It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A democrat worthy of great respect

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

He's been ousted from the party--removed from the Democratic ticket at the last hour:
www.tennessean.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

He's been ousted from the party--removed from the Democratic ticket at the last hour:
www.tennessean.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Once I started watching I couldn't stop... that's a Democrat I'd vote for, and lets hope he spoke for the growing silent majority.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

went against the narrative. It's a damn shame. This amount of character, and integrity is what's lacking in politics right now, seems a bad time to get rid of one of the few displaying those very qualities.

I'd bet he would be welcomed by the right.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The Democrats started to pivot away from the violence and rioting last week.
They saw what it was doing to their polling numbers.
They've realised that taking power with brownshirts is not going to work for them, so they are looking for other angles.

Here's my prediction - the riots will stop and come November it will be Democrats trying to claim credit - despite being the cheerleaders of chaos for 4 years.

I don't know if this particular politician was genuine or whether it's a new Democrat election strategy rolling out - I hope the former.

edit on 29/8/2020 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

NO CHANCE.
Dems really did a number on him...

Members of the committee voted 41 to 18 on a Wednesday conference call to remove DeBerry from the ballot in the upcoming August primary. DeBerry now has no opportunity to run as an independent or Republican since the filing deadline has passed, leaving a write-in campaign as his only path to reelection under current rules.

www.tennessean.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

went against the narrative. It's a damn shame. This amount of character, and integrity is what's lacking in politics right now, seems a bad time to get rid of one of the few displaying those very qualities.

Did he? I suspect the Democrats will try and seize the high ground over the complete chaos on the ground THEY created and then claim they solved it.
Sorry, but I don't trust a single word any Democrat says.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

did you listen to the speech?

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
The Democrats started to pivot away from the violence and rioting last week.
They saw waht it was doing to their polling numbers.
They've realised that taking power with brownshirts is not going to work for them, so they are looking for other angles.

Here's my prediction - the riots will stop and come November it will be Democrats trying to claim credit - despite being the cheerleaders of chaos for 4 years.

I don't know if this particular politician was genuine or whether it's a new Democrat election strategy rolling out - I hope the former.

No, that man was genuine because he is from Memphis, you could tell this man lived real and constant racism and grew above it with respect and integrity. Why the Democrats want to throw out persons of character and integrity like this is just symbolism of the extremes their leadership will go to, and why they are severely lacking in those same traits. In fact, both parties suffer from not having enough persons of this mindset.
edit on 29-8-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I like this guys spirit and his wisdom. At the end of the day sides don't matter, our skin color doesn't matter, what matters is our character and our principles, and this video and this thread are great examples of that.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
I like this guys spirit and his wisdom. At the end of the day sides don't matter, our skin color doesn't matter, what matters is our character and our principles, and this video and this thread are great examples of that.

Obviously the Democrat Party doesn't agree with you.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Expelled from the Party for daring to question the extremist hive mind.

Sad.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

www.tennessean.com...

Seriously, you have to be joking... that is beyond insane. This has to be one of the best examples of how the left cares only about partisan ideologies and nothing else. They claim to be about uplifting minority groups but they remove this guy the moment he says one thing they don't like. This is the core reason I'm repulsed from the left and forced to be center-right, at least the right has some sense of decency and empathy for their political opponents. I'm not religious or very conservative but at least the right try to act like real human beings. It's a lot easier for me to find likable people on the right than the left, and it's certainly harder to find people on the left with as much backbone and integrity as DeBerry has. I guess they don't want people who have some sense of morality. The article mentions how DeBerry is a Christian minister at a church and "what it means to be a Democrat in 2020"... so I guess they just forgot Biden is a staunch Catholic, which last time I checked is even more fundamentalist than Christianity... but even just being a Christian these days triggers leftists.
edit on 29/8/2020 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

That man has got it exactly right.
That kind of speech should bring people together, Right or Left, Black or White.
And yes, that did bring tears to my eyes because he has a real passion and empathy that is truly evident.
There is not one Democrat on a Federal level that can speak with that kind of truth and passion and empathy.
There is not one that can speak like that to bring people together because they have been indoctrinated to hate Trump and the Right because they lost an election.
I fear if that man ever made the jump to the Federal level, would he still have the same passion and empathy after sitting in a meeting with Pelosi, Schumer or Nadler who spew vile hatred towards the Right on a daily basis?
I feel that if that happened that he would make the conversion to Republican because after sitting with the current Dem leadership, it seems to me that a man of integrity like him would not tolerate that.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

There needs to be a crowd fund for a write in campaign for this guy. We as American's owe it our country and ourselves to place people and keep people of integrity in office when available.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

I totally agree, but have no idea how to go about it. I'd go out of my way to help this man, so if there is some way to do that, please let me know.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

did you listen to the speech?

I did yes, very powerful.
But, my first reaction to anything a democrat says is that they are lying. That position is the best to have as you'll be correct 99% of the time.
That they have removed him from their party suggests he actually is a real human being.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
He knew what was going to happen, he even commented on it during his speech but still decided to speak his mind.

Unless something comes up that was going to get him outsted anyway the only thing I can assume from this is the democrats dont want anyone to speak against the narrative.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

The article (written 4/13/2020, speech 8/12/2020, so the ousting preceded the speech) suggests that his stance on abortion and school vouchers prompted the removal.

As a (former) Democrat, I say let the voters decide who they feel most fit to represent them.
edit on 29-8-2020 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Here is the caliber of 'politician' that was at the vanguard of those seeking Mr. DeBerry's ouster

Bryan Carson, an executive committee member from Memphis, was among the majority voting for DeBerry's removal.

He said DeBerry wasn't "exemplifying the basic Democratic principles," and contended the vote was necessary because DeBerry's primary opponents have never been able to match his fundraising ability.

"The people who've challenged him, they haven't been able to raise the money to have a decent campaign to let them know what he's actually doing in Nashville," Carson said.

Carson is the former chair of the Shelby County Democratic Party but resigned in 2015 after the local party voted to file a criminal complaint against him over an allegation of embezzlement. He said Friday that he never faced any charges in the matter, however.

^^^^ the very definition of "the swamp".

I think what needs to happen is, we need to follow the advice of the wise and sage Maxine Waters. I'm no fan of Rand Paul, I neither like nor dislike him, but explain to me why it's OK to harangue and harass him, yet this Bryan Carson, accused of criminal fraud, and now participating in dirty un-democratic tactics to remove Mr. DeBerry from participating in elections, is allowed to walk the streets with no issue?

It might be time to start dishing out some 'Resist!' style medicine to these swamp creatures on the left.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join