It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump " it's a hoax " fake news

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Our staunch liberal members with the same canned replies uttered one to me once too often.

the virus is a hoax....

So I decided to look into the context of that statement.

It didn't take long this is the first source I looked at.

I'm going to pick apart.

Keep in mind this is what the liberal party is running for president on. "

"trumps response to the pandemic"

Watch how easily anyone can dismember their narrative.

NBC March 5, 2020

Trump has spread misinformation about the coronavirus, contradicting health officials on significant facts and advice.

Spread misinformation?

Let's take a look at that.

NBC....

WASHINGTON — As cases of the coronavirus continue to spread around the world and the U.S., President Donald Trump is not backing away from *spreading personal beliefs about the virus that contradict veteran health officials and experts.

*Note aka Giving your opinion and that's not bad especially when you're right.

Here's their spiel.

NBC....

Experts say the death rate is 3.4 percent. Trump says that's 'false.'
The World Health Organization said this week that about 3.4 percent of coronavirus patients have died.

NBC.....

During an interview with Fox News host Sean Hannity on Wednesday night, Trump claimed that the WHO estimate was "false," citing a "hunch" he had.

Need I explain?

I think I'll pass. I'll just let Trump do it because he was right.......

Quote from press conference .....

"I think the 3.4 percent is really a false number — and this is just my hunch — but *based on a lot of conversations with a lot of people that do this, because a lot of people will have this and it's very mild, they'll get better very rapidly. They don't even see a doctor. They don't even call a doctor. You never hear about those people," Trump said.

The CFR was overblown .
And
To paraphrase "most people will only get the flu"

I won't sit up all night waiting for them to retract these statements.

Trump's are 100% accurate.

As a extra bonus fake news plus. I'd like to point out how they even twisted Fauci's words.

NBC....

Death rates can vary over time and are different for each country. Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told Congress on Wednesday that it's too early to know the real mortality rate, because it's not clear how many people have been infected.

That is where they left their statement hanging. Keep in mind this was the very beginning.

I doubt that more than one in 10 Americans knew that statement implied the CFR rate would go lower instead of seeming to adhere to the position.

I'd bet money Fauci even explain that to them.

edit on Sat Aug 29 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Aug 30 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Point 2

Experts predict 'more cases.' Trump says U.S. cases are 'going very substantially down.

During a news conference at the White House last week, multiple health officials warned that the virus will continue to spread throughout the U.S.

Snip

At the same news conference, Trump said the number of cases "within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero. That's a pretty good job we've done."

Trump was talking about the original 15 individuals infected with COVID-19 at that time. The media twisted his words to imply he was talking about future cases.

Every quote I use to rebut the media statements are from the press conference they are citing.

And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.

Here's were his thoughts on future spread of COVID-19 during that press conference.....

Q    Mr. President, the CDC said yesterday that they believe it’s inevitable that the virus will spread in the United States, and it’s not a question of “if” but “when.”  Do you agree with that assessment?

THE PRESIDENT:  Well, I don’t think it’s inevitable.  It probably will.  It possibly will.  It could be at a very small level or it could be at a larger level.  Whatever happens, we’re totally prepared.  We have the best people in the world.  You see that from the study.  We have the best prepared people, the best people in the world.

We — we’re ready to adapt and we’re ready to do whatever we have to as the disease spreads, if it spreads. 

But we’re very, very ready for this, for anything — whether it’s going to be a breakout of larger proportions or whether or not we’re — you know, we’re at that very low level, and we want to keep it that way.

Well excuse him for expressing optimism.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Point 3

Trump says a vaccine is coming soon. Experts say not so fast.

During a coronavirus roundtable Monday with his task force and heads of pharmaceutical companies, Trump appeared to suggest that a vaccine for the coronavirus could be just a few months away.

"I don't know what the time will be. I've heard very quick numbers, that of months. And I've heard pretty much a year would be an outside number. So I think that's not a bad range. But if you're talking about three to four months in a couple of cases, a year in other cases," Trump said.

Here's what Fauci said at the press conference.

I think it’s going to be a little bit less than that.  It’s probably going to be closer to two months.  That would then take about three months to determine if it’s safe and immunogenic, which gives us six months.  Then you graduate from a trial — which is phase one — of 45 people, to a trial that involves hundreds if not low thousands of people to determine efficacy.  At the earliest, an efficacy trial would take an additional six to eight months.
So although this is the fastest we have ever gone from a sequence of a virus to a trial, it still would not be any applicable to the epidemic unless we really wait about a year to a year and a half.

Fauci said a year to a year and a half. Trump took the low Number knowing damn good and well he would expedite the process bending rules and initiating project warp speed. I'll be goddamned if it doesn't sound like he's going to be right.

Point 4

Trump says coronavirus is 'like a flu.' Experts say it's 'multiple times' worse.

Trump has also repeatedly conflated the coronavirus with the seasonal flu, downplaying the severity of the new virus.

