It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is What Happens

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
With the latest media manipulation seed of Rittenhouse, I think that many are looking at this in terms of ideals and idealistic situations. "Should" he have been there? No, probably not. "Should" there be months of riots? No, probably not. But, this is what happens when society literally breaks down in specific regions due to government inaction and horrific levels of deception in the media (this entire year has been staggering in that respect).

People need to look at actual, full source material ..of everything.. and not the manufactured reality propagated by the "news" and what is shared by our insular circles in social media.

I have been speaking out about all the violence all along. It began long before Trump, for what its worth, even if it has escalated. Though up until this point, its really only been coming from one social group for quite some time.

I think we have become habituated into being armchair quarterbacks and voyeurs that judge things more on ideals, our personal environment, and a digitally cultivated perspective than reality.

I believe that saying "he shouldna done that" is akin to saying that a massive asteroid "shouldnt hit our planet." Its technically true, but it doesnt change the inevitable.

The average person who has their perception of the world shaped by the news and what their acquaintances share on facebook perceive a completely false reality.. and thats a very serious problem particularly when those who are inculcated and initiated into this belief system feel its everyone else thats the problem. So much so, that many feel we simply need to tear it all down, and they will "benevolently" create a new system for us.

I dont believe the media & news are relevant anymore, even without them being some of the most destructive, deceptive forces in modern society.

The reality is.. If residents in a region no longer feel safe. If government entirely abdicates its responsibilities. If the power structures fail to provide the stability that is their sole purpose of existence. And if the residents livelihoods and life's work are being threatened and literally burned to the ground by groups who openly state that is their goal.. All the while the national and international news lies about it.. Then the people in the area will fill that vacuum just as surely as that asteroid will strike the planet. People have been extraordinarily restrained about all this, almost like that asteroid slowing itself down by sheer will. They are restrained because they feel that the only solution is one that can not be reversed: violent response. There are other ways.. Governors, mayors, media, and DAs could actually do their jobs for one. But, that isnt happening and voices that might have ideas on this do not penetrate the information vectors. Anyone who goes against the media Narrative is [insert dehumanizing buzzword here] or ignored entirely.

As someone who absolutely, unquestionably feels that this is all the wrong path to go down. And, as someone who feels I personally have better solutions for so very many things, as I have been working on it specifically for nearly two decades.. I cant reasonably sit in some sort of righteous judgment of these events anymore than I would wag my finger at that asteroid.

Its all as tragic as it is predictable. Many people in many regions feel completely backed into a corner, and thats exacerbated by everything from the events throughout the year to the abusive gaslighting of the media and politicians.

This is what happens.

This is how events play out in "reality," outside of idealistic technological bubbles and digital veils. Yet, its still frequently commented on in the same way that many would criticise The Bachelorette for going with Frank instead of Bob. So many think all the answers to everything will come from corporate-political political pop stars, a Monolith. Instead of simply talking to each other, we have been conditioned to cheer on our "team" through likes and shares, like hastily made signs and body paint at a football game.

Weve built a completely f%$#ed up society that is based in rapacious exploitation of ideals, rampant rape of peoples minds, addiction to voyeurism, and false realities derived from our technology. All leveraged by a corporate-political apparatus that aims for full spectrum domination and subjugation.

We stare at pixels on a screen, as they slowly blink out. All the while growing more fervent and zealous in the self-righteous judgment of the increasingly abstracted image.

Stop watching the news. They are going to get worse, showing less and less of what actually happened until its just them preaching about what they think you should believe is happening. To the point that when someone does observe what is actually going on, data or video, they believe that is the lie. All under the duplicitous guise of "The Truth."

I firmly believe we can work through all this, but we are filtering all of our exchanges and interactions through corporate narratives and politics.

This is what happens when we do that.

I believe we have immense amounts of technology that can solve so many issues. But, much of it is downstream effects and they are profound enough that serious, honest discussion is required throughout the process. We have also been conditioned to look at everything with the greatest degree of myopism possible; we leave the "big picture" to corporations, politicians, and global organizations by just giving them massive amounts of funding. We leave it to the "experts" and the "settled science." All without asking for more real-world results than them saying "We are doing GoodThings! If you say differently, you must like BadThings!"

The world today is what happens when we do that. When we put such absolute, unflinching faith in institutions that all who question it are Bad. It doesnt end here either. We know how history rhymes, even if this is all quite novel.

There is a massive manipulation machine and we all know it, yet many still buy into it. Thats how effective it is. People know they are being lied to, they know they are not being shown events as they actually happened, they know there are alternatives. But, they keep going back because its just that effective.. and this is all what happens when we do that.

People want a single focal point that has all of the answers to everything, an easy Monolith that offers everything. All the solutions to all the problems, that contains all the knowledge and understanding in the world that will do everything for us so we dont even have to think about it. The corporate-political apparatus sells us this illusion. Yet, it delivers nothing but dependence, lies, and subjugation in exchange for the paltry sum of willful ignorance, absolute faith & trust, and our hearts & minds. Then it convinces us to come back for more and defend the corporate "honor" as if it were our very own heart & soul.

