It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Shout Out to the Men of ATS & Request for Advise

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
I am a woman, and this is probably a bad idea, but trolling them until they bug off might be fun. Especially of you created a super crazy alter ego. And then you can update us with how insane you had to act for them to stop chatting.

I'm thinking Betty Butterfield.

HAHAHA, that video is hysterical!

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Change your screen name to happily married.

It’s too bad any person is so disrespected.

Get it all out front. Most people are just friendly.

I've done just that! Thanks for the suggestion. It may just be my answer!

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

LoL, but what if there's somebody out there just crazy enough to take me up on it!

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

LoL, but what if there's somebody out there just crazy enough to take me up on it!

Then run like hell.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

...while I reload!

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

I've been worrying about your situation.

My Son in law plays MMPRPG games. He has friends that he teams up with to do awesome quests. Random teams are rather unreliable.

Make a list of people you enjoy playing with.
Play with those people.
When someone PMs "Great move", try asking that person who they would recommend as good players.
Expand your list of chosen people to play with in that way.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

Make a list of people you enjoy playing with.
Play with those people.
When someone PMs "Great move", try asking that person who they would recommend as good players.
Expand your list of chosen people to play with in that way.

What an awesome idea I hadn't considered. Thank you so much!

I've been worrying about your situation.

I was touched by this. Honored & humbled by your consideration.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

You are welcome.

I was touched by this.

Shhhh! Our little secret.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Men are basically cowards.

If a guy starts chatting you up, stalk him, tell him you're looking for a daddy for your 5 kids and that the fathers are all in jail on meth.

I would also mention something briefly about a disfiguring chainsaw or blowtorch accident.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
One of my all time favorite ATS members, who was also a moderator, was Dr Love. He hasn't made a post here for about 9 years and I really miss him (among many others). He had a sense of humor which wasn't necessarily everyone's cup of tea, but I thought he was hilarious.

The point? His signature was, "If Ted Bundy was alive today, he'd be pickin' up chicks on the Internet".

And my advice is to heed the sage words of the Good Doctor. There's a whole lotta crazy out there, some of it is benign and some isn't.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Men are basically cowards.

If a guy starts chatting you up, stalk him, tell him you're looking for a daddy for your 5 kids and that the fathers are all in jail on meth.

I would also mention something briefly about a disfiguring chainsaw or blowtorch accident.

...that I "accidentally" inflicted on three of my previous boyfriends?

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
There's a whole lotta crazy out there, some of it is benign and some isn't.

For sure! I ain't looking for anything other than a worthy opponent to the game at hand. But your statement is spot on, nonetheless!

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow
I play World of Warcraft and one thing I've learned is to never reveal I'm female. If another player assumes I'm male, then I will not disabuse them of that notion. I see too many young girls who get highly offended if anyone calls them dude or bro and go off in chat about "I'm a GIRL." Then they get squicked out by the dudes who come out of the woodwork looking for a gamer girlfriend and complain about harassment.

I even tend to make male characters more often than female because of people who see a female avatar and make assumptions.

Really, just don't reveal your gender to strangers. There is nothing about Words with Friends that makes it necessary to disclose personal info.

In wow I ended up playing with mostly females.

Now that you brought it up, its probably because I was just friends and had zero interest in them that way. I was married at that time too.

I just played for fun and refused to use mods. I could heal or dps or tank like a pro and carry pretty much any newbs thru anything.

So I was a cool teammate and I'll get you thru stuff quickly without any dumb bs wipes lol.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Just don't say anything stupid. Works all the time.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I am glad you actually watched it. I wondered if anyone would take the time for Betty. She’s been a good friend to me whenever I needed to laugh.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Just following up on the situation with the particular guy who suggested we connect on zoom & exchange pics AFTER I told him I was married. My response and his response to that follows:

Me: With all due respect, I don't think what you're suggesting would be very respectful to my husband, do you? I enjoy playing Words With Friends with you. Can we just do that please?

Him: Understand dear it just that I don't get on here most time
But we can still chat whenever him is not around please?

Him after I ignored that: Hello are you there!

Seriously? I'll finish this match but I'll not play him again. Honesty got me nowhere with him. He must think a lot of himself if he thinks I will go behind my husband's back, who loves and trusts me, to build a relationship with him, an internet stranger after I told him flat out I only want to play the game. I can't even! Also, I'm NOT his "dear."

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Never get into negotiation.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Dammit. So upset I was on vacay and missed this thread.

What are you wearing right now, dear?

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

What I have learned is that those with no moral scruple think everyone else is the same as them. My exhusband was one of those people. Which is why he assumed any male I was friendly with was just trying to bed me. No way he could be an actual friend, who had no intention of anything else. "They all want the same thing".

It's total projection. And I don't know if people like that can be rehabilitated.

Good on you for being upfront. Try Betty Butterfield next time

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

All dudes know that it is absolute fact that women want them if they even so much as look in their general direction.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join