"conflated" well why the hell not? They're both viruses that kill by drowning their victims in their own lungs.

As for comparing the fatality rates together. None of that data is still accurate.

The 2017 2018 seasonal flu killed up to 90,000 people. But people forget that was with the vaccine that was 40% effective.

95% of people have mild or no symptoms at all.

To quote Trump again.

"most of them are just going to get the *flu"

*Meant figuratively not literally

They are the same. The media is just playing a game of semantics.

Trump says it's OK to go to work when sick. Experts say 'do not go to work.'

In the same Fox interview, Trump suggested that people infected with the virus could still go to work and make full recoveries.

Here's what he said.

"If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better," he said.

Where did he say it was OK?

Trump says warm weather could 'kill the virus.' Experts say that's 'premature.'

Damn they finally got one right! Grrrr

Yellow journalism

Whi te house press conference

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Every quote is from one of the two sources .

The start of each allegation from NBC is in bold separated point by point .

All rebuttals are from the Trump press conference the article cited .

With the exception of my own smart ass words .

Geeeez

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   
IF only all Americans would fact check like this mate , we would be right as rain.

But alas most Americans would just rather except someone else i.e. MSM opinion into there lazy brain , rather than actully use there brain.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   
So here we've got another thread where a Trump supporter has to explain what Trump meant. Which isn't much of a surprise since a good bunch of these statements said by Trump are purely conjecture and/or talking out both sides of his mouth to cover his bases... and you've also applied conjecture and cherrypicking of Trump statements to try to make him sound like he said something truthful and coherent. And sadly Trump knows you are going to do it, so he basically just says anything and everything. It's pretty obvious at this point that the Trump followers just hear what they want.

Honestly though, even in this attempt to make Trump sound like he even has a lick of knowledge regarding the Covid situation, you've still managed to make him sound like a mess. Even when cherrypicking. Even when trying to explain away the ongoing word barf that dude dumps on American people daily.

"And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done."

As an icing on the cake, your attempt at explaining away this quote is just embarrassing dude. Come on man. Trump meant what he said. He didn't want it to be real and so he just riffed with that big super-wizard brain of his. Good lord.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow
Its more than they want to be told what to think (but to be fair more than a few do)/

but more how over the years even decade what our education system has been doing

when they say "indoctrinate" that is exactly what they mean. They are teaching our children to "think" and "view" things in one way / particular view.. if you step out of line or question your mocked, shamed and/or punished.

when you do that you not only convince them only one view, concept and group should be trusted but make it inconceivable that it could be wrong. Along with no skills to actually search for the truth.

which is sad given the access to information we have available though the internet .

it is also hypocritical because those same groups, people and institutions scream they are training children/people to "think for themselves".

scrounger

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: okrian

sigh

he isnt "explaining" what trump is saying but showing a compare / contrast what he DID SAY vs WHAT HE IS CLAIMED TO SAY.

he also takes it further to show how factually and intellectually dishonest (or if want to REALLY BE ACCURATE , LIE) what is claimed he meant vs what he ACTUALLY SAID / MEAN.

something ANYONE who believes in honesty or just wants to see which "side" is right could do.
the fact we have the ease of access to tons of information thanks to the internet and that also thanks to it you can do this same comparison yourself makes your argument also dishonest/ factually inaccurate.

what the OP has done is shown in the most simplest terms what trump has said (also with context very important thing if one wants to be TRUTHFUL) vs what the claim is what he said AND CLAIM WHAT HE MEANT .

this has angered people like you who still repeat the SAME LIES (lets be honest they are LIES) over and over claiming they are the truth

you have in the simplest and clearest terms shown what your claiming is lies.

this not only destroys your credibility but the credibility of the claims made about trump.

what is worse and you/ your side clearly misses is by CONTINUING THESE LIES you destroy any credibility IF (key word IF) you had a legitimate issue/claim about trump.

the boy who cried wolf situation (and a story that taught children this).

in short trump isnt perfect.
he doesnt have all the answers or all his ideas are good.

but by your continuing to OUTRIGHT LIE , TWIST, CHERRY PICK AND NOT GIVE CONTEXT (or twisting such) on THE SAME issues / lies you show your desperation and the same mentality when a child is caught in a lie but cant accept that.
they throw a temper tantrum , name call, and double down on the lie.

I comment the OP for not only showing THE TRUTH , but bringing out people like you attempting to discredit that truth to continue to show why you cannot be taken seriously.

much less those politicians supporting it be voted for.

scrounger

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 01:23 AM
link   

You didn’t even read the OP did you?