Should we do that? No, probably not... Because this is what happens. A glimpse into life under absolute Monolithic technocracy. Put your faith and trust into that Monolith at your own peril. There is no reason to do so, particularly when we still have instant, constant access to the work of those outside of that structure. People who are doing amazing work in every field imaginable, every day. You should probably check it out.

There. Now I feel better

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

The problem primarily is Time.
No one has much.

No one has time to find the deepest truths. Sure we all can get a few, but we rely on each other to learn.

Collectively we all have time to figure things out. But alone will take forever.

TPTB that control society know this and so use the media against that weakness. You just have to trust them. This is why all news stations say "the most trusted source of news" to remind you just Trust them.

The internet has begun reversing this because we can find way more sources with other bias or less bias. More sources is better but never fully trust anything you cant confirm yourself.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The minute elected officials started abdicating their responsibilities in cynical political play this was all inevitable.

You can take that quite a long ways back too.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I love you Brother. I regard you as the realest person on this wretched site. Honestly!πŸ™

originally posted by: muzzleflash

No one has much.

No one has time to find the deepest truths. Sure we all can get a few, but we rely on each other to learn.

Collectively we all have time to figure things out. But alone will take forever.

TPTB that control society know this and so use the media against that weakness. You just have to trust them. This is why all news stations say "the most trusted source of news" to remind you just Trust them.

The internet has begun reversing this because we can find way more sources with other bias or less bias. More sources is better but never fully trust anything you cant confirm yourself.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Well thought out thread, thank you. For whatever reason it brought to mind this quote for me:

β€œThe crowd neither wants nor seeks knowledge, and the leaders of the crowd, in their own interests, try to strengthen its fear and dislike of everything new and unknown. The slavery in which mankind lives is based upon this fear. It is even difficult to imagine all the horror of this slavery. We do not understand what people are losing. But in order to understand the cause of this slavery it is enough to see how people live, what constitutes the aim of their existence, the object of their desires, passions, and aspirations, of what they think, of what they talk, what they serve and what they worship. Consider what the cultured humanity of our times spends money on; even leaving the war out, what commands the highest price; where the biggest crowds are. If we think for a moment about these questions it becomes clear that humanity, as it is now, with the interests it lives by, cannot expect to have anything different from what it has.” ― G. I. Gurdjieff

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Journalism, actual journalism is very niche and rather rare to find. And when you do, no - one takes them serious because it's not polarized - biased - gas-lighting, or people outright deny it because it's not what they WANT to hear.

I called it years ago that the internet would slowly transition into an ideological battleground, mostly centered around politics. Back when I watched the chaos of the creationist / evangelical surge on youtube to try and expand their ideas, which were met with heavy, heavy rebuttal from everyday scientists, I saw the comments decline from healthy debate to just outright name calling, and labeling people pedophiles and such because they weren't beating the same drum beat as them.

The internet is a blessing and curse.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

No one has much.

I hope the OP has finished....

But I agree that a lot of the media is so trashy, I still think there are trusted sources though, even in some established sources, that bring real truths, but that's my take on it.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Bread & Circuses
The real problem is what is it all covering for?
And the other problem is most will never know or bother to find out because...laziness & complacency
There's a big problem now with "I'm alright Jack" right up until the moment it actually affects YOU...then of course its too late

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

There's a big problem now with "I'm alright Jack" right up until the moment it actually affects YOU...then of course its too late

Completely true, and I have to say, it's a pretty stupid way of going about things.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 06:48 PM
link   
As a media geek and creator in both TV and Film, Don't whine, make something. All you need in today's digital technology is a damn phone and a cheap LG will do.

There are plenty of platforms to display your work and you can even make some real money. If you don't like the state of affairs with media in general; you can be the next alex Jones if you can write, plan and learn the ropes. They're available to everyone. Be the change you seek.

Get a few friends together and make a vlog, podcast, film anything. I just wrote a feature screenplay in 15 days from an idea I got from an ATS post. The marketplace is crying for good content but remember in America its business and profit driven...like it or not....it's capitalism.

I used this....www.celtx.com...

Join us!! You wouldn't believe the opportunities available for even mediocre content. But all this emotional masturbation won't get you anywhere except a few stars and flags on ATS. Ultimately the choice is yours...

edit on 28-8-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Curiously, did you have anything to do with the film " the hunt" ?

To the OP, good rant

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Curiously, did you have anything to do with the film " the hunt" ?

To the OP, good rant

No...

My last big project before the shut down was Better Call Saul. I've been writing and working on indy non union projects during the shutdown. Union shows start again Sept. 9.
edit on 28-8-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Fair enough, it just seemed like the ideas could have come straight out of this site, in fact I'm betting some folk now think manorgate is the real thing.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I have to ask is this by chance or design? Most of us (and rightly so) are so focused on feeding, clothing and keeping a roof over ourselves and our families that we loose sight of what is happening beneath the veil of our daily existence. I will also add that being bombarded with false narratives and outright lies add to the diversion.

