It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal comedian talks about his Trump supporting bus driver

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Last night my husband and I watched Gabriel Iglesias latest "Fluffy" Netflix show in Houston.

While we found some things at the beginning a little questionable we kept watching.

Half way through the show it got VERY interesting.

He began to talk about his bus driver Dave
Dave is a Trump supporter.
Gabriel, who you could tell is not a Trump supporter, gave Dave lots of kudos and was clear on his respect for Dave's honesty and the great job he does taking care of Gabriel and his loyalty to Gabriel as his employer.

He then told a great joke about Dave and their difference of opinion on Trump.

He then after telling the joke he launched into how people need to respect others with differing opinions and not let it divide. His friends asked him why he didn't fire Dave and he said because Dave is honest and hard working and a great employee, and he knows where Dave stands and respects Dave for his opinions that don't affect his job. There is more in the Netflix special then in the youtube video.

I found it on youtube! Didn't think I would because it is such new material.

I highly recommend people who hate/loathe/despise Trump, his supporters and conservatives in general watch this comedy special.

I also highly recommend people who hate/loath/despise liberals to watch this Dave segment.

I put this in the mud pit on purpose, because so many people who despise Trump and his supporters seem to be very into denying people free speech and doing all they can to destroy conservatives simply because they hold a point of view that is not "correct" and demand they be "cancelled" for their political point of view. It was refreshing to hear a liberal fighting the liberal cancel culture of hate and division the liberal left's culture of suppression and oppression of conservative ideas.

addition, changed headline to make it more interesting
edit on 8/30/20 by The2Billies because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
And that’s how everyone should be. I bet everyone here has a friend on the other end of the spectrum and love them like family. I know i do. Everyone needs to respect we all have different opinions, but at the end of the day politics is only part of who you are and it fluctuates as well.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Yet you'll see Trump supporters constantly talk about the left as if theyre all Satan worshiping pedos who are ruining America. They even use the words liberal and the left as pejoratives. Trump supporters might want to practice what they preach.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   
While I don’t disagree with the OP and believe an open dialogue is of utmost importance, I believe the majority of the silencing we’re seeing happens on the internet. I’ve yet to see something remotely close to anyone being shut down or restricted from voicing their opinions in person. Obviously, I’m not talking about areas like Portland or Kenosha as those areas are just giant sh*t sandwiches right now, but in every day, regular life, I haven’t seen a single case of someone being shut down or silenced.

It’s easy to sit on the internet and read a bunch of news stories, then get one’s self all worked up thinking that one side is against you, but then you walk out of your house and nothing you see in front of you resembles what you read in the news.

Hell, I’m in a Democrat run, large city, where I’m a minority as a white dude. If I were going off ATS, I should be fearing for my life, waiting for my house to be attacked by Marxists pedophiles. We haven’t had any protests or anything closely resembling a riot down here since the first two weeks after Floyd died.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies
This is how it should be.
You do realize that the majority of non Republicans do that? We may not agree on a candidate or President, but we support your right to choose. Here a I've been called everything from a paid shill to a God hating, evil person, racist, race traitor, for discussing content,not any type of personal attack on anyone.

Respect should go both ways.

new topics

top topics

join