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown
Thanks for consolidating so much exposure of Fake Covid-19 News. When people learn that America paid a heavy price in death and economic damage, courtesy of China-owned Democrats, just to hurt-Trump/help-Biden, all hell will break loose in this country.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 02:30 AM
link   

I'm guessing that Donald Trump is the personification of your daddy issues.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 02:51 AM
link   
The only thing I disagree with, expert or not, is the big push for a Vaccine when AIDS, West Nile Virus, MERS-Coronavirus, Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever Virus, the Thrombocytopenia Syndrome Virus and the Chikungunya Virus and a few others have all been around for a much longer time than COVID ?? Plus from what I have read the virus has mutated into different strains so tell me how a vaccine is supposed to work when the seasonal flu shot is only about 30% (?) effective ?

A couple of billion doses at whatever they are going to charge .... nice and big bucks... I can hear the speedy trials all the way over here.. Will not matter if the Vaccine is effective against all strains or causes long term immune problems as it will be all we have to get the world back open..

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 02:57 AM
link   
You know you're living in a dystopia when people feel the need to argue words after 185,000 people have died in your country.

One Hundred Eighty Five Thousand dead.

People are worried about quotes.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 03:51 AM
link   

You have written more about what he said, than what he said.

LOL.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
One of our staunch liberal members with the same canned replies uttered one to me once too often.

No worries.

the virus is a hoax and will just go away soon.

So I decided to look into the context of that statement.

It didn't take long this is the first source I looked at.

I'm going to pick apart.

Keep in mind this is what the liberal party is running for president on. "

"trumps response to the pandemic"

Watch how easily anyone can dismember their narrative.

NBC March 5, 2020

Trump has spread misinformation about the coronavirus, contradicting health officials on significant facts and advice.

Spread misinformation?

Let's take a look at that.

NBC....

WASHINGTON — As cases of the coronavirus continue to spread around the world and the U.S., President Donald Trump is not backing away from *spreading personal beliefs about the virus that contradict veteran health officials and experts.

*Note aka Giving your opinion and that's not bad especially when you're right.

Here's their spiel.

NBC....

Experts say the death rate is 3.4 percent. Trump says that's 'false.'
The World Health Organization said this week that about 3.4 percent of coronavirus patients have died.

NBC.....

During an interview with Fox News host Sean Hannity on Wednesday night, Trump claimed that the WHO estimate was "false," citing a "hunch" he had.

Need I explain?

I think I'll pass. I'll just let Trump do it because he was right.......

Quote from press conference .....

"I think the 3.4 percent is really a false number — and this is just my hunch — but *based on a lot of conversations with a lot of people that do this, because a lot of people will have this and it's very mild, they'll get better very rapidly. They don't even see a doctor. They don't even call a doctor. You never hear about those people," Trump said.

The CFR was overblown .
And
To paraphrase "most people will only get the flu"

I won't sit up all night waiting for them to retract these statements.

Trump's are 100% accurate.

As a extra bonus fake news plus. I'd like to point out how they even twisted Fauci's words.

NBC....

Death rates can vary over time and are different for each country. Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told Congress on Wednesday that it's too early to know the real mortality rate, because it's not clear how many people have been infected.

That is where they left their statement hanging. Keep in mind this was the very beginning.

I doubt that more than one in 10 Americans knew that statement implied the CFR rate would go lower instead of seeming to adhere to the position.

I'd bet money Fauci even explain that to them.

If you think Trump is telling you the truth and cares about you , you are a full blown MORON

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

A couple of billion doses at whatever they are going to charge .... nice and big bucks... I can hear the speedy trials all the way over here.. Will not matter if the Vaccine is effective against all strains or causes long term immune problems as it will be all we have to get the world back open..

Yeah, I'll pass.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Trump calls Corona Virus the Democrats new "hoax" during a rally in North Charleston, South Carolina in February 2020.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Well, he is a stupid jackass so this is to be expected. Next is his hoard of mindless minions telling you he speaks the truth - when he has never done so in his life.
edit on 30-8-2020 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 04:53 AM
link   

I have no use at all for your amazing diligence. Your mind is like a steel
trap for the important information. Meaning your memory (for who said what
and where to go to fact check it) has to be photographic.

No I I I I as me myself and I only and you know why I have no use for
fact checking.

(Two be read in your best STAR Trek computer, generated voice over as
seen on TV.)

Because I am a 100% fanatical Trump supporter who's completely
MFed in love with Donald Trump and think he can do no wrong because
he is the chosen one of who is really in control and favors Donald Trump
and has been referred to as "The thing" by his opposing poser Joe me YP Biden
also as he supports the traditionally Christian view also as he's an old school
scrapper from The Bronx or from Queens I don't know but at least he knows
birth certificates are more important than tax returns because he was born
in America and so I don't need to fact check anything because I have no
need for thinking because of my blind faith in everything Donald Trump that
has been repeated to me constantly for near ni five solid years earth time
so many times I decided at some point before time to roll with that opposing
argumentative notion just to see what happens and so far taking their ridiculous
notion and flipping it like a fried egg and making it my toy has saved me tons
of time that I can spend reading confirmation bias articles such as the
one you have shared here in this venue so as they say it works for me
but I digress because it's fun sorry

edit on 30-8-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

<<   2  3 >>

join