"The men were working so hard in the wheat fields that they did not notice the heat."
Cather
edit on 28-8-2020 by flyonthewall because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2020 by flyonthewall because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth
I love you Brother. I regard you as the realest person on this wretched site. Honestly!πŸ™

No one has much.

Wow thanks man!!

I'm trying my best to reach that goal.
Glad to see Im making progress.

Tyvm for real that makes my day!
edit on 8/28/2020 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Ive long felt that time is the most valuable resource we can give one another. That can be done in myriad ways, of course.

We have slowly become more and more short term oriented, intentionally or not, when much of what we do in this life should be looked upon as "planting trees whose shade we will never personally enjoy."

We stand on the shoulder of giants as well. We are part of an immense Story.. One that for the first time in history, can actually catalog the essence of every individual through technology (for better or worse).

From the first person to build a shelter, to the first person to put some plants in liquid (coffee/tea!), to the first person to put little ridges on a nail making a screw.. And on into the future.

Its an incredible, beautiful, tragic thing. One that we have largely lost sight of, partially due to inculcation.. But we hold responsibility for it too.

Even when we witness something ourselves directly, we can have incorrect perceptions. Once we start viewing things through various comprehensive & continuous filters.. It gets to be a real problem even if those organizations have altruistic motives (and they do not).

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You can take that quite a long ways back too.

I think ^^this^^ is important.

This didnt just start with the riots. Arguably, its been going on for decades, but such overtness really only began this year.

It continues on in ways beyond the riots as well, nearly all done under duplicitous means, globally. It may take a bit different shape in different nations, but roughly the same thing is happening pretty much across the board.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Gnawledge

Youre welcome, and thank you too

Right now, we see a battle between collectivism and individualism. Total subjugation through technology and absolute centralization, or liberation of the individual through technology. Very few speak up about how to utilize modern technology outside of either thinking its all evil, or that corporations are the only place implementation matters and then it will trickle down.

Ive seen the outright demonization of anything or anyone that empowers the individual.

Its one of those things that one approach can include the other (a societal framework that truly empowers the individual can have strong collective action too, stronger even), whereas in the other approach.. One is eradicated by the other (sole collectivism eradicates the individual by its very nature).

Its an applicable notion with capitalism and republics as well, though we have let it turn into corporatism. In a capitalist society or republic, we can actually create our own little societies that operate under their own rules. Factors like regulation can get in the way (even making collecting rainwater illegal), but the framework itself enables it. Whereas many other historical systems, like communism, do not allow for this diversity.

I actually feel this entire premise is one of the aspects of growing as a civilization that we must hold most dear, and protect.

How do we design a system that enables and protects the individual and the collective? I think we have done great work there, but modern tools can take it to the next stage. Im sure others have their own ideas too.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I believe this shift truly embedded itself when twitter began to override the traditional "news" in terms of speed, accuracy, and scene presence. Now, social media drives society while more traditional systems attempt to remain relevant.

The problem here is that the loudest, "craziest" voices get the most focus. Meaning that over time, the loudest, "craziest" voices begin to drive society itself.

This happened relatively quickly as well, yet most are still operating under years old social paradigms.

We tend to interact and engage with those we disagree with most vehemently. Not to come to some sort of mutual coexistence, but solely to "correct" them and attempt to convert them to the "right" way of thinking. A perennial issue throughout all of history, and every single social group. Yet, we currently have a society that embraces this interaction and even creates literal addiction to it.

Going back to muzzles point; we only have so much time to give though. So, if we simply spend all of our time "correcting" those who disagree, what is remaining? A society that is built on the pillars of listening and bowing to those who air their grievances in the most extreme ways. Even if its only boosting their signal in the social milieu by engagement. And.. this year shows more clearly than ever that this is what happens when we do that.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Well, I certainly have my own ideas about where this is heading and the agenda behind it. Im not exactly quiet about it either

Its far from inevitable, but it will absolutely happen if folks just keep on fighting about what the media tells us to fight about and what is getting the most likes & shares on social media.

We are heading towards that full spectrum domination by a corporate-political system that has infiltrated our society far, far more deeply than most realize.

As it stands, there is no real system or infrastructure that competes with the technocracy in the foundational ways that really matter. If they want to shut off your water and electricity, they will. If they want to prevent you from getting food, they will. If they want to destroy all forms of commerce outside their influence, they will (and have this year).

They dont even have to bother with actual science anymore, just have experts preach The Truth and if one disagrees.. we are quite literally evil apostates, white supremacists, want people to die, etc.

At a certain point, there wont be a meaningful way to fight back or prevent this. A lot of what is coming people believe is just "science fiction," and they are in for a very rude awakening.

Plenty of ways to stop it though. Plenty of ways to actually build a better world without destroying what exists now or dehumanizing & even eradicating people who dissent. The technocrat path will actually precipitate a substantially worse world for everyone, including them.

But as long as we spend all of our Time in voyeur mode, taking part in nothing but destruction and subjugation with the encouragement of media & technocrats, or even just general violence.. this is what will happen.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join