It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Else is Grieving?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I spend most of my time in nature.

When I feel pain I just surrender to it and let it flow. Blocking it is bad. It's part of this life and needs to be expressed and released.

That's the only way forward.
Accept and let go.

Yep!!

I studied and practiced Zen and Buddhism et al from the time my kids were babies. I did share it with them, and as much as I know fully experiencing every feeling and accepting it - then letting it wash past you - is so important.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'll keep keepin' on.... but it hurts like hell.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
OH GOD here it comes again!!! it's just so heavy, so overwhelming, so awful......!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyway, thanks, guys and gals. Thanks for listening/reading. Thanks for taking a moment to care. It helps restore my faith in humanity.

Love you all.
I'm out for the evening. Stay safe, love as much as you can, and keep going. See you all tomorrow

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   
for you and anyone else having a really hard time www.youtube.com... reply to: VeeTNA

people were tested in a lab to various music...their brainwaves were monitored...when they listened to "weightless" by marconi union their stress lowered by almost 70% ! I posted the link from youtube hope it helps we are all going through tough times

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Grieving? Yes.

I lost my wife last year. We were only together for about a decade. We sure packed a lot of love into those years, though. It's been a year and a half, but I still feel the pain of grief every day. It's natural, and I've come not to hate it when it comes to me.

Insomuch as we are individual egos, grief is the proper reaction to separation from the immediacy of love. There's two cures: forgetfulness, which I don't want, or realization that the grief of absent love is an illusion of distance from the true object of that love, the divine spark we see within each other. That can never be lost, and is only ever as distant as we allow our egos to make it seem.

Love is eternal, and inalienable. It's okay not to grieve. Namaste.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I feel this too. A deep sadness. I've always accepted that change is just part of life but something feels different now, like I can no longer surface and take a breath.

My adult kid's father also passed this year. He was homeless and died of a drug overdose. He lived only a few hours away and never visited them in 16 years due to being transient with drug/alcohol issues but it left me with mixed feelings... none of use really knew him I guess yet I feel for the kids.

I had found out a couple years ago that I have learning disabilities and, armed with that knowledge and a newfound ability to ask for help, I applied to go back to college, which of course, it is now cancelled and I feel left high and dry. My one chance to retrain, get a decent job doing something I'm capable of and hopefully not have to work until I'm 100 just disappeared in front of me. So I went from this life changing and affirming discovery of the last couple years to the dismal failure that is 2020. All the projects I was working on now feel shallow compared to the deep tragedy ongoing around the world and I've lost interest in the things that kept me going.

I now treasure the last concerts I went to around my birthday. Went to see DOA and got super bruised in the mosh, always fun but it may never happen, ever again with social distancing etc. And my friends band Tremblers of Sevens which is so unique and well crafted that I'm saddened that I may never hear them again and yes, bands survive but not our innocence which makes it all so magical. I'm kinda done on this planet and just waiting it out trying to find beauty in small things like flowers and the garden. So sick of the system. Guess we all just need to hang in there and see how it plays out. You are not alone in those feelings. Hugs to you for sharing.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: VeeTNA

My mother died just over two and a third years ago now, it never stop's hurting.

Grief shared is sometimes helpful and I share it with my sister and niece and we miss her dearly, I would have and still would trade places in an instant though my Mother would never have wanted that.

I don't believe that Death is the end of us, I believe in an after or TRUE life and that if God be willing then someday I will see my mother again, I know that she is still with us as well, smelling her scent, the cat acting like he was trying to rub his head against like he always did while staring up and making the motions with the side of his head against thin air but we could not see her and he could, light's flickering in the house and at the mortuary when we went to see her one last time.

We were blessed to have her our mother whom suffered terrible always painful physical disability caused by the malicious harm of others when she was a child and also suffered injustice as she was robbed of a title and inheritance which she fought for not for herself but for her children all her life though in the end the worst kind of injustice took over that of betrayal when two of my other sisters whom had always been closer to there father (a very evil man whom was a wife beater and child abuser - and worse and my mother did her best to protect us from him finally getting away from him when the chance came) chose to betray there mother (Along with my brother whom had chosen the drugs and party life style so was only interested in money), sabotaged her attempts to gain justice etc breaking my mothers heart in the process, they are dead to me now (and I grieve them as well though they are physically alive they are not alive in there soul's and Jeanette and Lynne even celebrated when our mother died, it was very hard not to go and commit a crime under the circumstances but had I then what would my mother have said) and while my mother is not physical on this mortal plane I do believe she is more alive than ever, there will be nothing down for them when it is there time but I shall pray for them since they were once my mother's baby's.

Nothing take away the pain of losing the pillar of your life, the strength of your family and the best person you ever knew and your closest friend, the one to whom you could tell anything at all and whom knew your worries and pain and shared them.

This grief does not end, you don't get used to it as other's say but you learn to live with it and find the purpose whatever it may be that God still has for you in this world and you can still find happiness but there will always be that grief even then.

One day I truly believe God willing we will be with our loved one's again.

