It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump the man the JOB he wants to keep why are you voting for him ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

1 Looting Rioting in many large city's ---- ( What will voting for Trump do to solve this Problem ! )

Everything mentioned is either
1) A state or local government issue
or
2) An issue for Congress to address .

To paraphrase Jeff Foxworthy
"You must be a Progressive Liberal if you don't know that"

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Looks like it's time to do the boogaloo dance in the street, eh?

Looks like you need new material, you would think that someone who claims to be in the biz would have some good zingers???

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
No halwesteren Im not confused I understand Your argument of Trump cant Fix it I just dont agree with that He can force there hand by refusing to sign legalization they want .

All your saying he cant is so Much hog wash The federal Government Finances STATES all the federal Government needs to do is withhold that money Until states comply . Your the one who dont understand ( the federal government does this all the time .
NOW IF ALL of republican hold FUNDING LIKE THEY ARE NOW ! sooner or later the Democrats will Have No choice BUT to compromise .

First of all you are still wrong, you don't understand the basic functions of the Constitution and the separation of powers between not only congress and the executive, but federal and state. I didn't say he can't fix it, I said he can't do anything in a state without the state's request unless there is a total breakdown of that state's government. Please pay attention.

Second, congress is the entity that controls funding, not the president. While it's true the president can issue an executive order for emergency funding, budget issues do not originate in the Whitehouse. He could of course veto a funding bill but if there are enough votes to override his veto, it's a done deal anyway. Democrats have been bucking Republicans and Trump specifically hard for four years and McConnell hasn't helped at all. But again, you're putting the blame of the riots and unrest on Trump, which is not the correct source.

As far as your last point, the economic policies Trump has in place were working just fine before the virus. Minorities had the lowest unemployment in many decades and the percentage of low & middle income wage increases were rising more than the increases in higher wages. You can say "well the high income earners still made more money" which would be true, but that's not the point. The point is the policies were guiding the increase in jobs and the wages were increasing along with that.

The rest is either under the control of congress or has/is being worked on. Over two hundred miles of wall have been built despite the battles against it by the Dems. They are obstructing pretty much everything Trump is trying to do and yet a lot of things he said he would do have been done. We've all seen the lists online, of the hundreds of issues, almost none have been proven to be false. Not everything is going to be done the way it should be because of that golden "compromise" philosophy. I'm so sick of core issues being compromised in the name of politics.

"or for other purposes" are the four most dangerous words in congress and they should be eliminated from every bill. Forever.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

We the people have to fix the problem. It lies in our minds, hearts and on our tongues.

What government can do is support families and implement infrastructure projects and make all of our spaces more beautiful and livable; more bike lanes, sidewalks, more parks, more space between houses/buildings, no more skyscrapers and less noise. Clean air, water and good food would make a big difference. True commitment to health and science is coming.

It won't be hard to fix. "They" want us committed to an unsustainable model but that model is crumbling right before our eyes and no one can do a thing about it. Yes, there's a lot of fear but change brings fear. It's time for new beginnings, better lives for everybody but especially for the children.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
i did not expect this thread to go far fact is Trump did a poor job at best even when accounting for all the backlash he got he tweets like a 15 year old . Did he do a few things yes what Impact did they have well you guys brag about the lowered Unemployment KNOWING they dont count people who no longer get it and they COUNT part time as employed .

BUT even counting the new jobs ( Most are just someone hired fired ) what kind of jobs ? More Walmart more fast-food ?
Because it will be 25 years for construction to recover from BUSH .
So we know there not construction and all thous people did not b=get desk jobs .

The Tariff well taht coudl have worked If he had done it right its NOT just china while the the worst all taht will happen now is the Business will move to mexico or so otehr 3rd world country .

Want to see how Much effect trumps tariff had go to walmart 90 % of the stuff still made in china THE MASK your waring is made in china !

THE US cant even SUPPLY our mask we need cant get much more pathetic then that .

If you're going to make those employment claims, let's see some sources. You don't understand tariffs, you don't understand economics, all you've done in this thread is blame Trump.

Good luck, and please try harder to understand what's going on. Stay away from the MSM and do your own research.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Seems to me like the OP has no idea how the different branches of Government work and is very naive in thinking it's up to the POTUS to fix every problem and accomplish every single goal set out to do -- or else he's useless and shouldn't be voted for. Lazy kid logic.

Not wanting to be too harsh, but I'd put more effort into learning to read/write properly before trying to lay blame for all the country's woes.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
If he has dyslexia I'll give him a pass on the bad spelling.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Trump pays lip service to the 2nd Amendment.

That’s all this election is about. It’s all the last one was about..

None of the 16 democrat aspirants to the nomination ever said they believed in the individual right to bear arms.

Democrats believe that when I was a federal employee, I was wise and fair and trustworthy, while I was on the clock. Once i clocked out at the end of my shift, my IQ dropped back down 30 points and I returned to being an evil aging white ignoramus each evening.

The rest of DJ Trump’s policies don’t matter. They’ll just be the price we pay, for the right to elect our own oppressors.

The thing that DOES matter is that no one exists who can decide whether I “should be allowed” to own a gun.

# that.

It is a right I inherited at birth, as did every one of my forbears.

It is a right of inestimable value to me, and is formidable to tyrants only.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

the answer is plain and simple, the ...people... in congress fought against him tooth and nail on everything he did.
them along with the media constant attacks and dragging everything they could to court has impeded his work.

wow I have Deja Vu, That happened about 12 years ago. And just 7 years ago, we had Green Eggs and Ham. 'member?

unless they work with him nothing will be fixed and expecting the repubs to work with biden in the very slim chance he wins, to fix things will never happen.

Yup. The "repubs" apparently refuse to even try to work with anyone who is not them. Just like they did with Obama. And now our country is on fire.

Do you have a solution?
I'd love to hear it

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 03:54 AM
link   
You’re pretty uneducated. The 10th amendment keeps trump from sending in troops unless the governor asks for help, so the dems OWN the looting and rioting PERIOD. Same for the virus, he couldn’t mandate anything it was up to governors. He did supply a HUGE amount of respirators in a record short time frame . secondly he did more for the economy in 6 months thab Obama did in 8 years. Obama is the only president to NOT achieve 2% growth in ANY year while in office in HISTORY. Thirdly he was fighting Obama gate for the first three years of his presidency. Not to mention a false impeachment. Lastly all great Presidents achieved their best work in their second term, because they don’t have to worry about offending anyone. If he can get rid of Pelosi maybe Congress will let him work on healthcare and the infrastructure.
He’s already made NATO Pay their share. He’s bringing troops home. He’s made America be respected again which Obama almost completely destroyed our foreign policy, He’s made us energy independent for the first time in my life. Those are some pretty big accomplishments for some one so completely HOUNDED in his first term.
Education has been ruined by teachers unions. But he’ll fix that with school choice which creates competition and that will straighten things out FAST if he can get that passed. We have too many commies teaching everywhere now,
He’s dealing with China by bring industry back and fining companies than farm out.
He just signed a HUGE peace deal which should rat out terrorism also

So haven’t you read any of this stuff. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN DUDE? Sheesh given that he has no media support he’s done one hell of a job in 3.5 years and I’ve been Alive sine Eisenhower.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: VeeTNA

My solution is having more than 2 parties. With several parties you wouldnt have just left and right with everyone in between having to choose. Imagine 3 parties even 4 to stay in power they would have to do whats best for the people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join