It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They’re comin’ for Tear Gas Teddy Wheeler!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

Or they'll move out to the coast where I live and infect our quiet small communities.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
a reply to: muzzleflash

I agree %100 muzzleflash! You sound like your in better spirits today. I know you’ve had a few shaky days recently. Hope you’re good. 👍

I am.

Yesterday walking a few miles in the rain I was just so happy and feeling awesome...

It was God lifting me out of all of it.

I may be the most blessed person this side of Job, so I honestly don't have a right to be depressed or angry or hateful about anything. When I am negative its a travesty and reminds me how immature I still can be.

It's my duty to share the Good that was given to me so graciously. The more you give the more get thats how it works.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

That's just it ... at this point, I don't think they can put it back in the bottle without considerable violence and bloodshed. It's gone on too long. It's gone on long enough you have regular people resorting to vigilantism in places.

We're in a no-win scenario now.

Either the normal authorities in places continue to allow this and the regular folks put it down, so we have more Kyle Rittenhouse incidents and violence continues to escalate, or the authorities move in to squash it and the cops and Guard are the ones who put in down and it still gets bloody.

The ones engaged in the violence are far too brazen to be easily intimidated at this point.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Its interesting you mention call the police. I live in the Twin Cities and I saw the Major of Minneapolis state that they would not have a curfew Friday night but there would be a more active police presence. Interesting to think that this is coming from the same city that wants to de-fund the police. What's going to happen when you don't have the police to help you get out of these sticky situations. Will they continue to bite the hand that feeds them? I really don't know how people can't see through this stuff, and its happening all over.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Another indicator is real estate.

The news says that the housing market is BOOMING!

What they don't say is that people are selling homes for anything they can get.
VA home loans are looking mighty juicy and may be the best time to use it to score a nice home on the cheap, assuming proerty taxes are manageable, here in TX we got crazy property tax laws.
edit on 29-8-2020 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Or they'll move out to the coast where I live and infect our quiet small communities.

Yeah that’s a thing. Same thing is happening out in Bend.

That infection was a big deal in Clark County via transplants from the Bay Area. Portlander’s think Vancouver is just a bunch of redneck idiots (which is false) so they largely don’t move over the river. The Bay Area folks moved there and, ironically, some left and most “conformed” as your typical Clark county resident doesn’t want to live in San Francisco North. If they did - they’d move to Portland!

T

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

That's just it ... at this point, I don't think they can put it back in the bottle without considerable violence and bloodshed. It's gone on too long. It's gone on long enough you have regular people resorting to vigilantism in places.

Either the normal authorities in places continue to allow this and the regular folks put it down, so we have more Kyle Rittenhouse incidents and violence continues to escalate, or the authorities move in to squash it and the cops and Guard are the ones who put in down and it still gets bloody.

The ones engaged in the violence are far too brazen to be easily intimidated at this point.

Perhaps. I Don’t disagree with this thesis but I think back to the Iran hostage situation. Carter couldn’t/wouldn’t do anything about it. The country was tired of that. Regan said he’d send in the marines the day he’s sworn in and kill every single one of the terrorist soldiers without any restrictions - you might kill hostages but we will certainly kill all of you. What happened? Regan got elected and they left.

I think something like this has to go down in America. Recall the biker gang who responded with “I’m game” to the Antifa sh!t bags who wanted to take over a California town and dared anyone to stop them. What happened? Bikers rolled and Antifa left before they got there. Same gang was headed for Seattle to end “the chop” and what happened? They disbanded it before they got there.

If we started cracking down hard without fear of the liberal media this would end quickly. The only reason these morons are getting away with their actions is because liberal mayors - like flaccid teargas Teddy Wheeler - don’t have to stones or the desire to curtail the activities.

It can be stopped - we just have to want to stop it.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I hope they find Ted Wheeler's undoubtedly taxpayer funded safehouse. The sanctimonious, terrified little #.

He deserves everything that is coming for him for openly endorsing and supporting the 3 months of anarchist chaos and violence.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

On that note.. I wonder how lib governors feel about being used as political fodder at the request of the DNC?

These governors and mayors are just pawns being exploited for the “greater cause” - and they only bought it because their echo chamber tells them they’re right - when many, many thinking individuals disagree with that.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
a reply to: muzzleflash

I agree %100 muzzleflash! You sound like your in better spirits today. I know you’ve had a few shaky days recently. Hope you’re good. 👍

I am.

