It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'It's chaos': Postal workers say mail still backlogged, despite DeJoy's promises

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

In Chicago, postal employees say backlogged mail is stacked so high in some facilities that workers barely have space to walk by. In Albuquerque, New Mexico, mail handlers tell NBC News first class and priority mail is still running several days a week behind schedule on average

'It's chaos': Postal workers say mail still backlogged, despite DeJoy's promises

Wow!

Now what?

If money isn't the problem, throwing another $25 Billion at it won't solve the problem.

Any ideas folks?

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

Considering DeJoy said they would not reinstall any removed sorting machines and had them destroyed instead of reselling them to another source, this seems like it will continue unfortunately.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Once the delivery part of the mail system gets delayed for even a couple days, the entire system gets backed up.
That’s because the mail never stops, it’s an around the clock process.
Last year when we shut down the delivery for 2 days in the Midwest because of the below 0 temps, It was a complete disaster.
The mail kept coming in from the plants and we had to deliver 3 days worth of mail in 1 day.
That’s why Monday’s are usually the heaviest mail day for the PO.....because no mail on Sunday and you are delivering 2 days worth on Monday.
With Convid, all offices and plants are short staffed so that adds to the delays.
It’s got nothing to do with this guy DeJoy or Trump, no matter what the deranged Leftists try to tell you.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   
So is it only due to covid precautions?
a reply to: RazorV66

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Once the delivery part of the mail system gets delayed for even a couple days, the entire system gets backed up.
Last year when we shut down the delivery for 2 days in the Midwest because of the below 0 temps, It was a complete disaster.
The mail kept coming in from the plants and we had to deliver 3 days worth of mail in 1 day.
That’s why Monday’s are usually the heaviest mail day for the PO.....because no mail on Sunday and you are delivering 2 days worth on Monday.
With Convid, all offices and plants are short staffed so that adds to the delays.
It’s got nothing to do with this guy DeJoy or Trump, no matter what the deranged Leftists try to tell you.

Thanks for the info!!

It's great to hear from someone that's directly in the trenches, and therefore knows what the hell he's talking about!

We need a lot more of that and a lot less "opinions" in my...umm...opinion.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
A safe assumption is this is a rigged "report" and rigged "comments".

The only problem at the USPS is the slow-down of the payoffs and money funnel laundering. 😃

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
So is it only due to covid precautions?

In my opinion, yes.
But again I don’t work at a sorting plant, I can only go by what I hear.
Being short staffed on carriers is a killer and usually the hiring process takes 2 to 3 months.
So if they realized that Covid was hurting them back in May and tried to hire new CCAs or RCAs, those new people are just coming aboard now or have only just started.
And the break-in period for new carriers to get a firm grasp on being able to do the job usually takes 30-60 days, so the PO will be feeling the effect for many months.
Being this swamped with work, many CCAs will not stay either because as a new person they bear the brunt of the work because of the bullsh!t seniority based system.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Seems pretty clear mail in voting is not going to be feasible this year.

Knowing the post office, and the government, they should start now on the 2024 election if they even want a chance at mass mail in voting.

Or, they could just outsource it to a real company like Fedex or DHL for half the cost.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

Thanks for the info!!

It's great to hear from someone that's directly in the trenches, and therefore knows what the hell he's talking about!

I am off right now on medical leave not related to Covid but I worked through the beginning of it until June.
It was a complete disaster, Everyday was like holiday time and it’s worse now I am hearing.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Thanks for the info!!

I am off right now on medical leave not related to Covid but I worked through the beginning of it until June.
It was a complete disaster, Everyday was like holiday time and it’s worse now I am hearing.

It's not just the post office either.... The private parcel companies are reporting peak level volumes.

They can handle that a bit differently, especially given the timing right now moving into holiday season. When I worked for one of the private companies, we hired seasonal help and rented extra vehicles to handle the influx, so now they'll just be doing that earlier.

Not sure if USPS has a similar approach, but they need to figure something out. Many people would say private is the way to go, and maybe that rings true on parcels, but simple mail is extremely expensive compared to the postal service.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Watch Amazon start shipping out free gifts just to gum it up a bit more

ETA Just to point out the OBVIOUS

Postal carriers union endorses Biden, warns that 'survival' of USPS is at stake

Enough Said about the constant whining I'd say

This isn't just FAKE news but also an in your face/plain sight tactic - This is Political warfare - Brought to you by the Postal Union

edit on 8282020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

The problem with that, FedEx or DHL would take the billion dollar contract and then turn around and dump it right back onto USPS as the subsidized Post Office is always cheaper than doing it themselves. FedEx gets paid from a big contract, hands it off to USPS and FedEx gets paid again thru massive discounts for doing business with USPS who ends up paying the contract, still delivering the mail losing money and paying out millions in OT to unionized employees who are not beholden to either contract but the collective bargaining contract they signed.

