It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kyle rittenhouse is nothing more than a two bit thug.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

How did Rittenhouse know these people had past criminal records, so he could specifically target them ? Who told him ? Did he guess or just get lucky ? Can you answer me that?

I did not wrote that at all. I see you are not capable of staying unbiased.

For starters, I was writing about using the same standards for both Rittenhouse and the three criminals (if that's better for you). Don't you see your own double standard? It's okay to bash down on Rittenhouse because of this incident but it's not okay to point out everyone of these three people have a criminal past?

Here's a vid of your " Hero " beating up a girl. Probably just about his level.
Got anything else to say ?

It's not my "hero", I won't discuss matter with someone that uses strawman arguments and put's words into my mouth.

So if you want to have the last word, go for it

edit on 31.8.2020 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: fixed formatting tags

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
A quick look shows some of the same names. That thread had the same battle in opposite form. Majority blamed Arbery for causing his own death or it was justified because he wandered thru a construction site that had video of 10 other people doing the same thing but were not chased with guns.

Big difference was the shooter was not arrested for almost 3 months until the video finally surfaced. At least in this case there was no delay and will be up to the courts

Like I said maybe a few people, but I also think a number of them changed their view after further facts came out. You were wide brushing a hypocrisy brush across a large group of people and your narrative is just not true just as your " Majority blamed" is also incorrect. Arbery fought in self defense and died for it with the Dad and Son going to jail a good long time...period. Lets some of your so called believers that was not the case come forward now to show us they still think Arbery was in the wrong and the son and dad were in the right...I'll wait..

It was also pointed out that the dad/son had no clue that he went in a construction site, and the video came out after he was dead, so even in that there is no case as to what you see as how people think about it all.

In the end the only question for YOU to answer to keep your hypocrisy in check is whether you see Arbery and Rittenhouse both acted in self defense or not.

edit on 31-8-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
I cannot make a judgment on this yet as I am unclear on the first incident.

I saw the video of the plastic bag being thrown. I do not know the law, if you are committing a crime, such as illegally carrying a weapon can you use the weapon in self defense? If you murder someone and are being chased and the cops will not arrest you, can they legally chase down someone using force if necessary? How does the law play in if you used self defense and then run from the scene? If the first incidence ruled self defense, I would think the others are self defense also it seems

These are questions I don't know the answer to. I cannot make judgment based on assumptions.
edit on 31-8-2020 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2020 by frogs453 because: Grammar

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I saw the video of the plastic bag being thrown. I do not know the law, if you are committing a crime, such as illegally carrying a weapon can you use the weapon in self defense? If you murder someone and are being chased and the cops will not arrest you, can they legally chase down someone using force if necessary? How does the law play in if you used self defense and then run from the scene? If the first incidence ruled self defense, I would think the others are self defense also it seems

These are questions I don't know the answer to. I cannot make judgment based on assumptions.

First guy shot attacked him after chasing him down a good while and while attacking him tried to take his gun in a struggle. In America if someone is trying to take your gun you can shoot...

Second guy attacked him most likely because he shot the first guy. Kyle was on the ground after getting knocked down at the time he shot the second guy as close range who was coming at him in an attack.

Third guy pulled a hand gun and even said he wanted to kill him but Kyle shot first hitting him in his arm holding the gun.

After the first guy was shot he stayed at the scene, but then needed to run as a large group of people came after him. He also tried to turn himself in to the cops that basically ignored him as they drove away. He later turned himself in to the police. As to leaving the scene etc I have no clue as to how the mob will play into it all.

edit on 31-8-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Do you know in regard to being armed illegally and using the weapon in self defense? I haven't found good information on that. I did read that it was a fugitive warrant he was arrested on, and arrested at home? He turned himself in? Again, no sarcasm here. Just curiosity.
edit on 31-8-2020 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Do you know in regard to being armed illegally and using the weapon in self defense? I haven't found good information on that. I did read that it was a fugitive warrant he was arrested on, and arrested at home? He turned himself in? Again, no sarcasm here. Just curiosity.

Here is what he did...

“Kyle got up and continued down the street in the direction of police with his hands in the air. He attempted to contact multiple police officers, but they were more concerned with the wounded attackers. The police did not take Kyle into custody at that time, but instead they indicated he should keep moving,” the statement says. “He fully cooperated, both then and later that night when he turned himself in to the police in his hometown, Antioch, Illinois.”

