It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump " it's a hoax " fake news

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: VariableConstant
You know you're living in a dystopia when people feel the need to argue words after 185,000 people have died in your country.

One Hundred Eighty Five Thousand dead.

People are worried about quotes.

oh spare me the emotional ranting drivel .

while ANY DEATH (except maybe criminals) is a tragedy lets deal in some reality here

647,000 died from heart disease (give or take) every year... dont see mandatory limits on fast food or bad food choices
160,201 died from chronic lower respiratory disease... mostly caused or effected by smoking (to include vaping)...dont see banning all smoking products

thats just two major causes of death.

lets also add that on average over 75,000 people die from the common influenza virus EVERY YEAR. a virus that kills more children than covid does... along with it kills that many AND WE HAVE A VACCINE (btw at best 30 to 40 percent effective WITH SOME YEARS NONE AT ALL) ...
but we have not taken any measures such as with covid ...

this also does not take into account that covid deaths are not always reported as factor vs sole cause...
even further there are plenty of articles showing alot of covid deaths are being recorded THAT IT IS NOT THE CAUSE.

taking ALL OF THIS into account seems your "rant/concern" isnt for those that died, but those that died from covid.

i have an idea

lets deal in FACTS, HONEST NUMBERS, AND WHAT REALLY CAN BE PREVENTED VS ENDURED instead of emotional overused rants that the actions taken by them may ....no HAVE caused more harm then good.

with some actions like putting SICK PEOPLE BY FORCE OF LAW into nursing homes in NYC but no one is held responsible for that.

scrounger

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Fallingdown

Trump calls Corona Virus the Democrats new "hoax" during a rally in North Charleston, South Carolina in February 2020.

as usual you post an EDITED (think no one would notice there were parts cut out?) post, choose one line out of it, and spin it to "trump calls corona virus a hoax".

too bad you didnt watch the video you posted and/or think we would not watch it.

because if you had you see you just torpedo (not a surprise) your own argument.

not only did he mention (remember this is FEBRUARY) how the democrats didnt want to close the boarder like he was doing / banning travel from some places. But how he was setting up actions for the virus.. like a task force that the DEMOCRATS were not doing.
he stated that (and it was true) at that time no deaths (first one REPORTED in Seattle on feb 28) in US AT THAT TIME.
but didnt dismiss it.
said (you can debate this point) we were prepared and setting up to deal with whatever comes of it.

what amazes me is you and others STILL TO THIS DAY repeat this DISPROVED statement.

but what is truly sad is you post a video that even edited doesnt support your claim he thought the VIRUS was a hoax

scrounger

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Good journalism

SnF

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: okrian

It wasn't an attempt to explain Trump.

It was an attempt to prove the main stream media lies a.k.a. fake news .

Apparently you agree because you're trying to move the goalpost and make this thread about Trump .

It was attempt to deprogram brainwashed dolts like you.

Who even after careful explanation still can't see that the main stream media purposefully lies to them .

And it obviously didn't work .

Which isn't much of a surprise since a good bunch of these statements said by Trump are purely conjecture and/or talking out both sides of his mouth to cover his bases...

Again that went over your head . I don't care if they were conjecture or not. They still proved the main stream media's claims were lies .

and you've also applied conjecture and cherrypicking of Trump statements to try to make him sound like he said something truthful and coherent.

NBC's claims we're mostly about things he said at the press conference I sourced nothing was cherry picked .

I gave you both sources prove it don't just run your pie hole . You should be able to find quotes from the press conference that confirm NBC's claims.

Honestly though, even in this attempt to make Trump sound like he even has a lick of knowledge regarding the Covid situation,

He was right .

your attempt at explaining away this quote is just embarrassing dude.

So you're trying to tell me that on February 27 there was more than one person diagnosed to be still sick with COVID-19.

Here's NBC's claim

Experts predict 'more cases.' Trump says U.S. cases are 'going very substantially down.

During a news conference at the White House last week, multiple health officials warned that the virus will continue to spread throughout the U.S.

Snip

At the same news conference, Trump said the number of cases "within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero. That's a pretty good job we've done."

He was right

You're so smart tell me in your own words exactly what they are claiming . ( bet you wont )

I'm gonna leave my reply right at this point.

I just stuck you in a box .

If you try to say he was talking about future Covid cases his other statements prove you're wrong.

If you try to claim the original 15 cases weren't close to zero you're proving me right .

He said there may or may not be more cases, there might be a large amount or there might be a small amount .

This was in February no one knew for sure how it might turn out .
edit on 30-8-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 06:09 AM
link   

And it obviously didn't work .

Well it works for me!
But you knew what you were up against. Most of the time years and years
of believing their own self righteous bull#. And their determination to go
out just the way they are.

