It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protestor shot in Portland

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I know too many people now that are always armed. There's real concern now.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Once bullets begin to fly we have a civil war on our hands. I'm very split on this as one part of me says 'no way!' and another part says "its inevitable, let's get it over with". Anyone else feeling this way or is it just me?

It's impossible to win a peoples war, you have to kill 'civillians'

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Once bullets begin to fly we have a civil war on our hands. I'm very split on this as one part of me says 'no way!' and another part says "its inevitable, let's get it over with". Anyone else feeling this way or is it just me?

I did feel that way. Now it's more like, "just get it over with. I've got rebuilding to do and I'm not getting younger."

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity, is anyone else having trouble with twitter? The page freezes loading messages and just hangs there.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I saw a video of a guy using a drone to drop a lure over a group of fish
It made the other fish all go away the minute he caught one
Suddenly those fish all found other places to go

Oh, my bad, I thought this post was about fishing

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: misfit312

I wish people would stop using bear spray. It is significantly less powerful than regular pepper spray.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

It's impossible to win a peoples war, you have to kill 'civillians'

We found that out during the last Civil War. Why do you think there were so many Confederate monuments in so many places? In the end we were all Americans and fought ourselves, families were split by that war and fathers killed sons, killed brothers, shot cousins, and so on and so forth. In a lot of places, those monuments on both sides marked the mourning of the entire nation, no matter whose side you fought on. At that point in time, it was less about marking or glorifying "side" and more about the human tragedy of what it cost us to fight at all, no matter how just the result.

We've gotten to the point where idiots have forgotten that part of it all, and they are determined to relearn it the hard way.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Killed a Trump supporter in an unprovoked attack.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Killed a Trump supporter in an unprovoked attack.

Needs to be a brutally efficient response.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

We've gotten to the point where idiots have forgotten that part of it all, and they are determined to relearn it the hard way.

Maybe that's why they demanded the Confederate War Memorials had to come down.

I don't think they know how hard the hard way really is... but it does look like they're about to find out.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

They were never taught it.

All they know of the Civil War is that some people wanted slavery. They know all about feeling bad for black people because of that and guilty over who and what they think they are, but they don't know how to imagine the human toll of two groups of people trying their best to slaughter each other.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Those who refuse to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them.

Those who tried and failed to teach them are also doomed to the same fate... no one mentioned that part to me before.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

My teachers in school, grade school - 4th/5th grade, had us watching The Blue and the Gray. It's an old miniseries that aired about the Civil War. It followed a sprawling family on both sides of the divide through the eyes of mainly one cousin who was the equivalent of a war correspondent. He sketched the battlefields.

It attempted to show that human element, and it was much less soap opera than North and South although I like that one too.

edit on 30-8-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I found ties to the War of Northern Aggression researching my family tree. No generals or famous folks, but a lot of my people fought in that war. We still haven't fully recovered as a nation; the scars still show through in everything from football to political positions. Now I guess we're gonna reopen that wound.

Last time, many waters ran red and many fields turned red with blood from the dead and dying on both sides. I wonder how much we'll bleed this time?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Aren't we always repeating history?

I mean really.

Humanity isn't very bright.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Aren't we always repeating history?

I mean really.

Humanity isn't very bright.

Too many people lack imagination.

Once we get far enough removed from the generation that last experienced a thing, it's like we no longer know how to really imagine it well enough to live it vicariously ourselves. And then the really unimaginative ones think it can't be all that bad and have to put all the rest of us through it again to realize why it's not a good idea.

With things like touching a hot pot on the stove, only one person suffers, but with things like war, an entire generation gets put through hell for the benefit of the idiots who are fortunate enough to survive the experience.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Tht's what I mean.

We always repeat history, we're not any smarter.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

That's why civilizations used to place so much faith in elders and stories passed down. It kept alive the memory of times that didn't bear repeating, and some of those cultures survived intact for eons. But today, we are so much smarter! Now we know to put all our faith in the exuberance, vitality, and absolute idiocy of youth. They'll make up new stories for us... never mind that these will all be fantasy borne of ignorance...

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

That's why civilizations used to place so much faith in elders and stories passed down. It kept alive the memory of times that didn't bear repeating, and some of those cultures survived intact for eons. But today, we are so much smarter! Now we know to put all our faith in the exuberance, vitality, and absolute idiocy of youth. They'll make up new stories for us... never mind that these will all be fantasy borne of ignorance...

TheRedneck

Societies often devolve that way.

Just look at "now", how everyone is "woke", now look at all the "ages of enlightenment".

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I watched this happen in real time last night just like the Kenosha shooting.

The man was targeted. The video circulating is from a person who was just wandering and walks right into it. If you go back in the video you can see the man who fired the shots. He is going after someone.

In the same video, you can hear people yelling afterwards and you hear "he has been causing problems all night" referencing the man shot in the street. The man who shot the weapon had already slipped away.

There was also an immediate response by police and others who showed up. Wondering if he has any ties to Law enforcement.

No name released yet.

This was straight up murder for a hat....and the answer is going to be very, very bad.
edit on Augam31amf0000002020-08-30T11:34:15-05:001115 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join