As far as the gun thing that would be two separate charges... Underage could result in a Class A misdemeanor for that act, and that can be up to a year in jail but is typically just a fine.

Now killing someone is really just based on whether it was justified or not. It will be very hard to prove in his case it wasn't justified as in he wasn't shooting people all over the place and they were up close to where one could say he had no choice compared to lets say shooting someone at 30 feet away. The videos are 100% in his favor.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Even if all three shootings were justified, there are still firearms and reckless-endangerment charges for him to contend with. In other words hes going to jail its just a matter of for how long. i dont think they will get 1st degree murder because his lawyers will argue mitigating circumstances. But this is probably expected by the prosecution you always try for the bigger charges knowing it will be kicked down to 2nd degree murder.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: bastion

The video in the OP shows Kyle assualting a girl for no reason with several sucker punches?

If someone shoots him will they be hailed as a 'hero', do his past crimes negate his hero status or does the title only fit when the person fits an indivuals partisan views the same way judging people on past crimes does?

If Kyle Rittenhouse (or anyone for that matter) picks up a blunt force object and wields it as a weapon, pulls out a knife, pulls out a gun, or is attacking someone incapable of defending themselves, then yes, they can be shot in self defense. They can be stabbed in self defense. They can be brained with a brick in self defense.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with who a person is! Can people not understand that? If anyone is threatened with deadly force, that person then becomes legally able to use deadly force to repel their attacker. If anyone threatens someone with deadly force, they can have deadly force used against them.

There are only two questions here: who initiated the immediate attack, and did they use deadly force as was reasonably interpreted by the person who defended against them? Nothing else matters. All these other arguments are just mental twists and turns to try and steer people into identity politics. Politics does not matter. What happened six months ago does not matter. Who the attacker or the attackee voted for does not matter. Who is in power in the White House does not matter. What WaPo says does not matter.

So how about not making inane comments that only serve to showcase your intentional ignorance?

TheRedneck

Kyle Rittenhouse is a violent psychopath, even if he's a young, stupid looking one.

It's just a shame that the OTHER paramedic didn't put his ass down when he had a chance.

Hopefully they won't go soft on him, because if this kid gets out anytime soon, he's going to go right back to killing and assaulting.

Some hero.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Firewater
Nailed it!

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Thanks for the info. Fugitive is I'm guessing because it was out of state. From what I can find the illegal weapon is more of a legal issue in stand your ground defense however illegally having one can play into how you are perceived by the jury according to what I read.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

As far as I know, as a 17 year old, he is permitted to carry a long gun in Wisconsin but not able to buy one.
His lawyer is claiming he acquired it legally and didn’t transport it across state lines. The attorney says he’s not wanting to reveal who gave it to him yet.
There had been claims that his friend (who lives in Wisconsin) had let him use it. Seems to be supported by his attorney.

As far as the first incident, he was attacked and chased. As he was running away, a person with a pistol can be seen (and heard) firing it into the air not far from Kyle. That’s about the time he turns around, is bum rushed, and the guy attempts to take his weapon. That part is difficult to see in the video but it’s been confirmed by a reporter who was standing right there when it happened.
About 20 minutes before that incident, the rioters had set a dumpster on fire and were attempting to push it towards the police line. One guy from Kyle’s group (I don’t think it was Kyle but not positive) put the fire out with an extinguisher. Needless to say, that pissed off the rioters.
Shortly after that, Kyle’s group moved location. He attempted to catch up with them but was stopped from doing so by the police. It’s on video. He also, only minutes before the first shooting incident, is on video offering first aid to protesters.
Kyle’s Attorney, and some eyewitnesses, have said he was first attacked because he tried to put out a dumpster fire. It’s not clear whether they’re referring to the first incident where the fire was extinguished or if rioters re lit it and Kyle attempted to put it out a second time. Unfortunately, it’s not on any video I could find.
The next time we see him on camera is when he’s being chased and the gun is fired behind him.
That’s extremely important, though. As far as I’ve seen, there’s no evidence he did anything to provoke a legitimate attack.
he attempt to get away from aggressors in every instance, he only fired when he had no other choice. Not only that but, for all he knew, the pistol being fired in the air right behind him could have been aimed at him.

