It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I fear for my Country this week...

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I've read 2 articles this week that show me that my country has been undermined by lies,

Minneapolis police rendered 44 people unconscious with neck restraints in five years

and

Med ical examiner: George Floyd had 'fatal level of fentanyl' in his system, but is 'not saying this killed him'

This is telling me that this country has been lied to.

Those Minneapolis Police Officers are going to be acquitted. And then what will happen?

How many cities are burning over a lie? How many people are dead because of a lie?

The Supreme Court has ruled that it's not Freedom of Speech to yell "Fire" in a crowded room, if there isn't a Fire. It's considered a form of Reckless Endangerment.

I think every member of the Press that said the Police killed George Floyd should be brought up on charges for Inciting to Riot. They should be held accountable. No one outside of Minneapolis would have heard of the incident if it wasn't for the Press.

It's obvious now that they didn't tell the truth.

The 1st Amendment doesn't protect liars.
edit on 29-8-2020 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The rear naked choke is a tool.

Please don't pearl clutch over it. It's better to render an assailant unconscious with a good choke than it is to use weapons on them.

Learn some jiu jitsu.
edit on 8 29 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

Edit:
Not directed at you OP I mean this generally.
edit on 8 29 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

To be fair, the officers in the incident with George Floyd were negligent at the least. I don't know if you're familiar with fentanyl and its effects, but I am first hand. Had it been fentanyl that killed him, he'd have been dead before his interaction with police. There were enough officers there to detain him more safely.

With that many officers, I didn't see a reason to kneel of his neck that long.
edit on 29-8-2020 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   
"Dr. Michael Baden explains that a fatal dose for some people can barely affect others"

Right under the title, but you know, nevermind.

Even if it would have killed him, that means the cop should speed up the process by kneeling on his neck for 8 minutes?

People are dying in hospices all over, should we just go end them now too?

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Oh, there are many more things to be worried about.

India and China are on the verge of war.

China has threatened to cut off the supply of drugs to the US (prescription and vitamins) and 90% are made in China.

China is beating the war drums and all hell could break lose at any time.

We have election issues. Need I say more? Mail in voting is going to be rife with fraud and abuse.

One of our political parties are fanning the flames of lawlessness against the citizens of the United States.

We are set up for a coup.

Prepare accordingly.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
To be fair, the officers in the incident with George Floyd were negligent at the least.

That;s plausible.

I don't see Murder charges being plausible at this time.

originally posted by: Gnawledge
"Dr. Michael Baden explains that a fatal dose for some people can barely affect others"

So which was he? Was he someone who was experiencing a fatal dose of Fentanyl or Not? The only thing right under the title was confusion.

A Fentanyl overdose will interfere with breathing. I seem to remember hearing that he said he couldn't breathe, but if someone is choking and can't breathe, they can't talk.

Look it up. It's on a poster in almost every restaurant.
edit on 30-8-2020 by CryHavoc because: edit

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:26 AM
link   

edit on 30-8-2020 by CryHavoc because: edit

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc
I've read 2 articles this week that show me that my country has been undermined by lies,

Minneapolis police rendered 44 people unconscious with neck restraints in five years

and

Med ical examiner: George Floyd had 'fatal level of fentanyl' in his system, but is 'not saying this killed him'

This is telling me that this country has been lied to.

Those Minneapolis Police Officers are going to be acquitted. And then what will happen?

How many cities are burning over a lie? How many people are dead because of a lie?

The Supreme Court has ruled that it's not Freedom of Speech to yell "Fire" in a crowded room, if there isn't a Fire. It's considered a form of Reckless Endangerment.

I think every member of the Press that said the Police killed George Floyd should be brought up on charges for Inciting to Riot. They should be held accountable. No one outside of Minneapolis would have heard of the incident if it wasn't for the Press.

It's obvious now that they didn't tell the truth.

The 1st Amendment doesn't protect liars.