And remember this every day remember God gave you someone wonderful, someone more valuable to you than all the treasures in earth and heaven, someone whom loved and cared and probably still does about you and they are still with you in both a very real sense and in your heart, live for them and for there memory within you.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Yes. As I was nursing a self-induced wounded heart, unexpectedly my best friend died. The grief had been overwhelming at times and unlike anything I’ve ever known. I miss him. F*ck this year.

I wish you the best and am sending warm thoughts your way.
edit on 29-8-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: americanbuffalo1

I am at a loss for words after reading your post.
I know something like that isn't easy but I tip my hat to you for being stronger than I ever hope I could be.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Trust that nearly no one has any clue what level my grief is...

It may sound like a small thing but it's bigger than death. It's like dying a million times in slow agonizing ways...

The fact I can laugh today and not care much is a miracle in itself.

I am who I am because of pain and sorrows.

I never let it turn me bad tho I get close often. But I won't let darkness break me.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: VeeTNA
OH GOD here it comes again!!! it's just so heavy, so overwhelming, so awful......!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyway, thanks, guys and gals. Thanks for listening/reading. Thanks for taking a moment to care. It helps restore my faith in humanity.

Love you all.
I'm out for the evening. Stay safe, love as much as you can, and keep going. See you all tomorrow

What is the root cause that triggers its onset?

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 04:18 AM
link   
In the last two months, I've lost two friends to suicide, my Nan, and my Foster Mum.

Yeah, it's fair to say that I'm grieving with you guys too,

As always, much loves and respect

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity
In the last two months, I've lost two friends to suicide, my Nan, and my Foster Mum.

Yeah, it's fair to say that I'm grieving with you guys too,

As always, much loves and respect

Yup, that's how I lost my older brother. We'll never figure out the why.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I call it the season of sorrows. A year is split evenly between four
seasons. And so it seems with our time on this lonely planet in the
middle of nowhere. We SPRING to life in the womb. Our summers
were meant for love but not everyone finds it. Then people around us
begin to fall increasingly as we enter our very own cold winter. But
as long as there's a new year for babies to be born. Then I guess God
hasn't given up on us.

Grief is horrible just be glad you don't know regret.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Ian McLean

Wonderful sentiments! I am sorry to hear of the passing of your wife. I so understand the grief and I also understand how as long as I keep her in my mind fresh everyday she is never really gone. All the time we spent together is etched into my soul for me to reach into whenever I need her to be close as she will never completely leave me as long as I keep all the memories alive.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Thank you for your words I appreciate them. We are lucky in a sense to be able to have something in our life which is invaluable that we miss and hang so much emotion on. Some people never get to experience that kind of love and I feel I have and I am forever grateful!

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: americanbuffalo1

All the time we spent together is etched into my soul for me to reach into whenever I need her to be close as she will never completely leave me as long as I keep all the memories alive.

Yes - and that time together is private and important -
I just received an unexpected call from him, and he says he's doing better... he had said he would call me, but I never expected it to actually happen.

Grieving for 4 days - and then - he called me!!!!
I got to tell him thanks and how much I care ------- he actually called me!!!

It's so complicated - but anyway -

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

I'm kinda done on this planet and just waiting it out trying to find beauty in small things like flowers and the garden. So sick of the system. Guess we all just need to hang in there and see how it plays out. You are not alone in those feelings. Hugs to you for sharing.

Thanks for your thoughtful reply. I think we are all suffering a lot right now, and the death of a loved one who meant so much to the future you have tried to build is just devastating

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Ian McLean

Love is eternal, and inalienable. ... Namaste.

Yes. And when you truly understand that, it makes a huge difference.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

My mother died just over two and a third years ago now, it never stop's hurting.

So sorry to hear that Labtech You're so right with the never stopping hurting. My nans / granddads still grieving for, then my dad went in may he taken by Coronas on the death cert but the dementia mixed with diabetes he was on the way anyway sadly and being in a care home during the pandemic, well it was always on the cards.

Been grieving every day, certainly getting on with life, not so teary anymore just down some days, especially if it's night in the dark and thinking about it. I get by at that moment by reading ATS or camera forums etc, just take the mind off it, then during the day fill the time up, just get the head down and work or at home organise get stuck into something.

I find the occasional song on the radio can set me off crying, Rod Stewart he loved that singer, I have to switch it off as it will set me off, also that Living Years or something song, straight off as it sets me off again.

Praying to Mr J to tell my dad everything is ok, we are all fine and to look after him as he's a damn good bloke, and in some ways it's comforting to believe dad's in a better place as he really fell apart with dementia and his body was failing with diabetes.................. A terrible state at the end, something he always said he'd rather be at rest than go through. It helps massively having had the UFO / Orb / Paranormal events experienced which point to there being much more to our life experience than just 70 yrs then an end to your life, I see it as an actual new life for our souls when we shed this Human skin and ascend to the Heavens, somewhere your mum and my dad will be right now

posted on Sep, 4 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   
and now he is gone

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join