It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They’re comin’ for Tear Gas Teddy Wheeler!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

Great post.
Crazy smart maybe lol.

Real estate moguls are well known for fomenting crap like this paying thugs to destroy property value so developers can take it all for pennies.

This is very normal behavior in the last several centuries all over the world.

Totally plausible theory.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

You're absolutely correct, infact state coffers see none of that money, rather, going to the communities abroad.

Since 2003 and '08, property taxes have dropped, here in Bexar County, you're looking at 1.99% annually for a $250k home.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

with interest rates in the 2's, you might be on to why this is happening at such a rapid pace. Free money won't last long.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I was likely to vote 3rd party. Just like I did in past elections, and I was just fine with that. However, the way that the mobs of people are terrorizing cities makes me very likely to vote for Trump just to spite them.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: Xtrozero

You're absolutely correct, infact state coffers see none of that money, rather, going to the communities abroad.

Since 2003 and '08, property taxes have dropped, here in Bexar County, you're looking at 1.99% annually for a $250k home.

My house is 800k and not much different than a 250k house in taxes, so 800k at 1% or 250k at 2%...lol

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

I've been wondering whats going to happen with real estate market in these big cities. Not only do you have people trying escape the chaos, but you also have large companies changing their tune in the need for real estate if they employ people that can work remotely.

A lot of these companies haven't really needed the real estate for some time now. I believe it will no longer economical for them to maintain these large buildings just to have a face in the community. Especially as sense of community is itself becoming virtual.

Sorry, kind of topic but everything is coexistent thus making every tangent relevant to another....

Communities unfortunately are becoming more virtual, people no longer sift through the bs to find common ground amongst their neighbors. They instead have the ability to reach across the globe to interact with people who more aline with their interest. We have placed such a large value on "free time" we dont dare waste anytime of something that could hamper the enjoyment.This is want our controllers want, it opens up avenues for them to interject themselves and falsify organic movements of positive change.

edit on 8/29/2020 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
a reply to: muzzleflash

I agree %100 muzzleflash! You sound like your in better spirits today. I know you’ve had a few shaky days recently. Hope you’re good. 👍

I am.

Yesterday walking a few miles in the rain I was just so happy and feeling awesome...

It was God lifting me out of all of it.

I may be the most blessed person this side of Job, so I honestly don't have a right to be depressed or angry or hateful about anything. When I am negative its a travesty and reminds me how immature I still can be.

It's my duty to share the Good that was given to me so graciously. The more you give the more get thats how it works.

Amen, brother. ❤️

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Do you know the percent that property values have dropped in the last year?

I’m sure they will get much worse the more this continues. I can’t imagine anyone entertaining the idea of setting up a business in downtown Portland or moving a family to anywhere in Portland.

My house near Portland on Zillow says I lost 6% in the last 30 days....

We need to understand that whatever we do with these groups will never be enough, and Wheeler is just now understanding that.

Damn, in thirty days?..... that’s not good at all. Sorry to hear that.🙁

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Do you know the percent that property values have dropped in the last year?

I’m sure they will get much worse the more this continues. I can’t imagine anyone entertaining the idea of setting up a business in downtown Portland or moving a family to anywhere in Portland.

My house near Portland on Zillow says I lost 6% in the last 30 days....

We need to understand that whatever we do with these groups will never be enough, and Wheeler is just now understanding that.

The pain is just beginning. Prepare to shed 10% at least in the Portland market.

The people that want to move there can’t afford your house. Anyone with half a brain will be getting as far away as possible from that S hole. And most people with half a brain have money. So you have not buyers - see where I’m going with that?

I don’t say this to be aimed at you at all - so please don’t take it that way. Your mayor jacked you over. Your city council doesn’t care about property owners. Your politicians failed you - and you get to pay the price.

That’s something most libs don’t understand - you, the private citizen, will be left holding the bag when their “we take care of everyone and care about everyone” policies fail. Why? Because they sold you a bunch of BS feel good nonsense. And you bought it. To the extent you’re at fault - that’s it - you voted for them and live there. Should have gone somewhere that doesn’t have these politicians and thus doesn’t have the afore mentioned problems.

So to that end, I wish you a speedy sale and greener pastures in the future - just don’t vote the same way going forward so you don’t bring these issues into a place that currently doesn’t have them - because they don’t have Libtard urban PDX voters wrecking havoc on the citizenry.

/rant.
edit on 30-8-2020 by EnigmaChaser because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Adding on to my above post - I lived in Eugene, OR for quite some time. It’s actually a beautiful place. It’s a giant park, traffic rarely sucks compared to a “big city”, you can get to the mountains or the coast in an hour either way. The college town vibe is super laid back and it’s definitely a relaxed vibe in the Southern Willamette Valley.

BUT! It’s a liberal utopia just as much as it is an economic wasteland. It’s Portland on a smaller scale. They, literally, do whatever they can to stifle economic growth and prosperity. You basically have a couple handfuls of families that control a vast sum of the wealth and most other people are just existing there. Portland isn’t a lot different.

Why is that?

It’s because those who have real wealth have had it for generations. And the wealth has grown. And the anti-growth policies of cities like PDX or Eugene only continue to consolidate wealth to the established families. Libtards don’t get that - at all. So they say “buy local” - which only further shrinks the pie because everyone eventually does business with those wealthy families - and thus further consolidates the wealth because no one is bringing in new/outside money. Libtards literally cannot grasp this - but it plays a huge factor in why libtard utopias are dingy wastelands.