I am with you friend. The things you mention are the tips of the icebergs that loom beneath the waves. I am not a doomer but if you have half a brain right now, you know that this is a very dangerous time that can tip either way. I have optimism that the fed has a switch that is about to click... and what comes out may be ugly as hell for a while, but certainly necessary. I think the consensus wants and expects it ..... but then again, that is me.

edit on 30-8-2020 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Of course we're being lied to. We have been being lied to for quite some time now. I'd estimate 80% of the people in the US either solely watch Fox News or one of the other MSM outlets for their news... Fox News is a Republican news outlet; the rest of the MSM are Democrat news outlets. Either way, people are getting one side of the story.

In the end though, we do have a problem with police abuse of power in this country. Is every cop a bad cop? No! Certainly not! Not even close! But, with due respect to all LEOs reading, there are some bad cops and the number seems to be slowly increasing. You probably know some; if you don't, and you don't believe there are bad cops, perhaps you should take a closer look in the mirror.

George Floyd's death was an impetus to change. We all watched a man die in the street with a cop's knee firmly pressed into the back of his neck and the full weight of the cop pushing down on it. I saw nothing that could make me believe that amount of force was necessary, and that is all that matters to make the case for abuse of power.

Was George Floyd a saint? Heavens, no! He had his share of run-ins with the law. Would George Floyd have died anyway from the overdose? Maybe; maybe not. But that does not excuse the actions of the police. Was there cause to arrest George Floyd? Maybe; maybe not. The charge of passing a fake $20 bill does not seem so, but we still haven't heard from the cops involved. None of those things matter though: even a hardened criminal deserves to be treated with as much respect as possible during an arrest; the police actions certainly did nothing to assist George Floyd in living another day; a person is subject to arrest at any time for any reason.

But how often have we heard about George Floyd lately? How about the cop that killed him? I see Floyd's face on a poster from time to time, but usually not associated with his name. Now the news is filled with the political race, the bad cold that is terrorizing the globe, and the riots in the streets over defunding the police. George Floyd has become irrelevant and his killer has become forgotten... the other cops involved are footnotes in history mere months after the incident. Of course they'll walk; nobody is listening and nobody cares any more. I said that some months back when protests became riots. I believe the exact words I used then were "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory."

Let me let you in on some secrets: The protests over George Floyd were (mostly) not about police brutality. They were about destabilizing the political system. The worry over the virus is not about keeping anyone healthy; it is about destabilizing the political system. If anyone wants to know who is responsible, just look at who is encouraging both. Who is telling the police to stand down, who is talking about defunding police, who is claiming we need more lockdowns, and who is promoting a national mandate on face masks? That is your responsible party.

The Swamp has been officially drained. We can all now see the creepy crawley swamp critters that once hid under the black water. We can clearly see the muck and the mire they have created. It is now up to us as a society to decide: do we clean up the drained swamp, or do we refill it and let the swamp critters go back to doing what swamp critters do?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Could agree with you more.

China has threatened to cut off the supply of drugs to the US (prescription and vitamins) and 90% are made in China.

This is our own fault and past administrations are to blame for allowing it to happen. Last I heard, Trump is trying to turn that around.

We have election issues. Need I say more? Mail in voting is going to be rife with fraud and abuse.

I never understood the push for mail-in voting unless your planning and rigging an election. If it's safe for people to go shopping wearing masks, why isn't safe to go vote wearing a mask?

We are set up for a coup.

Actually the coup started right after Trump was elected and hasn't stopped. The dems are just turning up the flames, our only hope is that enough people have woke and Trump gets reelected with a major landslide victory.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   

You know what comes before country?

Family! So get angry for your country or you may fear for your family.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc

originally posted by: sine.nomine
To be fair, the officers in the incident with George Floyd were negligent at the least.

That;s plausible.

I don't see Murder charges being plausible at this time.

originally posted by: Gnawledge

So which was he? Was he someone who was experiencing a fatal dose of Fentanyl or Not? The only thing right under the title was confusion.

A Fentanyl overdose will interfere with breathing. I seem to remember hearing that he said he couldn't breathe, but if someone is choking and can't breathe, they can't talk.

Look it up. It's on a poster in almost every restaurant.

Please...when someone is extremely short of air, they're not thinking semantics. "I can barely breathe" vs "I can't breathe."

