It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Don't Wanna Die!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Of course I don't. Of course you don't. No one wants to die. As the old saying goes, there's no future in it.

But that's what I am hearing lately, from people of all walks of life. People are afraid of dying from the Kung Flu. People are afraid of dying from a violent mob. People are afraid of dying from a cop with a gun. That's what it all comes down to... and it's what most of our political arguments come down to. People do not want to die.

So, in that spirit, I would like to offer some advice.

First of all, quit worrying about it constantly. I have news for everyone reading this: you will die. It's gonna happen. No one gets to skip that part of life. Some of us will get there sooner than others. It sucks, but no one can change it. So read the rest of my suggestions to maybe not speed that unpleasant occurrence up, and learn to live. There is a lot, and I mean a LOT more to living than not dying.

Second of all, look around. Yeah, I said it, just look around. That phone in your hand is not your world. Lost in daydreams is no way to go through life. There are things happening around you that might be important. Don't miss them. If you are walking along and see this long stretch of asphalt with big machines moving up and down it at high speed, look down it each way and see if one of those big machines is going to get in your way before you step on it. The big machine might not stop. If some dude is screaming with a gun in their hand, go the other way. If there's an unruly group of people ahead of you, maybe you should think about being somewhere else.

Oh, but many will say "it's my right to be here!" or "It's my right to cross the street in this crosswalk!" Sure is. I'm not going to stop you. But that right is not body armor. It will not stop the semi from turning your body into a greasy spot. It will not stop some fool bent on causing trouble to be unable to hit you with the blunt force object of their choosing. So, yeah, I know it sucks, but if someone does not want to die they should watch their surroundings and take actions accordingly.

Now let's talk about respect for others. You see, we all got about the same general type of body issued to us at birth. The thing that will kill you will probably kill me too, and vice versa. Most people are decent enough to understand that there is something inherently wrong with just killing others, so most people will not do things to you that will likely kill you unless you do things to them that will likely kill them. So the trick here is to not do things to others (or threaten to do things to others) that will likely kill them. That might make those others try to kill you back. They might even succeed.

That goes for being sick, too. We all know there is this thing called "sick." Sometimes people get so sick they die. So maybe, if you feel sick today, you shouldn't get too close to other people. That used to, believe it or not, be expected. If I was sick but still had to be around other people, I would tell them I was sick and warn them to not get too close to me. After all, they might not be looking at what is around them.

The cops are a special case of this. Now, what i am about to say is probably going to sounds crazy at first, but hear me out: there are these things called "laws." They are rules people are not supposed to break. Yeah, I know, sounds crazy, but they actually exist! Most of them are pretty reasonable. They are things like "don't beat up people and take their stuff," or "don't set things on fire that aren't yours"... stuff like that. The reason cops exist is because people sometimes break those rules. The cops' job is to stop people from breaking the laws.

I know, it's getting complicated, but I promise it's not made up.

So when you see a cop, you should remember that one of those laws is that people are not supposed to hurt cops. Actually, people are not supposed to hurt any other people, but there's a special law just for cops. If you do something that could hurt a cop, you are probably going to be caught doing it since the cop is right there and it's his job to stop you. Since cops are people too, cops don't want to die any more than you do. Cops also carry things around that can kill you. They probably won't use them on you unless you try to hurt them, so it's best to not try to hurt them.

Sometimes a cop will find you doing something that breaks a law. That does not mean they want to kill you. They just want to stop you from breaking the laws. When that happens, it is a good idea to stop breaking the law. It might sound reasonable to try and stop the cop from trying to stop you from breaking the law, but it's not. The cop can call in more cops and they can kill you. Remember, the whole idea is to not get killed, right? You do that by stopping what you are doing and not making the cop think he needs to kill you. It's also a good idea to not be holding a weapon. If you are, it's best to drop it, step away from it, and hold your hands up so the cop can see you are not trying to hurt him.

I told you it would sound crazy.