So, it’s yurts and bicycles for the masses in those places. Sounds fun for a camping trip but with a family whom you want a nice future for that doesn’t really fly.

So those of us with half a brain leave and go build a life elsewhere. Folks like me would be happy to come back, ply our trades, and pay our taxes while growing the local economy and ultimately better many lives.

But libtard dip$hits who can’t understand my points above keep voting for the same thing - and with each election cycle your prospects of a brighter future get worse via the libtard candidates you vote for - which you vote for willingly because you’re being promised free stuff or it makes you “feel good”.

In a way, you ultimately only have you and your libtard cohorts to blame for your problems - y’all voted for them.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
I was likely to vote 3rd party. Just like I did in past elections, and I was just fine with that. However, the way that the mobs of people are terrorizing cities makes me very likely to vote for Trump just to spite them.

You and me a like there -- his odds of getting my vote keep going up, little by little, to spite this asshats. If nothing else, they're doing a fine job of uniting all of us against this bull#, however.

That's some poetic justice right there.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Wheeler is currently begging I mean meeting with business leaders on a weekly basis to make sure they don't leave Portland.

It's not working. I've spoken to a few who are moving out.

And I would bet they will vote him back into office....lol

Bank on it.

Liberals quite literally have been living the definition of insanity for the last, well, forever.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I hope they leave #nutlesswonder Wheeler alone...He's helping get Trump reelected.

100% of ALL leftist politicians, governors, mayors, senators, congressmen, leaders, media hacks and every single one of their supporters......

Are helping get Trump re-elected

It really does seem to be the only thing they’re any good at

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: tamusan

You and me a like there -- his odds of getting my vote keep going up, little by little, to spite this asshats. If nothing else, they're doing a fine job of uniting all of us against this bull#, however.

That's some poetic justice right there.

Trump is a jackass but he gets my vote. Results and not having our cities in the current state they’re in matters a lot more to me than whether I like his style or not - he gets stuff done. People - at scale btw - prospered under his presidency.

I like and respect that.

I want all of my fellow Americans to be as happy, safe and prosperous as possible. I mean that. Go do well, go get paid, go get laid, go do whatever you are capable of doing - my fellow Americans are capable of so many things.

The libs will keep you down and tell you that’s not true. They’re wrong. We’re all better than they think we are.

Vote Trump 2020. It’s the best option we have - even though some might view it as the lesser of two evils.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Posting this in multiple threads - people need to see this:

www.oregonlive.com...

The dumpster fire continues with a likely homicide. This has to stop.

The man lay in the street as medics tended to the gunshot wounds. The body remained there after medics left. Next to the body was camouflage gear with infidel and thin blue line patches, which commonly indicate support for law enforcement. Police taped off the area.

A photo from the scene published by Getty Images showed the man wearing a hat with a Patriot Prayer logo. The far-right group has been at the center of multiple Portland demonstrations that often culminate in violent clashes.

Where’s the media outcry for this one? Oh wait, it wasn’t a BLM protester (or at least we don’t think so).

edit on 30-8-2020 by EnigmaChaser because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

The Schadenfreude overwhelms me.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser

But libtard dip$hits who can’t understand my points above keep voting for the same thing - and with each election cycle your prospects of a brighter future get worse via the libtard candidates you vote for - which you vote for willingly because you’re being promised free stuff or it makes you “feel good”.

In a way, you ultimately only have you and your libtard cohorts to blame for your problems - y’all voted for them.

As much as they complain they don't want it to change it... They don't even want to try something new for once. Look at these other cities much worst than Portland. I had a friend who wanted to move manufacturing to Chicago in the inner city part and the building he was looking at the city told him he needed to invest first to get up to their "codes" before he could buy it. It ended up being over 10 million just to meet these "codes" that was full of corruption, he couldn't do it, so he went elsewhere and took 1500 jobs with him.

Portland is going down that path as companies leave. I actually work about 50 miles from Portland and 10 years ago I moved across the river to WA, so for the last 12 years I have watch Portland go from a nice city to a really crappy city. Its a shame as I really like Portland with the good food and good beer. About 6 or 7 years ago was an explosion in the area of micro breweries and many restaurants etc. Things were good, but you could see this constant rust building as all of that slowly disappeared.

I just ask them to try something new, and stop with the ultra liberal, its not like it would make things worst.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
And now the calls for Teddy to step down begin!

A group of leaders representing various progressive organizations from across the Portland area have called for the resignations of Mayor Ted Wheeler and Police Chief Chuck Lovell in the wake of Saturday’s fatal shooting.

“These conditions have been created because there’s been a lack of leadership, a lack of vision,” Singh said. “We can no longer move forward with the current leadership that’s in place in Portland.”

Link:

www.oregonlive.com...

You know what’s awesome? Oregon Live is spinning this to say that progressive leaders are calling for change. AND, they’re saying “right-wing extremists clashing with ‘counter protestors’”.

In reality, The Proud Boys are the counter-protest. In reality, they didn’t kill anyone. And, in reality, they have the same legal protections for the voice to be heard via offering a different opinion.

Libs, you’re trying too hard to spin things and it’s becoming too transparent. It’s game over for you.

But, regardless of who does it, getting Teargas Teddy out of office would be a great start towards fixing the cities problems - that is until the libtards elect someone just as “progressive” and the same problems continue.

Could this actually just be a problem with modern liberalism and the progressive agenda? Naw... couldn’t be...

<< 1  2   >>

join