And we are right back where we started with piled up junk mail that all enjoys a big discount, most of which is political junk from the idiots in Congress that made sure they get free mail a long time ago. The Post Office was never meant to be a profitable entity but considering that the majority of mail is bulk junk, and likely cost are 3 times more than what’s charged for First Class, it’s time to downsize. People don’t have an issue protesting there should be no issue picking up a ballot and delivering it themselves, a twofer type of protest, vote their consciousness while driving to the nightly riot

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
a reply to: jjkenobi

The problem with that, FedEx or DHL would take the billion dollar contract and then turn around and dump it right back onto USPS as the subsidized Post Office is always cheaper than doing it themselves. FedEx gets paid from a big contract, hands it off to USPS and FedEx gets paid again thru massive discounts for doing business with USPS who ends up paying the contract, still delivering the mail losing money and paying out millions in OT to unionized employees who are not beholden to either contract but the collective bargaining contract they signed.

And we are right back where we started with piled up junk mail that all enjoys a big discount, most of which is political junk from the idiots in Congress that made sure they get free mail a long time ago. The Post Office was never meant to be a profitable entity but considering that the majority of mail is bulk junk, and likely cost are 3 times more than what’s charged for First Class, it’s time to downsize. People don’t have an issue protesting there should be no issue picking up a ballot and delivering it themselves, a twofer type of protest, vote their consciousness while driving to the nightly riot

Sounds to me like they just need to raise rates under they are proper sized.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

In Chicago, postal employees say backlogged mail is stacked so high in some facilities that workers barely have space to walk by. In Albuquerque, New Mexico, mail handlers tell NBC News first class and priority mail is still running several days a week behind schedule on average

Wow!

Now what?

If money isn't the problem, throwing another $25 Billion at it won't solve the problem.

Any ideas folks?

Call in the National Guards?

Mail used to be sorted by hand, before there were machines.

If there are too few carriers to deliver the mail, it wouldn’t take much training to teach a soldier how to put a letter or a package in the box at the right address.

A functional, and functioning, postal service is vital to the economic survival of the Nation, any circumstance that threatens the ability of the USPS to carry out its mission, by extension, threatens the Nation.

Call out the Guards!

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   
As long as it takes till the end of January some people will be just fine with it.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
thank you for the response

Its interesting how the MSM likes to brainwash people for a purely 'progressive' ie globalist cause.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Ever walk by a 53 foot long semi trailer? Got any idea how many pieces of mail one can hold? Did you know that 20-30 of them an hour can be unloaded at a bulk mail facility?

That a letter can be mailed and ever make it to your house is a modern miracle. Especially if you consider how poor some people’s handwriting is.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Ever walk by a 53 foot long semi trailer? Got any idea how many pieces of mail one can hold? Did you know that 20-30 of them an hour can be unloaded at a bulk mail facility?

That a letter can be mailed and ever make it to your house is a modern miracle. Especially if you consider how poor some people’s handwriting is.

I never said it would be easy, I just suggested a way that might be possible.

Doing something Constructive is always better than wringing one’s hands and lamenting that nothing can be done.

Or blaming someone else for not doing what you think should be done.

ETA:

Actually I have, and I do.

I used to work for my State’s tax board, at the central office in fact.

Every year, convoys of semis would roll up to our receiving docks to unload millions of tax returns.

Did you know that the annual tax return for a multinational corporation like Apple, Westinghouse, General Electric, or Haliburton (before such returns were filed electronically) could each take up an entire semi trailer?

Been there, seen that.
edit on 28-8-2020 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
As an outsider, who orders stuff from the US, last 3-4 months been a real bitch getting things delivered, 6 weeks or more. I'm done buying stuff from the US.

Shipping companies like UPS, etc just rip us off so thats a no go.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I used to haul to bulk mail facilities. On the rare light, multi-stop loads to individual post offices, I had the fun job of hand sorting unwrapped pallets if someone didn’t do their job at the plant. One pallet was a PITA and could take 30 minutes...the whole truck...I’d quit hand sorting that.

<<   2 >>

join