It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Network Edit Oooops - Reveals Anomaly in Space

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: nataylor
Found the source:

Excellent!! That’s Awesome.... it’s somewhat of a hmmmmmm

So there is background music during the object scene...then it changes scene and continues. There are points where the audio of vocals by the astronauts is heard ... buuuuut nobody mentions the object...... much like move along nothing to see here or if I had a dime for everything time I seen one or ya seen one, ya seen them all etc cliches The End.

What the......

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Maybe it's not an object.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82
That’s an extrusive stratospheric cloud weasel caught in an orbital vortex created by the center of a hurricane and funneled through our atmosphere by the pull of the moons gravity.

You may be partially correct. It's likely that Earth's atmosphere allows escape of naturally occurring terrestrial phenomenon.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I’ll err on side of object (solid in appearance), until proven otherwise ....

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   
You know, it looks like a meteor trail. Obviously too high up, but I have observed small meteors zip by in a wide field telescope while looking at moon and planets. The trails last for a few seconds and immediately start to distort and curl up due to extremely high altitude atmospheric winds which are chaotic.

The ends of the 'swizzles' are faint as you would expect fade in and fade out of small meteoroids.

Anyway, that is what it looks like, but there is no air up there....

edit on 29-8-2020 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1

I’ll err on side of object (solid in appearance), until proven otherwise ....

What a surprise.

Have you ever met a "UFO" you didn't like?

edit on 8/29/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Well as mentioned in the first post.... I’m all eyes. What’s your opinion of what it is? All posts are welcomed.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   

What’s your opinion of what it is?
An image artifact perhaps. Hard to say.

Perhaps, if there are other frames and more information, there would be more to be learned.

However, "UFO hunter" types seem to thrive in the absence of information rather than its presence.

edit on 8/30/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

What’s your opinion of what it is?
An image artifact perhaps. Hard to say.

Perhaps, if there are other frames and more information, there would be more to be learned.

However, "UFO hunter" types seem to thrive in the absence of information rather than its presence.

Perhaps these are image artifacts or reflections or just WKW’s (who know’s what) from the same NASA Video posted earlier...

edit on 30-8-2020 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 12:44 AM
link   

from the same NASA posted earlier...

I know of only one NASA.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
The ends of the 'swizzles' are faint as you would expect fade in and fade out of small meteoroids.

Anyway, that is what it looks like, but there is no air up there....
There is a very, very, very thin atmosphere for low earth orbits which density varies depending on altitude, but I don't know how a meteoroid would interact to produce such a trail at such an altitude. I thought it might be a reflection looking at a still, but after watching the following video, I don't think it's a reflection, it does look like some kind of trail:

originally posted by: nataylor
Found the source:

The camera is moving toward the "trail" if that's what it is, and the angle changes suggesting the trail is possibly roughly parallel to Earth's surface, like an orbit. Unfortunately, an edit in that video prevents us from getting a better look at the "trail" as the camera gets closer to it. There's probably more video somewhere without the unfortunate edit, which would provide a better look at it as the camera continues to get closer, which would also give a better indication of the altitude of the "trail" relative to the spacecraft. So where is an "unedited" video? I don't know, that's what we should be looking at though.

If a meteoroid wouldn't cause a trail at that altitude, what could?
Some kind of liquid or gas that could freeze when expelled from an orbiting spacecraft, to form crystals.
That source video is a compilation which still doesn't give dates or times, but if you knew that and wanted to figure out what could leave a trail you could check logs for anything expelled from the ISS or any other spacecraft docked with it like a supply craft.

If it was something expelled by the ISS, how could the ISS be moving toward it? When expelled, it would be moving at roughly the same orbital velocity as the ISS, but I think drag from the thin atmosphere would cause the small particles to slow down relatively more than the massive ISS, and eventually you could possibly have a lapping situation where what was behind you is now in front of you. If hours elapsed between the trail forming and that video of it, that could also allow for some small distortion of the "trail", since we see it's not perfectly straight anymore. While the altitude of the "trail" is ambiguous because of the "bad edit", it does look like the ISS is heading exactly in the direction of the "trail". That may or may not be a coincidence but it's one of the things that leads me to suspect a "lapping" ISS ejecting something that left a trail, as a possible cause.

