It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A tactical and legal analysis of the Kenosha shootings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
A kind soul has written a thorough, detailed examination and analysis of the Kenosha shootings involving Kyle Rittenhouse. The author has done quite a bit of fact checking and makes it clear throughout the article when there are areas he/she is unsure or unclear of the exact fact in question. I really don’t have much to add to the article but am happy to discuss if anybody cares to, mostly I just wanted to share the information. Several videos have been compiled, and are slowed down, split up, etc. to illustrate certain points but do not appear to be otherwise edited. Furthermore, any video that is slowed down or snipped is also shown at regular speed and in its entirety at some point in the article. The author was able to obtain original HD video for most of the videos, as opposed to using recordings of live streams or recordings of recordings.

Bottom line: first degree intentional homicide is dead in the water and this kid is going to walk on everything but a possible misdemeanor weapons charge. Fortunately, from what I’ve seen on social media, several pro-2A lawyers have already offered their services to him.

Lin k

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I’d say case closed then.

Next event. Same analysis hopefully.

Odd no other armed militia opened fire in the midst of all this.

Since nothing will stick, he should make another guest appearance in neighboring states where there’s unrest
edit on 28-8-2020 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

From my observation the "molotov cocktail" was indeed a bag, however I believe it may be a partial brick that was concealed in a fry box. The reason it looked like a flame is due to it being stretch from the weight. It didnt fly far and fell fast because he was holding the bag and it ripped.

It couldnt have been air fill that caused it to flail like that and not gave been weighted to fall at the pace it did. The plastic being stretched is what also caused the bag to remain standing as it did.

The first time I saw the video that zoomed in I knew I didnt see smoke, and thought I saw a fry box. I believe on closer inspection it may have been a piece if old brick that split into two pieces.

I've only skimmed so far to get to their observation, but it appears to be the times thread timeline with much greater detail, and legal analysis I was unsure about.

edit on 8/28/2020 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/28/2020 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

was a very detailed look at the evidence.

i guess ol baldy homes wasn't bad as he thought he was, the freaking pervert. got his nuts blown off and shot in the head.

something i don't/will never understand is why people think their odds of taking a gun away from somebody while not being armed ( with a firearm, not a skate board or doing some half ass kung fu moves or brute force like baldy did) themselves is gonna turn out good for them.

edit on 28-8-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Let's also take into consideration the character of the 3 people he shot:

Joseph Rosenbaum, convicted pedophile. Served 12.5 years for sexual contact with a minor.

Gaige Grosskreutz, a convicted burglar who was illegally carrying a gun.

Anthony Huber, convicted domestic abuser. Convicted of multiple domestic abuse counts, ADW, battery, false imprisonment, and "strangulation and suffocation".

It seems to me that a certain criminal element is attracted to take part in these "protests".

Good riddance to them. They were/are human scum.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Have been watching the news and checking on line media news and this is the first time I'm hearing the complete story. Sounds completely justified if truly based on the characters involved it likely is. This is what ATS is about...deny ignorance

edit on 28-8-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Good analysis, the kid will likely walk. Looked pretty self defencey when looking at clips last night. I'm not going to comment or suppose whether he should of been there armed or not.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Good analysis, the kid will likely walk. Looked pretty self defencey when looking at clips last night. I'm not going to comment or suppose whether he should of been there armed or not.

As it looks it may very well have been self defense.

He shouldn't have been there armed there though. He's just a kid. Teenage boys are ripe with hormones and haven't developed emotional intelligence yet, it's just asking for trouble... And as he's found, you can put yourself in a life altering position.

Some are going to defend it, and maybe even celebrate it... But its instances like this that threaten rights by making the public discussion question them all together. This one won't bring it all down, but death by a thousand cuts is possible when we brush off this one here and this one there.

