It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Shout Out to the Men of ATS & Request for Advise

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I just assume any female I meet on the internet is a dude. It keeps the creepy vibes at bay.

You know, someone else on page 1 suggested I pretend I'm a guy. Another person said utilize my sense of humor.
ATS, let's combine those and come up with some one-liners for creepy comment/questions.

Example:
"How did you sleep last night, dear?"
Retort: "Dude I'm not gay"

Your turn!!...

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Awesome Idea. I'll see if I can change it at this point. I've been playing for probably 5 years. This issue is only recently ramping up.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Your thread reminded of Battle.Net, and a bunch guys arguing about having girlfriends in real life, with a whole bunch of other derogatory remarks. I recall one player giving advise about women even.

Just ether be upfront, lie about certain details since we are not trying to hook up right, or hide the fact your a female like other posts.
edit on 28-8-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dfens

Rachael Dolezal hahaaa! 2nd.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Change your screen name to happily married.

It’s too bad any person is so disrespected.

Get it all out front. Most people are just friendly.

Hahahaha. I love it. Yes, be proactive even in a passive way if you cannot be assertive. Basically, the only two options if you want to solve the problem. Being assertive or passive aggressive, but do something.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I play World of Warcraft and one thing I've learned is to never reveal I'm female. If another player assumes I'm male, then I will not disabuse them of that notion. I see too many young girls who get highly offended if anyone calls them dude or bro and go off in chat about "I'm a GIRL." Then they get squicked out by the dudes who come out of the woodwork looking for a gamer girlfriend and complain about harassment.

I even tend to make male characters more often than female because of people who see a female avatar and make assumptions.

Really, just don't reveal your gender to strangers. There is nothing about Words with Friends that makes it necessary to disclose personal info.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

originally posted by: Metallicus
I just assume any female I meet on the internet is a dude. It keeps the creepy vibes at bay.

You know, someone else on page 1 suggested I pretend I'm a guy. Another person said utilize my sense of humor.
ATS, let's combine those and come up with some one-liners for creepy comment/questions.

Example:
Retort: "Dude I'm not gay"

Your turn!!...

Retort: "Terrible...I had a nightmare that some loser, dumbass named Johnnie E contacted me."

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

Heres some advice from a man....online socializing is not real....it is entertainment value fiction....until you choose to manifest it into reality offline.

We never really know who we are talking to.....until we make a choice to manifest fiction into reality....orr someone cyberstalks us and does it for us.

"How did you sleep last night.Dear?"......"Ok , its so quiet in my top Bunk after Lights-Out I always sleep well"

edit on 28-8-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I was a pervert one time but now, in my twilight years I'm just a jerk.

Tell the men you are a lesbian.
Then see how many women start hitting on you.

edit on 28-8-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   
What the hell is Facebook? Why is that a link?

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Why whould you say that? There's a reason why women don't like you.
edit on 28-8-2020 by Rekrul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I find it very odd tht you asked the guys for advice.

Women would be the ones with the answers.

I think you really like being hit on. Many married love the flattery.

Your avatar is very feminine and shy and pretty. You want attention.

I'm not one who would usually be this abrupt, but, honey, you love it.
edit on 28-8-2020 by Floridadreamin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   
This thread screams Andy from 'the office'

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Floridadreamin
He actually might be gay. Nothing wrong with that, but it screams troll too

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 04:39 AM
link   

You should humble yourself and realize that it's nothing personal - it's biological and everyone goes through it: especially females since most societies push males to make the first move. Just tell him "sorry, I'm not trying to hook up - I'm only here to play this game. If you don't want to play anymore, I understand." and then let him leave if he only wanted to play in order to have a chance to talk to you. And if he continues after you say that you're not looking to hookup then just say something "don't harass me - either chill with that # or we aren't playing anymore." And if he gets rude then still don't get offended cause it's not personal - it's just his bruised ego and you can laugh or shrug it off as the stupid animal behavior that it is.

Basically just step outside of your emotions and look at it like biology and then you can maybe even enjoy it for how humorous/peculiar it is.
edit on 8/29/2020 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Floridadreamin
I find it very odd tht you asked the guys for advice.

Women would be the ones with the answers.

I think you really like being hit on. Many married love the flattery.

Your avatar is very feminine and shy and pretty. You want attention.

I'm not one who would usually be this abrupt, but, honey, you love it.

You're very much entitled to your opinion, Floridadreamin. But in the end, that's all it is. You can take my post at face value or you can surmise an alternate motive for my post, one that paints me as attention-seeking and manipulative.

I, alone, know how I feel. I can't make you believe me, I can only ask you to consider my post at face value to form your response. Anything else is 'not helpful' but hey it's a free country and you can certainly think/say what you want.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rekrul
This thread screams Andy from 'the office'

LoL, what do you mean? I love The Office but I don't get the connection.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

For sure I know it's nothing personal. Just really tiresome and annoying when I just want to have a worthy opponent at Scrabble, full stop. I've taken someone's advice from an earlier page of this thread, and changed my name to "Happily Married." Let's see if that helps. Damn I just wish they'd save this # for OKCupid or Tinder, lol. I just want to focus on the game.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

"How did you sleep last night.Dear?"......"Ok , its so quiet in my top Bunk after Lights-Out I always sleep well"

That's a good one! How about:

"How did you sleep last night.Dear?"......"Not so well, my wife has the flu"
(Then I'm either Lesbian or a man.)

"How did you sleep last night.Dear?"......"Fine , after my great grandson finally posted bail!"
(Then I'm like 92 or something.)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Men are basically cowards.

If a guy starts chatting you up, stalk him, tell him you're looking for a daddy for your 5 kids and that the fathers are all in jail on meth.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join