Yesterday walking a few miles in the rain I was just so happy and feeling awesome...

It was God lifting me out of all of it.

I may be the most blessed person this side of Job, so I honestly don't have a right to be depressed or angry or hateful about anything. When I am negative its a travesty and reminds me how immature I still can be.

It's my duty to share the Good that was given to me so graciously. The more you give the more get thats how it works.

Believe it or not....I know EXACTLY what you mean. Every word.

PS. Get some light exercise everyday. Make it fun. It’ll help more than anything else with the depression.
edit on 29-8-2020 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The Japanese consulate in Portland told my wife that it may not be safe to come to their building in Portland because of the "protestors".

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Lol c'mon you cant call all that bloviating of yours "quiet."

I live in Jackson county, and from Grants Pass, Cave Junction (Josephine cty) and Talent, people from San Fran, Portland and Seattle are trying to buy up everything here.

I had a realtor come to our door last Sunday asking to buy and close on my house within 2 weeks!

Please dont bring anymore libs to S. Oregon baby Jesus

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Gonna throw this out there and it might sound crazy but I have a notion....

(I've also said this before in another thread months ago about the destruction of some areas)

Here goes...

What if the supporting of this blight, by elected local officials, is being done On Purpose, not in regards to any election or party-majority and control but simply out of greed.

Breaking that down to simplistic terms, if you turn parts of once-vibrant and socially rich cities into complete #holes and warzones, what happens to the VALUE of those areas?

Yep....the values DROP below the floor. Businesses bail out. New tenants are impossible to find. Real Estate becomes CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP and ripe for folks with the means and the connection to swoop on in and gain vast swaths of property for next to nothing.

With me so far? If Portland and Milwaukee and other cities are similar to the city (albeit smaller) I live in, there exists and Economic department which is actually a corporation that buys/sells property for growth, investment and position. More position means better bond-rating. Better rating means more access to money at lower interest rates. Let's also not forget all of the "investors" tied to local government in the form of individuals who also invest in property, draw money based on increased credit because of those properties and help their buddies in government when needed. Back-scratching done both ways.

Yeah...sounds crazy maybe but I'm really trying hard to wrap my head around this whole mess and why this destruction is being allowed to continue or even, in some instances, encouraged.

That's my opinion du'jour.

Carry on with the political party bashing and have a great day

edit on 29-8-2020 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

You’re not crazy at all. The money makers in the area are already bidding on properties. That’s just the way of the world. But I don’t think their the ones behind it. Just the ones making lemonade out of lemons.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Do you know the percent that property values have dropped in the last year?

I’m sure they will get much worse the more this continues. I can’t imagine anyone entertaining the idea of setting up a business in downtown Portland or moving a family to anywhere in Portland.

My house near Portland on Zillow says I lost 6% in the last 30 days....

We need to understand that whatever we do with these groups will never be enough, and Wheeler is just now understanding that.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Wheeler is currently begging I mean meeting with business leaders on a weekly basis to make sure they don't leave Portland.

It's not working. I've spoken to a few who are moving out.

And I would bet they will vote him back into office....lol

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Or just across the river where I live in WA.... Its funny that Portland is very blue and right over the river in WA is very red until you hit Seattle.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit

Yeah...sounds crazy maybe but I'm really trying hard to wrap my head around this whole mess and why this destruction is being allowed to continue or even, in some instances, encouraged.

That's my opinion du'jour.

Carry on with the political party bashing and have a great day

I would agree if these sh!t cities where you can buy a house for 1 dollar actually turned around, but they don't decades later. If Portland goes that way it will stay that way just like all the other liberal cities that went this direction in the past.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
VA home loans are looking mighty juicy and may be the best time to use it to score a nice home on the cheap, assuming proerty taxes are manageable, here in TX we got crazy property tax laws.

And crazy low prices too...lol If you are 100% disabled vet your property tax in Texas is zero... Back in 2003 to 2008 I lived near San Antonio and they had 3.3%, just outside the city was 2.1%...

I guess you need to pay the piper somewhere when there is no state tax. In WA property taxes are about 1% but houses are 3+ times the cost too. We could live in Portland and pay 10% state tax and high property tax...lol

edit on 29-8-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
Only if we all agree to wear masks outside the home, and be vaccinated for Covid-19.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join