We're in a battle for public perception, and right now the rash and loud are winning. Everyone is looking for a savior while ignoring personal responsibility, anyone who's being honest knows where it's all going.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

My opinion - bit silly of him to be there in the first place. But that alone doesn’t beget being chased across a parking lot and down a road. One wonders if the chomo homed in on him because of his apparent age and lack of obvious connection to the rest of the “militia members.” Pure speculation at this point, but it’s crossed my mind.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Yea I hear you about letting your 17 year old even get out in that situation, regardless even if it was illegal he had the right to protect himself,he tried to avoid it until the guy caught him and basically it became purely self defense. Even the other attackers can argue they were trying to subdue him maybe but even that is flimsy.

Learned alot of things reading the outline I did not know that the Kenosha police didn't arrest him, I thought he gave himself up right there. This also shows people have got to stop jumping to conclusions till they can get the complete story.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Even if he was acting in self defense and legally this gets set aside... He's still going to have to reconcile an act many don't ever have to. He's still going to get his name thrown around and become a political football.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   
What a waste of time to write all that and the victim shaming is disgusting. It's a mass shooting. Just like all the other white supremacists teenagers who have killed innocent people.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: vonclod

My opinion - bit silly of him to be there in the first place. But that alone doesn’t beget being chased across a parking lot and down a road. One wonders if the chomo homed in on him because of his apparent age and lack of obvious connection to the rest of the “militia members.” Pure speculation at this point, but it’s crossed my mind.

It's very possible the guy was absolutely enraged earlier, but alas he made 3 mistakes he let that anger get the better of him he chased down and threathened and armed individual and he tried to take the AR15 away from him and it was the last mistake he ever made.

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Sure, if you're smoking rocks.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
What a waste of time to write all that and the victim shaming is disgusting. It's a mass shooting. Just like all the other white supremacists teenagers who have killed innocent people.

Unless someone isn't involved in these LARP battles at all and just an innocent bystander, I'm going to be hard pressed to call victim shaming.

Anyone involved knows what's going on and whats at stake when you go down to these events. Is it your right? Sure, but personal responsibility comes along with rights. I'm not going to these sh** shows specifically because I don't want to get caught between people who can't control their emotions.

I'm questioning the parents of this kid more than the kid himself. Something tells me they must have been egging on some behavior for him to show up to riots protests with a loaded AR15. Whoever allows or supports their kid doing that is pretty messed up.
edit on 28-8-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

its a bloody shame he felt he had to be there in the first place

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Even if he was acting in self defense and legally this gets set aside... He's still going to have to reconcile an act many don't ever have to. He's still going to get his name thrown around and become a political football.

Yes I agree no way should a 17 year old kid be out there, but if the enraged 26 year old bald headed ex con doesn't chase him does any of this happen? Ignorance and stupidity abounds on both sides. His parents letting him do that very questionable.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
Let's also take into consideration the character of the 3 people he shot:

Joseph Rosenbaum, convicted pedophile. Served 12.5 years for sexual contact with a minor.

Gaige Grosskreutz, a convicted burglar who was illegally carrying a gun.

Anthony Huber, convicted domestic abuser. Convicted of multiple domestic abuse counts, ADW, battery, false imprisonment, and "strangulation and suffocation".

It seems to me that a certain criminal element is attracted to take part in these "protests".

Good riddance to them. They were/are human scum.

Just because they are scum doesnt mean you can execute them. this boy in no way was ready to handle the responsibility of being armed. And i hope what ever adult that allowed him to be there goes to jail for this as well. Just the idea of brandishing rifles around protestors was stupid. To be honest if i had people carrying rifles and pointing them towards me i might react similarly to the crowd.

link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

You can't talk like that, this whole thing is a Trump vs Biden debate set up by the deep state.

link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Yes I agree no way should a 17 year old kid be out there, but if the enraged 26 year old bald headed ex con doesn't chase him does any of this happen? Ignorance and stupidity abounds on both sides. His parents letting him do that very questionable.

Precisely.

At the end of the day he's just a kid who just went through some stuff most adults never will. He's got a long road ahead no matter how the legal system navigates this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join