It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A democrat worthy of great respect

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Representative John Deberry speaks about race and our current situation. I know in a normal time, in a normal world, this wouldn't surprise me, it would just be a smart man who was elected to lead based on his actions and words. But in these times, having an elected leader with this clarity, let alone someone from the democratic side with this point of view is refreshing.

It's my wish, my dream, that we as humans, try to learn from that small slice of Dr. Kings speech.

That one day, children would be judged by the content of their character, and not the color of their skin.

This man sees our regression. I think we all see it. it MUST stop. Please watch this video, it's likely the most moving speech I've heard in a very long time.
edit on 29-8-2020 by network dude because: fixed error

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Yes, a stirring and powerful speech. Right around 8 minute mark is where he kicks in the afterburners and starts shredding the BLM ANTIFA actors.

It's very refreshing to see a legislator see through the smoke screen of race and denounce the occurrences of the last 4-6 months as gratuitous, self-serving violence that has no connection to civil rights.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this. I admire this man for addressing congress with truths we all know. He is a true American patriot and the people who have elected him in Memphis seem to have gotten a good one there!

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

that was what surprised me the most. He didn't pander to the left's current scheme, he spoke the truth, and did it with class. He even shamed the current left in how they are going about all this. And did that with class.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

*****STANDING APPLAUSE FOR A POLITICIAN BEING REAL*****

Gotta wipe the tears from my eyes....

Amazing...

DR King was AGAINST Violence!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I have to admit, when I watched it last night, I had to wipe my eyes as well, as did my wife.
I'd love to buy this gentleman a drink and thank him for his wisdom and vision.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Yeah man I got guts!!

I'm gonna double down and try to keep focused and will preach Peace Love and Citizenship to everyone I meet.

I'm gonna cut am all down to size then we'll see what they're really made of...

LOVE WINS ALWAYS

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   

keep the faith, and don't let life piss you off. You are on a good track, stay the course.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I have to admit, when I watched it last night, I had to wipe my eyes as well, as did my wife.

If the Democrats backed this guy they could actually beat Trump.

That's their only Hope tho.
Too bad they are diametrically opposed to him...

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

keep the faith, and don't let life piss you off. You are on a good track, stay the course.

Thank you, you too buddy!
Always Love ya man!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Yea, he sounds like a republican with his words. At least in the current paradigm. Things like this reassure me I'm thinking clearly and not being blinded by partisan garbage. It happens, just not with this.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   
And don't forget to smile . that really pisses them off LOLa reply to: muzzleflash

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Yea, he sounds like a republican with his words. At least in the current paradigm. Things like this reassure me I'm thinking clearly and not being blinded by partisan garbage. It happens, just not with this.

"Republican" at this point could be anyone not extreme left.

That'd how #d this got lol.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluesman462002
And don't forget to smile . that really pisses them off LOLa reply to: muzzleflash

Hahaha
I got these new beautiful amazing teeth last year.

I absolutely WILL smile because that's my thing now! I Love being Alive woohoo!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Im interested to see how our hard line leftists here think of this.

Im betting they wont respond at all.

This guy undermined their entire philosophy of violence and destruction and hate.

Democrats you're finished.
Might as well vote I L or G this year.

Good rittens ....
It went way too far...

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I thought your title was a joke....but I'll give the video a look.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I thought your title was a joke....but I'll give the video a look.

Dude bring your tissues.
I'm serious!

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I'd never purposely identify myself as Republican. I think they are too liberal with military spending and give out blank checks.

If anything I see myself as a Constitutionalist because I believe in the founding document over all others and believe our prime problem is lack of education about that founding document.

But with how screwed politics is now, I, the neutral party that generally dislikes R and D passionately, can see clearly who is being reasonable and who is being psychotic lunatics.

It's all because Hate. They Hate Hate Hate Trump.
Thats 100% what it's all about.
The MSM created it.

None of these ppl care that a thug got killed by cops. All they care about is themselves and even then not really.

To them its just an opportunity to hurt others and feel strong violating everyone else.

How does violating others Liberty promote the cause of Liberty? It CANT and WONT!

Violating others promotes the cause of Tyranny and Hate.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Thanks for posting this.
There may be hope for the Democrat Party after all.

Inspiring man...but I'm afraid the Marxists supporting Biden and running the Democrat Party are already moving to cancel the guy.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Thanks for posting the speech.

Had wondered what he meant about not being sure he'd be back to the state House. Found out, he is running for re-election to a state House seat, but he was kicked off the Statewide Democrat Primary Ballot by his own party. 90.3wplnnews

(Oh, and according to photo at above news link, he previously met with Trump on school vouchers.) Considered an outlier by Democrat State Committee.

General Assembly colleagues found a path. A previously introduced bill moving through the Tennessee General Assembly was amended with the following language (Go John DeBerry!):

Notwithstanding the above, under this amendment, if an incumbent member of the general assembly who has filed a petition for reelection is disqualified by the political party executive committee, then the incumbent member of the general assembly may file a new petition for the same office as a candidate for another political party or as an independent candidate. Notwithstanding the present law filing deadlines, an incumbent member of the general assembly filing a petition under this amendment must file the petition no later than 90 days before: (1) The primary election, if the incumbent is filing a petition as a candidate for another political party; or (2) The general election, if the incumbent is filing a petition as an independent candidate.

That's some strong language by the General Assembly. No state party is gonna keep one of their colleagues down.

But his speech -- very moving. His retelling of MLK's final night, DeBerry standing to give someone his seat so he could move closer to MLK. "Something told that good man on that terrible stormy night, something bad was about to happen." Listeing to his retelling, I held my breath, almost as though the inevitable could be prevented.

Again, thanks for posting. Feel like I want to contribute to his General Election campaign.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join