Don't go think'n you're gonna get in the way of that. You'll wear
to thin to fast brother.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Trump calls Corona Virus the Democrats new "hoax" during a rally in North Charleston, South Carolina in February 2020.

Yep right about that to exactly right 100% period.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

We can't use you as a litmus test .

Your sane. 😁

We need to take it easy on some of them though.

They have a mental condition .

Posttraumatic embitterment disorder.

Could be worse at least it's not repressed .

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

as usual you post an EDITED (think no one would notice there were parts cut out?

Full speech , relevant section from 1.14.45.

edit on 30-8-2020 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The wider the MSM reporting gap becomes, the easier it is to manipulate the facts 😎

Especially when Democrats were ALL against the Trump travel ban(s) in January 😎

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

The "hoax" he's talking about is the Democrat Politicizing of the Coronavirus and he was right.

Nice try on the twisting as we now know many stats have been manipulated and amplified for biased political purposes.

😆

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   
This has been going on ever since Trump got elected. His supporters having to explain what he really meant.
The guy is a hot steaming pile of # when it comes to communicating with the rest of the world which is just one of many things that make him unfit as a POTUS.
No wonder the idiots tweets that much when his communication skills are non existing.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

That's because Democrats keep twisting and twirling 😆

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I wish people would stop calling them that.
They should be called what they are.
Soccer moms, who bang the help, and use abortion as contraceptive.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

first off you are a fool if you think I'm a liberal.
I've explained my political beliefs many times here. I don't fit into any of these political categorizes. my beliefs cross those lines and come from many different disciplines of thought.

2ed. I told you in that thread that my comment had nothing to do with anything that trump has said.
And that it was reference to what I hear people on ats saying.

I don't care what trump has to say about covid. He's not a doctor. His opinion about viruses means nothing to me.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

You didn't stick me in any box. All you did was prove my point. Trump said opposing statements... big surprise. He has a pretty solid history of contradicting himself. And then you try to apply some sort of reasoning to his contradictions (as Trump supporters have to do repeatedly). It just feels desperate man. It has from the beginning. The media didn't make Trump an emotional mess that most often riffs based on feelings, but then every once in a while looks at a teleprompter or some notes and says something that totally flies in the face of his previous statements.

And the petty name calling isn't helping your cause.

Stay classy dude... and stop trying to make excuses for this sad embarrassing scene of a presidency. The greatest presidency ever. You've never seen a presidency like this. It'll make your head spin it's so great.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I'll just add how many times did trump say covid 19 would just disappeat??? I know it was more than once

a reply to: okrian

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

The left can't think for their selves .

So I felt like talking to a brick wall . Lol

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

The virus isn't a hoax it's all the hoopla around it that's the hoax .

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

The OP was clearly about the medias bold face lies and miss direction .

Look at half the replies I got. Those dweebs must spent 24 hours a day thinking about how much they hate trump. It's the only thing on their minds .

I guess the reason they didn't take offense at the OP.

Is that they know the media is lying . They don't care they will use articles like that to advance their lies knowing damn good and well it is a lie .

They have no morals, character or even a passing acquaintance with the truth . It's like being in an argument with a room full of nine-year-olds .

Who are mad because everybody's picking on them .

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian

You didn't stick me in any box. All you did was prove my point. Trump said opposing statements... big surprise. He has a pretty solid history of contradicting himself. And then you try to apply some sort of reasoning to his contradictions (as Trump supporters have to do repeatedly). It just feels desperate man. It has from the beginning. The media didn't make Trump an emotional mess that most often riffs based on feelings, but then every once in a while looks at a teleprompter or some notes and says something that totally flies in the face of his previous statements.

And the petty name calling isn't helping your cause.

Stay classy dude... and stop trying to make excuses for this sad embarrassing scene of a presidency. The greatest presidency ever. You've never seen a presidency like this. It'll make your head spin it's so great.

Are you talking about your point that wasn't a point in the OP .

They got a name for that .

A straw man is a form of argument and an informal fallacy of having the impression of refuting an argument, meanwhile the proper idea of argument under discussion was not addressed or properly refuted. One who engages in this fallacy is said to be "attacking a straw man".

In any moment between writing the worthless dribble you wrote and crying Trump in your pillow .

Did you take a second to read the headline ?

"FAKE NEWS

I'm still shaking my head at how obtuse you are. You didn't put any effort in reading the OP or checking the sources . My " Cherry picked " quotes are the actual quotes that NBC was citing . 🤦‍♂️

They cherry pick and trumps statements .

I didn't read the crap you posted because it was off-topic .

But I'm sure you avoided giving a direct answer to NBC's quote on the 15 infected people .

But you've proven you can't address the topic which means .

I'm right . 😘

My apologies I'll try being nicer next time if you try being smarter .

P.S

Do you check under your bed for Trump before you go to sleep at night ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join