It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They’re comin’ for Tear Gas Teddy Wheeler!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Libtards are now on full display eating their own.

www.oregonlive.com...

As a protest outside Wheeler’s condo got underway around 7 p.m., about a dozen demonstrators congregated in the building’s lobby. The group pledged to stay there until the mayor listened to demands to address systemic police violence and racism.

The list included reducing the Portland Police Bureau budget, pledging never to vote for another police budget increase and resigning as mayor and police commissioner.

This comes one day after Wheeler finally met with local businesses about how he’s “thinking about” ways to help revive downtown business.

Portland is the living example of how liberalism is a mental disorder and what happens when you pander to the left. Even in “good times”, any time I went to that city I’d never park my car on a street, had to deal with walking around bums all over the streets, needles laying about, feces - it’s a complete S hole. Hell, I have a friend who had his rear car window smashed TWICE for no reason at all! And that was pre-pandemic/BLM!

So why am I posting this? People really need to understand that cities like Portland are in fact as crappy as some thing. It’s a dirty, gross city and now it’s turning into something unrecognizable for a modern, Western city. Business is now relocating over the river to WA, major companies have sent all of their downtown employees to work from home due to assaults on their staff and vandalism of personal property.

And you can lay the blame for all of this at the feet of the Portland City Council and Ted Wheeler.

Please, for your own sake, don’t vote liberal on anything - ever - or this disaster will come your way. Or, for at minimum 90+ days for nightly riots.

Sad place we’ve come to, America.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

he should call the police. Perhaps they could protect him, oh wait, he ins't interested in police, well then, he could join the protesters! no, wait, last time he did that, he got his ass kicked by a girl. I guess he might have to ride this one out in his basement. I hear that's popular among the left.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I hope they leave #nutlesswonder Wheeler alone...He's helping get Trump reelected.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Wheeler is currently begging I mean meeting with business leaders on a weekly basis to make sure they don't leave Portland.

It's not working. I've spoken to a few who are moving out.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I'm confused at how huge of a failure in govt administration this truly is.

Yikes

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Wheeler is currently begging I mean meeting with business leaders on a weekly basis to make sure they don't leave Portland.

It's not working. I've spoken to a few who are moving out.

Same. This is going to be a serious boost for Clark County, WA on the other side of the river.

One other observation... most of the younger-ish people I know who live there - we’ll say 28-40 years old - are single, alcoholics, degenerate gamblers and womanizers. Now, do I fault them for being their bro selves? Not really - I was there in my 20s but grew out of that pretty quick. Most if not all of these guys are liberals - or so they say - but they’re really not. They just say “F the RNC” to sound woke - that’s it. Their actions in no way line up with the lib agenda.

I say this as these are the people who will stay. They aren’t business owners, don’t have families/a house/nice vehicles/etc. and simply want to be close to the party.

But those with a business downtown or personal property that they’re tired of seeing destroyed are going to GTFO - as they should.

Libs don’t get it. They say “hey look these people are still here and thus lots of people agree with us” - but they never speak to who “these people” are as it pertains to their contributions to society/jobs/tax revenue/drain on public resources/etc.

Sad days for Portland. They’ll recover but that’s going to be a long road. Recall what happened to Portland after Oregon crushed the timber industry....

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Yikes

It’s such a mess over there at this point I honestly don’t even know there are rules of the game any more. It’s completely out of control.

EDIT:

And by rules I don’t just mean laws. I mean even accepted norms of behavior. It’s legitimate anarchy.
edit on 29-8-2020 by EnigmaChaser because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Another indicator is real estate.

The news says that the housing market is BOOMING!

What they don't say is that people are selling homes for anything they can get.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   
You know who I blame? The man-shamers. If it wasn’t so unpopular to have a set of balls it never would have gotten to this point.
You see,angry lesbians? This is why we need men.
edit on 29-8-2020 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Yikes

I don't know how much I'd call it a failure as a gross political miscalculation.

I think the mayors and governors cynically calculated that if they allowed this chaos and anarchy to go unchecked at their level while at the same time defying any and all offers of Federal aid to reign it in, they could create backlash against the president in the people by blaming him.

