It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC News: Intimidation Tactics Could Backfire On Protesters, Sway Voters In November

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
You think? Really?

Well, I see the American people (even the oblivious ones) are waking up finally and seeing that these protests are not about Justice but political agendas. Primarily, they remind the public that decent will be met with bullying and intimidation.

Their crap is backfiring and a large percentage of Americans are now concerned about this lawlessness.

wjla.com...

It crosses into potentially legally actionable behavior is when protesters enter private property and when they invade an individual's personal space, explained Joseph Hoelscher, a legal scholar and director of the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association. "Property damage, violence, or threats of violence all cross the line, even in public," he added.

According to a recent Harvard CAPS/Harris Poll, 77% of Americans said they were concerned that crime is rising in the nation's cities. "It's the highest fear of crime figure I've seen,"

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I just made a comment about how the mobs of people making cities unsafe are going to cause me to vote for Trump. It looks like I may not be the only one.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Look at it this way:

The country is a house. Here is the Preamble to the COTUS:

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

The COTUS defines the walls of the house if you will, and one of the foundations of that house is domestic tranquility. If we see our elected officials, who are sworn into office promising to uphold the house and its foundations, betraying us by allowing the foundations to be burned and undermined for their own political gain, then the house is not strong.

Right now, the election is about the house itself, not any of the other issues inside it.

Trying to make the election about internal issues of the house would like the teenager arguing he or she should be allowed to pierce their belly button while the house is burning down around their ears. Most sane people would be far more concerned about the house fire, and many, rightly, are.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This miracle assessment could be another Democrat red herring to keep people "on target" and not influenced by truthful "right wing" propaganda.

Everything Democrats are using this election is ass backwards and desperate for the lost revenues Democrats need back from illegal money laundering funnels into their hidden accounts 😎🚬

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
How is a Bunch of rioters going to sway a election ?
People ALSO know its a few hundred or thousand who are causing all the problems .

BUT i could say THIS if a election can be swayed by rising crime and LETS SAY the President has the power to call out the national Guard . NOT the FEDS THE national Guard . Lets pretend for a MINT the President does have this power .

Now saying a Democratic mayor who ONLY has control over A LOCAL police department its all there falt IS SAYING TRUMP is Useless after all What power does He have or BIDEN if a LOWLY mayor can Buffalo him .

You do realize the president gets the good and the bad the BUCK stops with HIM . So just what HAS trump done besides CAVE or make threats to use Military which NO ONE wants not even the Military . The national Guard is designed for EXACTLY these kind of problems and yet Trump does nothing .

Yep it does sway voters swayed the heck out of me .
ONE city one mayor does NOT a country make But if we are Using the its all there falt then EVERY Governor EVERY mayor has a hand in this mess as NONE lifted a FINGER to stop the looters IN ANY STATE AND ANY CITY republican or Democrat controlled .

AND every LAST one helped THE extreme responses to the virus . Though fact is No one really knows what to do .
Shut it all down and tanked the economy or iggy it and risk 4 million deaths .

AZ is republican Controlled guess what The governor tanked the economy and iggyed the looting . YEO WE had RIOTERS and the Republican Governor did NOTHING . So being this is true we should all be out after trump's after all our governor went right along with the hands off looters policy .

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
You know I dont care about Republicans or Democrats I care about RESULTS you right wingers call out the Democratic issues while TOTALLY iggying Republican Issues Your hypocrites .
You say Biden is hiding in his basement WHICH IS EXACTLY what Trump did and took it one step farther by putting up a ten foot fence around the white house .

The Right says Biden is a perv while Trump HIM self stated on national TV he is . Heck he would do his daughter so he said .

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Trump has to declare an Insurrection in order to override state and local control. Is this an insurrection or are these mostly peaceful protesters?

I know what I think, but it's what most of the people in the country think that really matters. It's also what most of the people in the country can be made to think that matters the most.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

How is a Bunch of rioters going to sway a election ?

when democrats seem to be letting "peacful protestors" loot and burn buisneses, refuse to prosecute said looters, even the slowest of folks will eventually go Hey... maybe I shouldnt trust them or that will reach my town.

Biden is late to the party condeming the looting and arson, trump has been able to paint himself as a law and order guy solidly on the side of the police.

Its an image problem the left already lost.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

There is something else no one addresses:

One of the things that lost Hillary the last election was that she ignored campaigning in key states. She took their votes for granted, and in the end, she lost them.