I saw this article about the ISS dumping hydrogen for example, I don't know if that can temporarily form hydrogen ice or not or how long it could last. The shuttle was famous for urine dumps (or should I say infamous, since those sometimes cause "UFO reports"), but the ISS doesn't perform urine dumps, and did the ISS have 4k cameras while shuttles were still in service? I would guess not, so I'd guess the "trail" if that's what it is, would have to come from something other than a shuttle.

Housed in one rack instead of the two required for the water recycler, the oxygen producer splits the oxygen and hydrogen molecules in water and sends the oxygen into the space station as breathable air. The hydrogen is now dumped overboard. However, another process is under development that will combine the hydrogen with other chemicals that react with each other and produce more water.

If anybody finds an unedited video, please post the link. That should give more clues than the edited video posted by nataylor.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Here’s why I think it’s exhaust from the rocket engine of a spacecraft. Here’s a photo taken by Christina Koch last September showing the launch of Soyuz MS-15:

twitter.com...

It’s very similar. Remove the spacecraft with the engine actually firing and give it some time for the gases to dissipate and the ISS to move further away and I think you’d get a nearly identical image.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Here’s why I think it’s exhaust from the rocket engine of a spacecraft. Here’s a photo taken by Christina Koch last September showing the launch of Soyuz MS-15:

twitter.com...

It’s very similar. Remove the spacecraft with the engine actually firing and give it some time for the gases to dissipate and the ISS to move further away and I think you’d get a nearly identical image.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: nataylor
That's certainly possible. We know the ISS periodically receives supplies so it could be the remnants of rocket exhaust from whatever spacecraft delivered the supplies. Again it would be helpful to know details like the date/time so we could see if a recent supply mission might be a possible cause.
Maybe there was even an unrelated rocket launch, but in that case it would seem like a coincidence that the ISS is on a heading right toward the "trail".

I'm not sure if the photo you linked to is really that similar though. If the appearance was similar earlier, and you wait for the gases to dissipate, why did they all dissipate but that one little section? I don't think that rules out rocket exhaust, but it's something I'm not sure how to explain.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Think about the geometry. Just because the splotch is above the visual horizon, this does NOT mean it's higher than the ISS. Unlike down here on Earth where the horizon line [say, on the flat ocean] is essentially on the same level as the observer, at orbital altitudes the visible Earth horizon is significantly LOWER than the observer -- for satellites like the ISS it can be 20 to 30 degrees lower. Do the math.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Here’s a possible starting date, if anything, at least the year..see caption left of astronauts picture .....for you seasoned vid hunters of the 4K UHD video’s public introduction in which to start possibly a search for the raw vid if available and accessible in NASA’s database, collections, archives, etc. Happy Hunting!

edit on 30-8-2020 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

After watching it on a 32 in monitor its a reflection in the window. if you look carefully it changes shape in the video and actually shrinks.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

After watching it on a 32 in monitor its a reflection in the window. if you look carefully it changes shape in the video and actually shrinks.
I thought it might be a reflection at first, from looking at the still frame, but when I watched the video, it looked to me like the "shrinking" was caused by a change in perspective in this "not to scale" sketch from point 1 to point 2, which only makes it appear to shrink, when looking at it more edge on.

I don't know if the altitude is above or below the ISS orbit, so that part is a guess but it would appear to shrink either way. If the scene didn't abruptly cut away before the camera got closer, I suspect we would be able to tell if it's above or below the shuttle orbit, or maybe even close to it as I tried to draw. I suspect there's more "footage" out there when the camera gets closer, but I don't know how to find it.

I suppose a reflection isn't completely ruled out, but this external trail seems more likely to me now.

edit on 2020830 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 02:02 AM
link   
The mystery gets deeper......did anyone catch this?

Once again in the blink of an eye.....is this a glitch, of camera lenses, camera switching off, reflections of iss viewing portal, editing transition....etc? Or something else other than trails? And I might add...as best as I can zoom in on the iPad mini, it’s not looking like shrinking....it looks to be slowly rotating and folding in..

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1
The mystery gets deeper......did anyone catch this?

Once again in the blink of an eye.....is this a glitch, of camera lenses, camera switching off, reflections of iss viewing portal, editing transition....etc?
Editing transition.

Or something else other than trails? And I might add...as best as I can zoom in on the iPad mini, it’s not looking like shrinking....it looks to be slowly rotating and folding in..
My illustration shows what I think is happening with a change in perspective, but I'd like to see the additional "footage" after that edit, to confirm.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join