But people aren't yet that stupid. They still know the police are controlled at a local level, and that the troopers are controlled at a state level. Absence of law enforcement activity and defunding of such is a local issue just like annual tax drives for those things are a local issue.

The president has been very open in his offers of National Guard, but the mayor and governor have been equally open in denying those offers.

This pattern has been repeated all over the country.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yep! I’ve had that same thought but have yet to vocalize it. Not enough people are calling them out on that

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

Yep! I’ve had that same thought but have yet to vocalize it. Not enough people are calling them out on that

Politically speaking, miserable people are more likely to vote for change, so they try to help misery along this year with extreme lock downs and allowing chaos to run rampant.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
You know who I blame? The man-shamers. If it wasn’t so unpopular to have a set of balls it never would have gotten to this point.
You see,angry lesbians? This is why we need men.

Cowardice and being a huge #ssy is the biggest problem with our culture.

I'm not saying men should fist fight tho, I think a real Man is peaceful and loving.

He doesnt need to even win a fight he can lose but he's still a Man because he won't lay down for anyone...

It takes courage strength discipline and fortitude to resist all this BS and try to stay Loving Kind Caring Compassionate and Reasonable.

That's what a Real Man is made of, Love and Good.
Period.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Do you know the percent that property values have dropped in the last year?

I’m sure they will get much worse the more this continues. I can’t imagine anyone entertaining the idea of setting up a business in downtown Portland or moving a family to anywhere in Portland.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Yep! I pick up on that same vibe. But its almost like intuition. The governors are allowing the riots because they stand with the rioters. I just hope enough people can see that. It’s easy to overestimate the general public’s political understandings.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yikes

I don't know how much I'd call it a failure as a gross political miscalculation.

I think the mayors and governors cynically calculated that if they allowed this chaos and anarchy to go unchecked at their level while at the same time defying any and all offers of Federal aid to reign it in, they could create backlash against the president in the people by blaming him.

But people aren't yet that stupid. They still know the police are controlled at a local level, and that the troopers are controlled at a state level. Absence of law enforcement activity and defunding of such is a local issue just like annual tax drives for those things are a local issue.

The president has been very open in his offers of National Guard, but the mayor and governor have been equally open in denying those offers.

Yes - you nailed. Other threads have alluded to this as well, but I think you’re spot on to say it was a coordinated effort gone wrong.

To me, this is a result of being in their own echo chamber and falsely assume that the people they’re weaponizing will remain controllable - or that they actually were aligned with them in the first place.

They catered to a violent minority by % of the population, it got unhinged, and they don’t have the stones to put the genie back in the bottle.

So voters will put it back in the bottle in November.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I agree %100 muzzleflash! You sound like your in better spirits today. I know you’ve had a few shaky days recently. Hope you’re good. 👍

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Do you know the percent that property values have dropped in the last year?

I’m sure they will get much worse the more this continues. I can’t imagine anyone entertaining the idea of setting up a business in downtown Portland or moving a family to anywhere in Portland.

Yep. Portland will be left with people who can’t afford to move, every type of “sub-group” that’s “oppressed” you can think of and most businesses with half a brain will GTFO and people with kids will move to Beaverton, Wilsonville/Tigard, or Vancouver/Camas/Washougal.

Those areas will just become more prosperous. And, at least in Clark county, the sheriff is real lenient about firearms licensing - Clark County is armed to the teeth particularly as you go East. Violent crime in East Vancouver is low and basically non-existent from Camas west.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yikes

Yes - you nailed. Other threads have alluded to this as well, but I think you’re spot on to say it was a coordinated effort gone wrong.

To me, this is a result of being in their own echo chamber and falsely assume that the people they’re weaponizing will remain controllable - or that they actually were aligned with them in the first place.

They catered to a violent minority by % of the population, it got unhinged, and they don’t have the stones to put the genie back in the bottle.

So voters will put it back in the bottle in November.

Yep! The two of you concisely nailed it. Couldn’t have said it better, myself.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Another Democrat stall tactic to "delay" everything right into a full blown system overload economic depression that Democrats will soon have a full "recovery" plan to "rescue" the entire world 🤓

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join