This case shouldn’t even make it to trial.

edit on 31-8-2020 by elDooberino because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ththema

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: bastion

The video in the OP shows Kyle assualting a girl for no reason with several sucker punches?

If someone shoots him will they be hailed as a 'hero', do his past crimes negate his hero status or does the title only fit when the person fits an indivuals partisan views the same way judging people on past crimes does?

If Kyle Rittenhouse (or anyone for that matter) picks up a blunt force object and wields it as a weapon, pulls out a knife, pulls out a gun, or is attacking someone incapable of defending themselves, then yes, they can be shot in self defense. They can be stabbed in self defense. They can be brained with a brick in self defense.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with who a person is! Can people not understand that? If anyone is threatened with deadly force, that person then becomes legally able to use deadly force to repel their attacker. If anyone threatens someone with deadly force, they can have deadly force used against them.

There are only two questions here: who initiated the immediate attack, and did they use deadly force as was reasonably interpreted by the person who defended against them? Nothing else matters. All these other arguments are just mental twists and turns to try and steer people into identity politics. Politics does not matter. What happened six months ago does not matter. Who the attacker or the attackee voted for does not matter. Who is in power in the White House does not matter. What WaPo says does not matter.

So how about not making inane comments that only serve to showcase your intentional ignorance?

TheRedneck

Kyle Rittenhouse is a violent psychopath, even if he's a young, stupid looking one.

It's just a shame that the OTHER paramedic didn't put his ass down when he had a chance.

Hopefully they won't go soft on him, because if this kid gets out anytime soon, he's going to go right back to killing and assaulting.

Some hero.

Also, throwing water bottle toward someone, and running at them unarmed are not deadly force.

2 unarmed civilians murdered in self defense, yet not a scratch on the kids body. LOL.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Oh yeah. Kid is in trouble for sure. I was not clear on some legal aspects.

I can make a judgment based on how I feel about the situation, but I try to know as many facts as possible.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Ththema

Your right thats the argument prosecutors will make. How can he say he feared for his life when the person could have just decided he was a threat and needed to be disarmed. going to be tough for the defence to prove two dead men were trying to kill him. Ss for the 3rd he apparently was armed and decided not to use it and was shot for that moment of indecision.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Thanks for the info. Fugitive is I'm guessing because it was out of state. From what I can find the illegal weapon is more of a legal issue in stand your ground defense however illegally having one can play into how you are perceived by the jury according to what I read.

States have different rules too. In Texas you can shoot someone who stole your neighbor's TV and is just running away, but in other states they have a stand your ground as in if someone attacks you then you can defend without the requirement to evade first, while other states say you need to actually prove you could not get away first.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

How does the law play in if you used self defense and then run from the scene? If the first incidence ruled self defense, I would think the others are self defense also it seems

Right after the 1st shooting, he called a friend who was a cop, he was told he better run by the guy attending the 1st victim..so he did not immediately flee, he phoned a cop.

edit on 31-8-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Your right thats the argument prosecutors will make. How can he say he feared for his life when the person could have just decided he was a threat and needed to be disarmed. going to be tough for the defence to prove two dead men were trying to kill him. Ss for the 3rd he apparently was armed and decided not to use it and was shot for that moment of indecision.

We have video, this is an open and shut case.

The defensive murder option holds no water whatsoever, better for the defense to make the claim that Kyle was emotionally and mentally disturbed

Which he was.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

How does the law play in if you used self defense and then run from the scene? If the first incidence ruled self defense, I would think the others are self defense also it seems

Right after the 1st shooting, he called a friend who was a cop, he was told he better run by the guy attending the 1st victim..so he did not immediately flee, he phoned a cop.

Odd thing to do you would think he would have dialed 911. He just shot someone and they were laying at his feet bleading.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

The court will not expect a person being attacked to be a mindreader, he was physically attacked, and he is allowed to defend..end of story..pro tip, don't attack a guy with a gun..right? No one would of died. I agree the kid should not of been there, but since he was, he has the same rights to live, he is neither a hero, nor villain

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
He did stop, he called a cop, not 911, but good enough in my mind, the point being, he called, and was going to wait.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join