And, if you didn't have it already, the internet can easily provide you with information regarding fatal doses of drugs. You may be surprised to learn that not everyone's fatal dose is exactly the same! I'll try to illustrate a simple example:

Subject A: 7 years old, has never encountered opiates before

Subject B: 30 years old, has a $100/day heroin habit

Experiment: Both subjects given 70mg of hydrocodone.

Results: Subject A dies. Subject B requests 100mg more, as he is beginning to experience withdrawl symptoms.

I can't believe I had to come up with a way to explain that to someone with the ability to read and write, but, well, there it is...

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

The Swamp has been officially drained. We can all now see the creepy crawley swamp critters that once hid under the black water. We can clearly see the muck and the mire they have created. It is now up to us as a society to decide: do we clean up the drained swamp, or do we refill it and let the swamp critters go back to doing what swamp critters do?

TheRedneck

Respect your posts an enjoy them greatly.
Have to say on this last point you were a little off. The Swamp applies to both parties an there are plenty of both who need to GTFO. Right now the Dem's are showing their @$$ blatantly, but no mistake there are plenty of Republicans we could do without as well. Either we do the job 100% or we'll be right back here four years from now. This is less a partisan issue than a culling of the hogs at DC's feed trough.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
From the 'outside' looking 'in', it is quite clear that Americans are in a full-blown ideological war with each other, but it won't be long before other countries follow a similar path in the way of their own cultures. Of course, there is also a vast swathe of the population who just want to get on living their lives, and want nothing to do with the chaos and the arguments. The only time they get 'active' is when it is time to vote a president in.

If Americans ever shared a consensus of a direction for its society, it has been drowned out by all the ideological fractures. The only reason why American society has continued to hobble along through the years is because of a great fear of total societal breakdown, and that it has been artificially propped up by all the corruption. The rich fear a total breakdown more than anyone, and they will use any means to ensure it doesn't happen, including the use of tyranny against the people under the pretext of global and national threats.

You know who your real enemy is, but you just cannot come together to organise a means to deal with it. Until you all find a way to come together, you will never be a nation, and a country only in title, but without real substance.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

The Swamp applies to both parties an there are plenty of both who need to GTFO. Right now the Dem's are showing their @$$ blatantly, but no mistake there are plenty of Republicans we could do without as well. Either we do the job 100% or we'll be right back here four years from now.

Don't think I said otherwise.

At this one point in time, the biggest problem is the DNC. That does not mean there are no Republicans involved; there are plenty, and every single one who is dirty needs to go.

I will say this, however. The DNC has made this a partisan issue. We can do nothing as long as the DNC is in control of any one branch of government. That's why I don't mention the Republicans... right now going after Republicans and ignoring DNC would be akin to trying to repaint a house while it's on fire. Put out the fire and then fix the paint job.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You've explained it nicely.

One problem at a time. Right now, it's the DNC, and it's adherents that are the problem. Then the GOP. As we've seen, many are nothing but opportunists. Right now, they see an opportunity to "anyone but Trump" Trump by backing Biden.

Just as we've seen heretofore stauch Dems backing Trump.

They're all flip sides of the same corrupt coin. But...right now, the lesser of the evils has to wait.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23
I can't believe I had to come up with a way to explain that

I can't believe you came up with that either. You're going to be awfully disappointed when those Officers are acquitted.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Yep!

And don't anyone think for a moment that I'm gonna forget to keep pushing through Republican ranks when we get the DNC under control. Both parties are full of rot.

I already showed those colors with Bob Bentley, the last Alabama Governor. He was a Republican and started out pretty good. Then those true colors came out and he started using highway funds against state legislature reps that disagreed with him. I danced for joy when they finally drove his sorry entitled hiney out of office.

Kay Ivey's next. Republican too, but she's gotta go. We don't need a damn Queen. Richard Shelby's not exactly on my good side either, talking about not seating Judge Roy Moore if he was elected. He don't choose who we elect.

Luckily we don't have to worry about Democrats FUBARing everything up here (except for the ex-Senator Doug Jones)... so the Republicans are fair game.

TheRedneck

join