It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Shout Out to the Men of ATS & Request for Advise

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: muzzleflash

Jesus Muzzy, on what side of who's bed did you wake up today?

I'm in great mood today, I watched some lectures on history and have kicked multiple asses completely so far.

Yesterday I was in a bad spot. I actually felt hateful inside. I used the excuse that others actions drove me mad (politics) but after repenting of my anger and hate and seeking God's help I overcame it. Took all day tho.

What I said in this thread definitely needed to be said.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

"All problems come from the mind and all solutions come from the Heart"
- Albert Einstein

Debunk me.
Explain how this problem of yours isnt entirely your own creation (because you lack strong ethics).

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Don't hold your breath. Tell people how you feel. youtu.be...
edit on 28-8-2020 by Rekrul because: (no reason given)
too bad it's a Double song.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Rekrul

The Emperor has no cloths...

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Just a mind to speak.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Rekrul

I rarely ever use divination anymore though it works so well...

Anyways I drew 1 card today just now.

My Q "What does the OP see me as in this scolding?"

Answer: The Judgement card.

Now thats auspicious!

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Who do you think you you are? a reply to: muzzleflash

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Disclaimer "my opinions are based on megadeth lyrics". No harm intended. Just jovial real people.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

This is chit chat. Have respect for them forum.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rekrul

This is chit chat. Have respect for them forum.

This is how I generally chit chat...

People should appreciate a challenge more often.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I appreciate your candor. It’s the internet. Just dont take the bait or interact with sh*t people that offend you. It sucks but that’s the deal, that is life. I think you are correct.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I know it must feel terrible to deal with me. But it's going to be ok. We live we learn hopefully we get better.

I'm looking out for your interests. You don't need to struggle with all this.

But the roots are deep. It will take time to sort yourself out.

Your words are a manifestation of your internal self and in order for me to get you to reevaluate yourself from top to bottom is to rock the boat.

Sure you despising me is a risk but Im not worried. I know you won't.

It's gonna be ok.
All you gotta do is cut straight thru the bs till you find the core. Then fix it.

You'll do great.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

If you watched that and found it amusing, there are several more "confessions" from Betty Butterfield. I have very much enjoyed having her in my life.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
Sadly a lot of women experience this because there’s a lot of sad lonely desperate men out there who don’t get any attention from women so the minute one is the least bit nice to them they misconstrue this as attraction.

My advice is to either not let them know your female, make it clear that your here only to play the game, or outright ignore them completely. Anyone who persists after that is showing major red flags.

In conclusion- what are you wearing?
Sorry, maybe a bad joke considering

This post is an example of Sexism and Bias.

People treat women this way all the time.

Step#1 Take sides
Step #2 Condemn others but cheer on the subject
Step #3 Ignore root problems entirely and offer band aids
Step#4 Win appreciation from subject

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

I appreciate your candor. It’s the internet. Just dont take the bait or interact with sh*t people that offend you. It sucks but that’s the deal, that is life. I think you are correct.

Let me tell you a big fact I've learned.

People have no true respect for BS although they pretend to.

The OP here will find a lot of respect for me standing up and saying Stop It.

May take a few days to sink in tho.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

Men are assholes...especially on the internet, as to why here's different, dunno, never really thought about it.

As for advice, other than specifically ignoring people that act like that I'm not sure what you can do. If the game has some kind of report system use that....otherwise, to be honest, just rude and tell them to # off. What they're doing is rude as hell, they don't deserve politeness in return.

And # em, they make men look bad in general and give validation to all the over the top PC crap. And yeah, just about every girl I know, friends, my girlfriend, my sister, they've all had to deal with that garbage...guys that pull that # don't deserve politeness or respect in return.

Lmfao

Men are assholes?
And women are just so kind huh?

Ask yourself, why are you programmed to be bias against yourself in order to win the good graces of someone who cannot see you as a human being with equal rights and responsibilities?

It's like this hardwired "oh I'll take you baby" attitude many men have with random women complaining about men.

On the internet it's less pronounced than in real life. In real life ppl get super manipulative about it.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The real question is, how much does this happen in real life though..

It's the internet.. just block em and go on with your day. It's what I do to all the rabid females on the internet that try and hit on me all the time.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rekrul
Just be yourself. You don't want to be with anyone you can't connect with. Just do it. Sometimes you fail sometimes you win. All of this is up to you, and how you want to live.
Nobody wants to be with anyone who is a liar, and a faker.

Yeah, that's just it. The only person I want to be with is my husband. It's not a dating site. It's an only "Scrabble" type game, where the opponent can send you a message during the course of the game (which may last a week or more.) Just like Scrabble, you alternate turns, and use your letter tiles to make words on a shared board, connecting to existing words and trying to get a high-scoring word on each play, by playing your word on tiles that double or triple the point value of a letters/word when possible.

I played Scrabble as a child with my dad and sisters. It's literally online Scrabble with a stranger, save for the random few people IRL I know that play it. I've never initiated a chat with anyone. Other women only occasionally send me a msg, like "nice play" or "good game." Men who are there to play the game may say "Hello, where are you playing from" and we get that sorted with a "good luck" and then just play the game. A growing number of men will follow those pleasantries up with "So what do you do for a living?" (innocuous, right? And I do not mind telling them I'm a retired school counselor, and it's interesting to know the location and career/knowledge-base of my opponent.) Most who ask that second question turn out to be more interested in the chat feature than the actual game. It's as annoying as it is disappointing. They sometimes resign (quit the match) when I tell them I'm married, and I'm half "good riddance" and half "dammit I was winning!"

Maybe I should have put this in rant, lol! I appreciate you weighing in-- I just wanted to clarify how the game experience is laid out. And figure out how to put a stop to annoying dialogue without being an a$$!

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I just assume any female I meet on the internet is a dude. It keeps the creepy vibes at bay.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Change your screen name to happily married.

It’s too bad any person is so disrespected.

Get it all out front. Most people are just friendly.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join