It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protestor shot in Portland

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: rickymouse
It is like trying to blame the destructive BLM and Antifa on Biden or Pelosi.

Neither one has condemned the violent actions of BLM and ANTIFA.

Well, Biden partially did, 90 days after the current violent wave began. But he didn't urge them to stop committing the violence, and looting. What a leader, eh?

Some of the democrat congresswomen are actually praising the chaos going on as a proper way to fix things. Uuuggghhh. How did they get elected?
edit on 29-8-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Thanks. That's a much different perspective. Still hard to see what happened. I'm guessing there's more footage yet uploaded.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Antifa is claiming it was one of their comrades that died by a fascist Trump supporter.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes! Good riddance!

edit on 29-8-2020 by ATSAlex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Bluntone22

I am just showing the escalation between both sides of the protest.

Chicago is just...insane.

I apologize if that came across as a shot at you.
Not my intention.

I just find it odd that so many people are upset at the police for their interactions with a few criminals but literally dozens of black men shoot each other every weekend and it’s mostly ignored.

By far the greatest threat to a black man in America is another black man.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   
There is another video but I cannot link it. Looks like a side street and a one person shoots another and the guy takes off.

twitter.com...

You be the judge....

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

No not at all. Just clarifying what I was going for.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The mentality of going out in the street with a curfew that has already produced dead and injured people, is just astronomically stupid. If you are a protester, you deserve what you get, and if you are an innocent bystander, not much different because why the hell are you there?

At the VERY least, round them all up, get ID's and remove them from any pandemic or local unemployment compensation 'benefits' that they would claim, plus the hefty fine for being out on curfew. Something, anyway.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

This is the shooter...

twitter.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
The mentality of going out in the street with a curfew that has already produced dead and injured people, is just astronomically stupid. If you are a protester, you deserve what you get, and if you are an innocent bystander, not much different because why the hell are you there?

At the VERY least, round them all up, get ID's and remove them from any pandemic or local unemployment compensation 'benefits' that they would claim, plus the hefty fine for being out on curfew. Something, anyway.

Participating riots should automatically void any and all government benefits for the rest of your life. From unemployment to elder services.

Make 'em regret it.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I'm sure.

If there were any police there this wouldn't have happened. Not likely that they will make an arrest on this.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   
They should just dust the area with a diluted form of kolokol-1.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I'm sure.

If there were any police there this wouldn't have happened. Not likely that they will make an arrest on this.

In Portland?

Not a chance.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   
At the end of the link matafuchs gave us twitter.com... the guy says "I have mace in my eyes". Could be from something earlier, could be from the residual smoke he entered from the shots? I don't know. Any thoughts?
edit on 30-8-2020 by CopeLongCut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Also, that was not a modern handgun or firearm (it could of been a modern built black powder firearm). It was not smokeless powder. Either he was shooting black powder or... It could of been CS powder?

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:16 AM
link   
When I get to see my grand kids, I hug them close and tears come to my eyes because I know that they will never be able to see the freedoms I had in my life and the opportunities that they will come by will be hard fought.

The protesters... many of them are young kids. They will regret this later in life, if they live that long. This country protected them so well, just to be stabbed in the eye because of selfish, self-righteous behavior taught to them by murderous, evil manipulators.

The next war, these manipulating factions are the enemy and as old as I am, I would sign up in a minute to bury them.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Every action in the link matafuchs twitter.com... looks too picture perfect. Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

Antifa is claiming it was one of their comrades that died by a fascist Trump supporter.

One pod cast was saying a Black dude drove up to a White guy and shot him, dude is dead I guess.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be fun to dig deeper?a reply to: Xtrozero

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   
why is this a shock to ANYONE.

look the reason "vigilantism" or "vigilante" is not accepted is because as a society today we depend on police to enforce the law / protect (within reason) us from criminals. If (key word IF ) we have to defend ourselves and/or property it is a limited and isolated (we hope) incident. One that can reasonably be determined on the site or at worst court if legit/legal or not.

when our nation was forming/formed and "law enforcement" was few and far away.. groups of people had to band together to stop lawlessness . it was first called "vigilante committees".
in short a local "law enforcement group" and court system if you will
maybe not a good (and lets be honest the "official" system had its flaws too, look at the lincoln county wars) but a noble attempt that to some extent did work.

when a permanent law enforcement presence (both police and courts) were established such a group was not needed nor justified (outside of a "posse" for specific situations) .

in fact "vigilante / vigilante committee " was not a chastised concept but one considered not needed.
the concept that went over the line was called "lynch mob"
this was those that took the law into their own hands with no regard to any concept of legit justice but mob rule.

hence the different name.
BTW must note just because it had "lynch" in it and yes sadly some incidents could be due to racial overtones, it was not a "racist" term .
in fact alot of "white" people were "lynched" by the mob.

what is happening today is that the law enforcement and court system have been in essence corrupted by those in charge and trusted to uphold the law (like states atty) .

they either tell those that enforce it they must not use effective means (be physical force, less than lethal like pepper spray/rubber bullets/ ect, or god forbid worst case lethal force) , tell them to do their job that puts them at risk but does no good, or as shown to "stand down" and let it happen.

If they are allowed to arrest the lawbreakers those trusted to prosecute the lawbreakers refuse to do so .
then the judges if it gets to that point let the prosecutors get away with not charging them or slap on the wrist deals.
if it even gets past that public officials passing laws or edicts letting them off and worse encouraging them.

what is left is people to DEFEND THEMSELVES.

in short the "vigilantes " and "vigilante committees (or groups in the modern term)" are the only option left.

no matter what the press and those not stopping (and even SUPPORTING) the attacks, looting, and destroying property to demonize those doing this

people can AND MUST protect what they have and themselves.

what in hades do you expect them to do?

just sit by and be attacked, permanently injured or even killed?
to have everything they work for be destroyed ?

sorry doesnt work that way

either have the police and courts DO THEIR DAMN JOB, let people who are attacked defend themselves when police are not there or people WILL DO IT THEMSELVES .

at least if the "authorities" do it it has a set of rules.

if left up to people there will be some bad thing happening

its that simple

scrounger

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join