I can't figure out how Joe Biden is going to key on that strategy, and not campaign at all in any states and win.

Because let's be honest, it's not like Trump has changed. He's not any more or less likable than he was last time.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I have seen nothing to lead me to believe they can manage to avoid making that same mistake again.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Sure he has well you go Vote for Him . Trump could care less about LAWS as he has PROVEN time again .
As for ORDER the guys anti order as it gets he instigated as MUCH of the protesting as any person looting may have .

You people are NUTS The man says the looting starts the Shooting starts of coarse right wingers think any one cought stealing should be shoot and killed anyway . Take about extreme even The Muslims only cut off a hand for theft .

Heck right wingers are LIABLE to kill a mail man who is delivering a package as kill crazed as they are if he shows up unexpectedly .
a few LOOTER 10000s Of Guys slobbering to use there Guns for mass killing sums up right winges

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Whatever you're on, lay off it and then try posting. Your coherence might improve.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Who would vote for a candidate who's party is so overrun by
psychopath's. That it couldn't figure this out collectively and
remain in closet of deceit. At least until after the election?

Oh that's right maybe they have all the confidence they need?

Maybe they don't even need their dwindling numbers because they silicon chip
valley down by the gay bay IDK anything these day?

edit on 29-8-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
How about a little more crazy?

This was a lady who was featured on NPR. her name is Vicky Osterweil, and she wrote a book called In Defense of Looting. The link has some excerpts from the interview.

Can you talk about rioting as a tactic? What are the reasons people deploy it as a strategy?

It does a number of important things. It gets people what they need for free immediately, which means that they are capable of living and reproducing their lives without having to rely on jobs or a wage—which, during COVID times, is widely unreliable or, particularly in these communities is often not available, or it comes at great risk. That’s looting’s most basic tactical power as a political mode of action.

It also attacks the very way in which food and things are distributed. It attacks the idea of property, and it attacks the idea that in order for someone to have a roof over their head or have a meal ticket, they have to work for a boss, in order to buy things that people just like them somewhere else in the world had to make under the same conditions. It points to the way in which that’s unjust. And the reason that the world is organized that way, obviously, is for the profit of the people who own the stores and the factories. So you get to the heart of that property relation, and demonstrate that without police and without state oppression, we can have things for free. . .

Looting strikes at the heart of property, of whiteness and of the police. It gets to the very root of the way those three things are interconnected. And also it provides people with an imaginative sense of freedom and pleasure and helps them imagine a world that could be. And I think that’s a part of it that doesn’t really get talked about—that riots and looting are experienced as sort of joyous and liberatory.

So looting is all about abolishing the idea of property for her, and it goes further though. If they loot and abolish property, then go further ... why if they do that, then without police and without state oppression of police to enforce property ... why everything is FREE! How liberating is that?

But then she goes further. See, the reason we have property and that state is because of that evil whiteness. Now just imagine a world without those things - property, the state and whiteness. So you see, looting is joyous and liberating and just a preview of things to come.

Abolishing property means communism, and you can't have communism without abolishing the US as we know it, but that's getting rid of the state doesn't it which is her goal. But getting rid of whiteness? That one is problematic. But I guess they'll have to have an actual revolution at some point. They can get rid of the icky whites ... I mean whiteness then, amirite?

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   

What an absolute shame to blame Trump for the devastating and destructive protest which have engulfed the nation. Not once have I heard Trump call for his supporters to find a downtown close to you and burn private and public property. All the videos I have watched show those from both sides carrying firearms with each side willing to use them, at least one side willing to fire at their own supporters when they disagree with each other.

I cannot say the same of the Democratic Party not its leaders which have all failed to condemn the violent protestors, even actively donating and asking their constituents for donations to provide bail monies after those protestors are legally arrested for their behavior.

For the first time there is a strong, capable woman of color on the Democratic ticket who is vying for the second highest office available and she too has failed to condemn the violence and even called on the “resistance” to continue. A man who has been part of the systemic racism being challenged by these protesters since 1973 is now claiming to be the one who can fix it, he too has been reluctant to call for an end to the violence and destruction.

You blame Trump as the resulting factor in these violent and destructive demonstrations yet Trump is not the one joining in marching to federal buildings to cement the doors closed while using accelerates to burn occupied buildings down. City councils, mayors and even governors have failed to condemn the violent protest even providing material support to further the destructive nature of many of the protest.

