skewed right for a long time, and now that they're finally left of center, if a bunch of "Democrats" want to switch the basis of their entire political ideology to support Donald Trump, it's clear to me they likely only just now started following politics and realize they never really aligned with the dems in the first place.

As for fascism, it would require use of force to enact such an authoritarian state of government. Who are the police largely in support of? I watched the New York cop on the RNC propaganda show painting a demonizing picture of half the country.... even called them radical left. Which party's supporters own the most firearms and are just itching to use them against the "domestic enemy"? Which party held up a 17 year old as a hero for murdering a BLM protestor? Which party elected the former head of the CIA as president, and later his son? Which party is loudly supportive of the military? Which party's entire ideology is based around idolizing one man and total opposition to half the country? Which president sent the Feds into Portland in unmarked vehicles, snatching people off the street?? Which president said the only good democrat is a dead one? Which party is hardcore into nationalism, waving flags and forcing people to stand and pledge allegiance to said flag? I've seen posters on here say that the next civil war will be between Americans & Democrats.

Trump has demonized half the country, to the point y'all are convinced we are going to ruin the country, despite the economy being in shambles and cities in flames under the watch of Big Orange.

I'm not going to sit here and write an essay on the parallels between Trumpism and fascism because everyone on ATS is going to ignore it and troll me for stars & brownie points. Maybe these rhetorical questions will help get the gears turning, but I doubt it. If your heads been in the sand the past 4 years I can't help you. Maybe think about why Trump and the Repubs keep you guys foused on the Dems every waking moment of the day. Got your left eye open and your right eye shut.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

You realize Corey Booker admitted to sexually assaulting a woman right? He was actually proud of it, like it made him extra "woke."

When he was 15 years old he tried to touch the breast of a girl who was kissing him at the time. Is that sexual assault or just someone who was very young, misreading signals? He desisted immediately and remained on good terms with the girl afterwards despite the gaffe.

Come to think of it, sounds exactly like someone you would idolize.

Flake caved to the fake hysteria around Kavanaugh. We like strong leaders over here.

Surely a strong leader is dictatorial and autocratic.

I would much rather a leader who listens to their constituents and works on their behalf, rather than some tyrant.

I don't need someone else to tell me what I want, I have self-determination.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

Good reputations? Young man, why can't you just do yourself and everyone a favor and stay out of our business.

This is an internationally accessible forum. I am not at all "in your business".

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
a reply to: bigsnowman

“The Fascist Right,” you say?

Please explain to me what the right has done that is fascist. Honest question. Please be specific. How is the right being fascist?

As Louis Armstrong once said "There are some people that, if they dont know, you can't tell them"

As Einstein once said.: "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"

Give it up.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   

All it takes is one quick search to find the net worth of all of these folks before entering politics and then current day. Now some of them make sense over their terms in earnings, others it's highly questionable how they made their money.

Now of course I can't prove anything, and I do know, like in Mark Strama's case, they've had lucrative careers after leaving office. However some of the places they've been employed at as well are also not exactly pillars of ethical behavior.

In my opinion anyone who is involved in politics and successful at it is most likely playing dirty pool. Also most of the politicians listed accomplished almost nothing while in office. Now there is a not insignificant amount of blame to be put upon the whole system where keeping the status quo is the norm. Fundamentally the system is broken and needs to be reworked, unfortunately that calls for some very perilous times for those of us who live in the US, and also for those around the world who have an interest in US politics in general.

Well, I have a net worth over $1 million and it doesn't mean that much these days. So, for a politician to be in that bracket isn't anything like unexpected.

But here's what I have found from a 'bit of a quick search' (most of the results were from www.celebsmoney.com):

Paul Ryan - net worth $6 million, for which he attributes a significant portion to his wife's inheritance. As speaker of the house, he was earning nearly $1/4 million P/A in salary. So, nothing to see with him.

Corey Booker - net worth $3 million. Salary $174k P/A. He also got one of those millions from the sale of his book. If you count up all the royalties, declared earnings & etc, the figures look right. Nothing to see here.

Joseph Cao - 2020 net worth $100k - $1 million. Nothing to see here.

Jeff Flake - 2020 net worth $100k - $1 million. Nothing to see here.

Al Franken - 2020 net worth $100k - $1 million. Nothing to see here.

Richard Lugar passed away 28 April 2019. I didn't realize this when I posted his name previously.

Mark Strama - no idea what his net worth is. Got no hits in the quick search.

Mitch Daniels - 2020 net worth $100k - $1 million. Nothing to see here.

edit on 30/8/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

“The Fascist Right,” you say?

Please explain to me what the right has done that is fascist. Honest question. Please be specific. How is the right being fascist?

As Louis Armstrong once said "There are some people that, if they dont know, you can't tell them"

That’s Louis Armstrong, the great philosopher, Founding Father....oh, you mean the really great trumpet player who sang What a Wonderful World—-wonder how wonderful Mr. Armstrong would think Kenosha, WI looks right now; after REAL fascists put on a brown-shirted-worthy demonstration of hate? Fascists to the LEFT of me, not to my right.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Agreed. This is just the same psychological #ery carried out by both sides. This doesn’t happen. People might stay home, but few are going to vote for the opposite party. Joe, and the DNC aren’t pissing off the base voter to that extent.

For those on the right, think John McCain running against O. It’s that sickening feeling that your candidate is POS. Joe might be a crap candidate, but I don’t think he is pushing people out of the party.

Let’s be real here.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The Republican Party and Democrat Party are way different then what they were 25 years ago. Most that voted democrat back then are more inline with what the Republican party is today. The Democrat Party has lost its identity and these folks are no longer providing a path forward to the poor and bottom half of the middle class, but making empty promises that they have no intent on keeping in order to get the vote. These folks arent leaving the democrat party the democrat party has left them.

I can understand the folks still trying to hang on to the party and life long dems holding their nose to vote for whatever the hell this is but your not voting for the democrat party your voting for folks that have taken on extreme ideals and have successfully stolen and remodeled the party.

Its ok not to be certain where to go as a middle of the roader that has always has chosen who I thought was best for the country I find it uncomfortable that there is only one choice this election season. When making a decision about who to vote for I like to weigh what good they have demonstrated and can do for the country. Democrats I would hope vote in the same manner but I haven't seen anything but destruction from this group of folks that have stolen the party and I would hate to see what America would look like in a couple years as dirty as they have played for the last four years.

I do think they are afraid if investigations gain momentum the sins of the past will come for so many and that's not only on the dem side but the republican side as well. Perhaps its time to clean house on both sides because it sure seems this ruccus is a smoke screen to hide the real misdeeds throughout government.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 01:36 AM
link   

It may sound odd, but American politicians should place American priorities first, second, and third in importance. Everything else is secondary. Not unimportant, mind you...just secondary.

That's the way any nations leader, though I use the term loosely when describing politicians of any ilk..., or leaders, should do. Their nation first and foremost.

Nothing else really makes any sort of sense.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

It may sound odd, but American politicians should place American priorities first, second, and third in importance. Everything else is secondary. Not unimportant, mind you...just secondary.

That's the way any nations leader, though I use the term loosely when describing politicians of any ilk..., or leaders, should do. Their nation first and foremost.

Nothing else really makes any sort of sense.

Putting America first is different than America - isolated.

America First (policy)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's like some sort of bait and switch. The contents don't match the label.

edit on 31/8/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join