It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think religion applies to certain areas?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Just wondering, do you think you would belong to the religion you do now if you were born in a different geographical area? For example, do you think you would be christian if born in Kazakhstan instead of the southern u.s?

So, answer the question for yourselves, do you think you would be muslim if born in Texas? Of course, not to your own parents, just to "average" parents of that area.

Just a little info gathering, and I want to see how people respond. Explanations behind responses will be appreciated.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
You would be foolish to believe that if you were born in Saudi Arabia, that you wouldn't be muslim. Of course religion is regionalized. I just broght this up in another forum a few days ago.

Religion is 100% environment. The Koran answers the same questions as the bible. It just depends who you choose to believe. You make those choices based on your environment. Even if you make that choice in what seems to be a individual decision to yourself, somewhere, you have been guided. Don't feel special as if it was a god that guided you either. That special feeling is somewhere along the lines of thanking god for saving your child that just went through 4 hours of surgery to live, and not giving full credit to the doctors that saved him/her.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
In some regions, you are told what religion you will be by law.
In Egypt you can be christian, but you cant spread it. If your caught, you goto jail.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jake1997
In Egypt you can be christian, but you cant spread it. If your caught, you goto jail.

I believe you are correct on this, but that misses the point of this thread. The object of this thread was probably geared more to people like you Jake. You are a product of your environment just as an egyptian is.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople

Originally posted by jake1997

I believe you are correct on this, but that misses the point of this thread. The object of this thread was probably geared more to people like you Jake. You are a product of your environment just as an egyptian is.

Not so.

You and I are two germs that started in the same dish.
RCC.
You went away from RCC to no religion
I went away from RCC to biblical christian

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Before you say that we are/were a christian product of our environment because we were RC....

know this

I see the RCC as christian in the same way I see islam as christian.

Accroding to the bible...the rcc realllly is that far off the mark

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
There is no such thing as a biblical christian, because the bible itself said it created a church which includes baptism, confirmation and communion while Jesus gave the apostles the power to loose and bind and forgive and bound sins.

Millions Jake of people believe like you and millions creat their own personal interpretation of what scripture says. the bible itself does not say the church is bible believers because this church was spreading years before the catholic church put the bible together. Martin Luther believe like you jake, so did Calvin, so did henry so did every protestant founder who (are) bible believers yet they
are divided by the 1,000s.

why?

because they have revolted against the hierarchy giving by Jesus so the body would not err in interpretation. They have and its caused division among bible believers only all believing in different doctrines. Im not saying this to sound like a know it all, but the Lord himself has shown me its common sense after learning what he shows you.

where is your ordained ministers who give the final say on interpretation? the so called proestant founders who created 100s of church are divided in truth.

To the orginal poster, im sorry for going off like this, but I have to defend my faith when I see it being accused like this because its just not true.

peace.

[edit on 16-3-2005 by Truth]

[edit on 16-3-2005 by Truth]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Jake, I do not know you, your parents, your freinds, or any other significant influences in your life. We come from a completely different dish.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Yes.

The regionalization of religion plays a large part in why I call myself agnostic. I was raised Lutheran. Therefore, it is comfortable to me to follow a Christian beleif system. Had I been born into a Muslim family, I would have been raised Muslim, and therefore the muslim religion and values would be more comfortable to me. Etc. etc. etc....

That being said, being born into a certain region will most likely determine the religion that you are raised as.

Also, take into consideration those who convert from one religion to the next. These people are influenced by thier surroundings, hence, thier region.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Truth

I refuse to interpret the bible. I take it for what it is.

Does daniel interpret the dreams or does God do it for him?
If I say I will see you in a day, when will you expect me?

Let the bible speak for itself.

Jesus warned you about false teachers, but your false teachers forgot to teach you that part. You can ride the rcc and the pope and the demon mary to hell if you want, but you will have no excuse before God because you were warned and refused to look at it for yourself.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
You refuse to interpret the bible? That is interesting. Tell me then, since you are an admitted literalist, does God tempt?

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Not that I know of.
I can go and read the 66 books again and get back to you, or you can point out what your getting at

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Genesis 22:1

You should read that carefully. Ill get back to you later with why its so significant.

new topics

top topics

join