I have witnessed Trump in many occasions now not only condemn the violence and destruction, I have witnessed Trump not only offer help in the form of federal police but to actually reinforce those federal officers already on the front line. He was rebuked, chastised, even threatened with lawsuits for doing so by those same mayors, council’s and governors who have consistently over the last decade and more contribute more than Trump to the cause and effect behind the anger displayed by protestors.

These elected officials have consistently done NOTHING to change the conditions being blamed but have encouraged, participated in the same protest they now wish to blame Trump for. One thing about Trump is he listens and owes nothing to the group of spineless vultures in Congress and has actually worked in getting reform legislation passed and made law, has moved to right justice wrongs of the past with clemency’s and pardons for those deserving.

Trump is the ONLY presidential candidate to EVER openly support LGBTQ marriage and other supportive legislation during his campaign, consistently condemned racism and extremism on both sides. It’s a crying shame you cannot see the same man I do, by far not perfect but some one not afraid to do the right thing despite it leading to votes lost.

Since 1973, the best candidate the Democrats can produce, a man in a position way more powerful than the figure head position of President has had multiple opportunities to enact real legislation to lead to real change but instead opts for opportunities for 30 second sound bites while making sure to provide preferential treatment for his drug addicted son or to those companies who gave the bum a job.

Trump has many issues, trusting the wrong people, being new to the political gamenship, and often his own bluntness and saying exactly what many feel not just the same tripe to get by and garner votes. Many call Trump a liar and prone to boasting, exaggeration and political rhetoric like every politician before him he is guilty.

Least you forget the man you champion to replace him with has an extremely long history of the same magic tricks, plagiarism, exaggerated educational experience and was part of an administration that “had no scandals” yet was found to have used the IRS to penalize those belonging to the opposition party, caged immigrant children who crossed our borders illegally, more information everyday on how that administration used our DOJ to destroy individuals whom supported Trump and repeatedly spied on the opposition party including congressman and even jailed members of the press in order to punish the sources for not so flattering stories.

It’s individuals like you who deserve to live in # hole countries, like our country is becoming because you want to be miserable and you want everyone else to be miserable with you. Vote your conscious as I will only applaud your opting to vote, unlike you and your cohorts who would rather punish me and others for also voting our consciousness. Live with your vote, live with the results of your vote and by all means be as miserable as you wish to be...but don’t expect any different results from a guy who has been part of the system for 40 years...good luck as you will need it

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The DNC's tactics have been backfiring on them all along. I've never considered myself a bit Trump cheerleader, but every stupid thing they have done over the last 4 years has just solidified my sense of loyalty to him. My reasoning is that if they hate him this much, there must be something positive about his candidacy.

What's the old saying? The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

The DNC has definitely showed itself to be my enemy. The only candidate that I have ever actively campaigned for was Ron Paul. If I were living in the US, I'd bet involved in the Trump2020 campaign; not so much because I believe in Donald Trump, but because the Dems have made me hate them.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
They are connecting the political agenda of the RIOTS to the political agenda of the HOAXES surrounding Covid-19.

Even Democrats swamped C-SPAN last week declaring their support for President Trump.

They are WAKING UP.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

I just made a comment about how the mobs of people making cities unsafe are going to cause me to vote for Trump. It looks like I may not be the only one.

You certainly are not the only one. Look at how C-Span had to "adjust" their graphics during the RNC Convention this week, due to so many Democrats defecting to President Trump.

Here: thefederalist.com...
edit on 8/29/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Meh, Trump is Trump. I've never been loyal to him, but I have been thoroughly convinced that the Democrats would be a pure sh1tshow with a heaping helping of genocidal crazy thrown on top. I am in no way attracted to vote for that. I'm not into self-abuse.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
Sure he has well you go Vote for Him . Trump could care less about LAWS as he has PROVEN time again .
As for ORDER the guys anti order as it gets he instigated as MUCH of the protesting as any person looting may have .

You people are NUTS The man says the looting starts the Shooting starts of coarse right wingers think any one cought stealing should be shoot and killed anyway . Take about extreme even The Muslims only cut off a hand for theft .

Heck right wingers are LIABLE to kill a mail man who is delivering a package as kill crazed as they are if he shows up unexpectedly .
a few LOOTER 10000s Of Guys slobbering to use there Guns for mass killing sums up right winges

You seem to have come unhinged.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join