It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns, Guns and more guns.. or why you can't have mine.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I find some things troubling, for lack of a better word.
I do believe that most of the anti-gun people are genuinely afraid of guns, all guns... and believe it or not, I do care about my fellow citizens being afraid. I do not wish for anyone to live in fear..... and I believe wholeheartedly that we could come together and create a plan that works for the benefit of everyone, if the ultimate goal truly is what we are led to believe it is.... safety for all.

What I have seen so far is, we take your guns and everything else stays the same, that is not good, that is not constructive and will never lead to people sitting down and working together to create an America where everyone feels secure. In fact, what it does do is make me suspicious of peoples true intentions.

Think about that for a moment, we take your guns and everything else stays the same..... we offer nothing in return. All take, no give. Are so many, so blind, as to not see the absurdity? To honestly believe that because someone does not support this, they are by default ... bad.

Am I the only one who thinks that instead of telling people all about how you are going to swoop in and like it or not take their firearms.... you should instead be telling them all about how you are going to take steps so that they do not feel the need to purchase a firearm in the first place? Does that not seem like a better way to get people to sit down and have a conversation?

We have a serious repeat offender problem in this country, nearly 75% of violent criminals will be re-incarcerated and I have reason to suspect the number would be even higher if those who die or just never get caught were included in the equation. Rehabilitation, countless programs designed to give inmates the tools they need to change their lives, free college education and nothing but time to take advantage of all this opportunity results in only a 5% success rate........ This does not inspire people to sit down and be willing to discuss gun laws, it makes them double down.

When you are talking about altering someones Rights, given to them in the Constitution, you will have to offer them something in return that is equally as monumental. Everyone makes mistakes and many deserve a 2nd chance...... and very few would be willing to disappoint society, if they knew their 2nd chance, was their only chance.

Give me an America that I know every person I encounter, be I walking the streets of of a small town or strolling through the park in a big city, has never been convicted twice..... and I will get rid of my guns with no law needed, no anger in my heart..... and both of us will live a life without the things we fear most.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
💯 with you. I was accused of actually being a part of the riot problem, because I said I started concealed carrying everyday since the riots started. While making it extremely clear I don't live by any of the active areas or participate in any kind of protests. I'm just concerned for me and my family's safety it today's racial atmosphere. And I'm the problem, I'm the one causing the riots. Let that sink in, really think about the mindset that would come up with such nonsense.

Law abiding carrying citizens are not the problem. Most people walk by 10 people a day carrying a gun and don't know it. But we are they problem. And as you said if we lived in a crime free utopia I would happily give up my weapons and live my life. But, I don't see that happening in my lifetime.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   
It's gotten real bad.

Firearm regulations began during FDR and got worse since. It's unconstitutional and ALL restrictions must be removed.

No more licenses.
All weapons from mortars AA AT AP HE etc are rightfully the citizens Arsenal. Even land mines and grenades and blocks of c4 are legitimate.

It used to be legal and they didn't have huge school massacres or Wal-Mart kill zones...

So gimme my damn grenades back.

If we can't repel modern air strikes and armored units there's NO POINT to the 2nd Amendment at ALL!

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   
You could give me any weapons and it's ok.

Why?
Because I Love others and am a Patriotic Citizen.

I would never hurt an innocent.
I rarely even kill bugs...

I swatted a bee the other day and felt terrible for 10 minutes because I truly love bees deeply... It was ok and flew off but I know it had to hurt. I really regret it.

And it was a bug nearly no one would EVER have sympathy for.

I avoid stepping on ants and I walk a lot. It's not a chore, the guilt of not caring is the real chore. I have the power to avoid killing and exercise it.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: 772STi

It is hard to believe that there are people who actually believe, that with the limited resources we all have..... that buying a gun is our preferred way to spend them.....
Let's see...... take my kids to Universal Studios and look at their faces filled with joy
or spend the money buying items to protect... what I should not even be contemplating needs protection.

Their policies are preventing everyone from enjoying life to its fullest..... and that is the real national tragedy

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I gotta admit Muzz,,,,, the idea of going to a range and tossing a couple grenades.... and watching a refrigerator get blown to tiny bits would be hilarious...... yelling to your buddy BRING THAT OLD WASHING MACHINE OVER HERE!!!!

People got too many sticks crammed up their @asses and have had them there so long they forgot how to live.

edit on 29-8-2020 by Zimnydran because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
You ask where my mask is and I say I am opposed to being forced to wear a mask
You say it is not just about me and that I have an obligation to protect you from harm
So I ask you what kind of gun you carry and you tell me that you are opposed to guns
And so i ask, how then are you going to fulfill your obligation to protect me from harm
And you reply........... that's different, because I said so.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Zimnydran

I agree.

Our govt is failing.

None of us should feel like going for a walk in any city is dangerous.

This Govt was entrusted to keep a safe thriving society and they failed. No city in the US is remotely safe in any way at all.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I wish trump does this when he gets re-elected. No firearms restrictions for Americans!

Oh I’d love to see that day. I hope this happens in my lifetime

new topics

top topics

join