It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skippy's CT2020. Non-writer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
The couple was driving down one of the main streets in their medium sized home city.  

Along this thoroughfare a new sight eclipsed their view. 

"Hey look at the new drive-thru", one said. "Skippy's Steakburgers. Wasn't there a bank right next that gas station? Why is it a food place now? When did that happen?"

"Naw, I know the bank you're talking about, I think that is a little further ahead. This was just a lot, right?"

"Hey, let's try it."

They pulled up to drive through menu board and were taken in my it's Retro look. They concluded they were going for an In N' Out vibe.

They ordered their meals through the retro board and proceeded to the window. They were further taken back by the time correct looks of the employees.

"This place really gets into it"

"Hi!", "You're total will be $4.67".

"Did you get our full order? Two number 1's?",

"Sure did!"

"Wow! Great prices."

They then asked, "Hey, do you do Apple Pay?"

The cashier looked puzzled, "What's an Apple Pay?

He turned to ask a question but before he could finish the ice white look of his wife stopped him.

"Everything is weird and going out of focus and warping", she said,

He turned to look and found himself at a drive thru ATM with cars behind him becoming more irate.

An angry person behind them yells, "What the hell you doing, waiting for it to give you food? Move it!
edit on 29-8-2020 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

edit on Sat Aug 29 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

I'm sure glad I didn't stop at Skippy's.

So I waiting for my order to be brought out on one of those trays that hooks over the partly open car window, when the transition waves wavered the scene.

What could I say, "Well she's not going to get a tip."

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
There's a 100 word limit

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Well, I don't expect to win... And It also helps to read the rules first. Try this again...

100 word or less version:

The couple was driving a familiar thoroughfare when the saw a new drive-thru,  "Skippy's"

One swore it was a bank last week the other remembered the bank being down the street.

They decided to try it and were taken by it's retro look, even the employees.

Further confusion arose when the price seemed too low to be accurate.

They grew irritated when the employee accused them of passing "fake monopoly money".

Then their surroundings started to warp and they found themselves at a drive thru ATM with people honking and yelling to get out of the way.
edit on 30-8-2020 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2020 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I went to a burger place called Skippy's years ago. Well, I think it was years ago...

Well done - no pun intended...

top topics

join