It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Mask Hysteria Is Ridiculous

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Absolutely disingenuous argument. Did you have any schooling? Is this what they teach?

a reply to: grey580

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I just stay home most of the time myself except when I go out to exercise.

I figure maintaining a level of good health is a better preventive than going everywhere I can think of with a mask on. I wear the mask in and out, but not when I exercise (I have exercise asthma) but that's allowed.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CitizenZero

Everyone spits while talking, just because you do not notice it does not mean it does not happen all the time.

We expel moisture every time we breath in and out. What do you think moisture is, it's tiny droplets of water hanging in the air.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Everyone spits while talking, just because you do not notice it does not mean it does not happen all the time.

We expel moisture every time we breath in and out. What do you think moisture is, it's tiny droplets of water hanging in the air.

That’s why I said don’t talk where keeping distance is difficult.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Do you not believe in masks either?

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

And you are wrong.

Wearing a cloth mask is better than not wearing one at all. Don't be like this guy.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I'll wear a mask for sex. I will wear a mask for halloween, I will wear a Mask for special powers, I will wear a mask for Mardi Gras, Carnival....but Unless, I am a hospital worker in contact with patients that have open orifices of the surgical kind or open wounds or sores...Aside from sterile gloves, I would wear a mask. Otherwise, here is the problem, are you A) wearing your mask 24 hours a day 7 days a week...or B) Taking it off at all at any point in the 24 hour period? You will wear it to protect others should you have it....Hmmmm, what if they have it and they are wearing a mask...very noble....I have yet to be tested and I have all kind of symptoms and I have absolutely no contact of any kind with anyone other than my wife if she gets it and gives it to me and I die is it her fault because she wears a mask everywhere, When I go anywhere I carry one with me, but unless I have to go in a shop and they require it for entry well I'll put the damn thing on for 5 minutes. Social distancing, yeah I walked to the veggie place yesterday and came across a small party directly on a main street, where everyone pretended to have a mask and nobody was wearing them...they were partying and having a great time...and Before all of this crap started, you know right after Epstein "died" and Trump didn't get impeached (Joke)..I was in no hurry to be around any people in groups, I need my "Space" all the time because of trust issues.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I am saying that condoms lessen the chance of pregnancy. They are around 70%-98% effective.

A mask lessens the chance of you passing along the coronavirus if you are infected. If everyone wears a mask then the chances of people getting the virus are lessened.

I've already spoken to someone that had corona virus. He was totally healthy and didn't worry about wearing a mask. He ended up in the hospital hooked up to a ventillator, spitting up his own blood on his chest and having major hallucinations while in intensive care.

Wear a mask the risk is not worth it.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
That's why I said, we expel moisture every time we breath.

So I guess your solution is to just hold the breath until a safe distance is possible. Good luck with that in public transportation.

If there is anything unclear, I encourage you to ask.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

A more apt comparison.

And it's always worked for me.

In any case it's better to wear the mask than to not wear one.

www.cbs8.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Yep, masks don't prevent virus infection per multiple controlled medical studies over the past decade including 2020!.

2009: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

2010: www.cambridge.org... iew/64D368496EBDE0AFCC6639CCC9D8BC05

2012: onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

2015: bmjopen.bmj.com...

2016: www.cmaj.ca...

2017: academic.oup.com...

2019: jamanetwork.com...

2020: onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

Here are some GREAT sites that are updated daily. They have charts for those that aren't nerdy like me and datasets for those that like to chart/analyse data.

ourworldindata.org...

nexstrain.org...

informationisbeautiful.net...

nssac.bii.virginia.edu...

covidtracking.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: NoSoup4U

Now show a bunch of links that tell us that masks do not stop droplets from being expelled over vast distances and you may have an argument.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

That's why I said, we expel moisture every time we breath.

So I guess your solution is to just hold the breath until a safe distance is possible. Good luck with that in public transportation.

If there is anything unclear, I encourage you to ask.

No, my solution is to wash my hands, practice good hygiene and coughing etiquette. Without a mask I can avoid the false sense of security while retaining my individuality

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

The density of condom material prevents the transmission of sexually transmitted disease and sperm as it acts as a hard barrier.

The majority of face coverings do not stop the spread of the corona virus, i believe the Coronaviridae are 80-220nm in size so the particles will pass straight through. Unfortunately hard barrier masks aren't possible because we need to breathe.

Pull a condom over your head, it will stop the corona virus 100%. Will also kill you. Restricting airflow and re-breathing without a respirator will do the same, only much more slowly.
edit on 30/8/20 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

That's all nice but how does that prevent you from spreading droplets via breath?

Answer: not at all

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Masks are the new religion, the Church of the Poisoned Mind, as Boy George called it.

Like the bridle for the horse, they teach submission and diminish individuality.

They don't stop the spread of the virus, as I know one nurse who caught it while she was fully garbed on duty.

They do make people feel better about themselves, as they get the feeling they are contributing to stopping some viral enemy.

I certainly don't object to other people wearing them, but mandates stand on shaky legal grounds, in the real world.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

That's all nice but how does that prevent you from spreading droplets via breath?

Answer: not at all

It doesn’t. But droplets still escape from masks. Besides becoming contaminated themselves, masks also provide a false sense of security, another reason to touch your face, environmental waste, and are ruinous to identity and communication. I’ll stick to no mask, thank you.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
double post
edit on 30-8-2020 by CitizenZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Brilliant! I love it, you should try breathing though a condom. If it doesn't work don't give up, you're just not believing hard enough.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

I think part of the issue some non-mask folks have is that the virus isn’t anything NEAR as dangerous as they are making it out to be. I actually think that it’s really no worse than the flu we all deal with every year.

A lot of people die from the flu every year; and old people, and very young, and otherwise health-compromised people are especially susceptible to having it go bad if they get it. But we didn’t make the entire rest of the world rearrange their lives around the set of people who have to be more careful. Why did that become the standard operating procedure with this virus?

Because the media and the crooked governmental leaders (and those who have benefits to be gained from the situation) told us all it was the most contagious most deadly virus ever. Yet, they can’t possibly know how many people have had it, since according to them, there are “Super Spreaders!” You know, those people who have the virus yet have no symptoms, thus don’t know they have it and go spreading it around unknowingly. I know many folks who have had it but only knew because they had to be tested before returning to college.

Do you believe this virus is as bad as they want us to believe? Do you find it interesting that as soon as people start to question the situation, suddenly “more deadly!” and “more contagious!” strains are supposedly popping up?

Have you looked into the Covid-19 “relief” act that was passed and seen how much money (BILLIONS) went to industries and businesses completely unrelated to the situation?

So- I think with many of us, we don’t think that we have been told truthfully about this virus, that fear and control of people has been implemented for nefarious reasons, even if it’s just more profits for certain groups or individuals. And that’s why some object to the mask.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join