I'm seeing people do a lot of things that will make them get killed and they seem to do these things because they don't want to get killed. That is what some of us call "stupid." Stupid is not a good thing. It is a very bad thing. One should always try to not be stupid. It's usually OK if you slip up and be stupid from time to time, but too much is a very bad thing. Sometimes being too stupid can even get you killed. So you should always try to not be stupid. If a lot of people are telling you that you are being stupid, it's probably a good idea to stop doing what you are doing. You know, just to be sure.

Here's a short list of things that are stupid. It doesn't include everything, but if you see yourself doing some of these things, please stop. You're being stupid.
  • Playing in a street while traffic is trying to get through.
  • Asking people to shoot you because they have a gun.
  • Trying to beat people up because you're angry.
  • Fighting with one or more cops.
  • Pointing a gun at someone to scare them.
  • Calling other people names because you don't like them.
  • Taking things that do not belong to you.
  • Destroying things that do not belong to you (this includes setting them on fire).
  • Throwing things at people.
  • Sticking your tongue in an electrical socket.
  • Eating things which are not food (even if someone on YouTube did it).
  • Jumping into a fire.
  • Jumping off things that are really high.
  • Trying to pet most wild animals.
  • Standing in front of heavy equipment that is running.
I know all these things sound like fun, but they can all get you killed. So if you really don't want to die, try your best to not do them.

This Public Service Message brought to you by the Americans for Stopping Stupid Stuff Organization (ASSSO).

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Well said, but does agreeing with you make me an ASSSO?

We're being led by the nose, old man. We're being socially engineered. Just look at the mask issues, Covid, and how the media, all media, is in on it.

A quote I enjoy deploying is this;

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Enjoy the ride, we're only here for a short time, I want my legacy to be one where I'm remembered for making people smile.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Its nature, except when you gave up

Animals like humans will sacrifice if needed, but they will bite if you kill them for the fun of it

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

*Reads Redneck's common sense words...pulls hand back from attempting to pet wild, rabid, badger*

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Report to mods

this O P needs to be a sticky

about death.....read about the rapture in scripture....i was in agony at the age of 19......found my remedy when i read those words....we shall not all die........no more agony.......that was 1975

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Our whole culture's built around an obsessive fear of death. It drives everything. Everyone needs to be safe and comfortable, never experience anything troubling or negative. They live.in.constant feat and denial of inevitable death. Never thinking about it or contemplating it, never accepting it or coming to terms with it. Everything in our culture revolves even having to think about the idea of it. Our society has invented so many euphemisms just to avoid saying the word death.

Billions of dollars are spent by eugenicists, er sorry, transhumanists..uhh I dunno whatever they call themselves now to avoid it being obvious what they are, on research to extend human life as long as possible. All because they can't handle the idea of not existing.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Welcome to ASSSO, brother.

I want my legacy to be that I saved people form sticking their tongues into electrical outlets.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

My work here is done. Wise choice.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Welcome to ASSSO, brother.

I want my legacy to be that I saved people form sticking their tongues into electrical outlets.

TheRedneck

*starts sticking tongue in socket and pauses *

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

It has been said: "A coward dies a thousand deaths; a brave man only one."

I have always believed that, but never as much as I believe it now.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Don't be a legacy-killer.

Legacy Lives Matter!

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Very well said. It cant be any more clear for these people...

Entitlement will destroy us all

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I know it seems simple, but so many people seem to not be able to absorb it. Perhaps we need larger clue bats?

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
We live in a culture of fear and entitlement. A very bad combination for a civilization and it's only going to get worse.

I have looked death in the face many times and didn't even realize how close it was. One day at a time for this old drunk...Living the dream!!
edit on 28-8-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

The older one gets the more I believe there is an acceptence that death is

inevitable ........I think any fear is in the manner in which it happens.

It is my experience that it rarely happens as we see in films a comfortable

last gasp in bed.

There in lies the fear.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Meanwhile...

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
There’s an old saying in the military,

“Embrace the suck.”

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Im repainting my entire house. It has tons of moulding. My girl has me painting two rooms two different colors white. Including the killz that is three shades of white. So far the first room has taken 4 coats and touch ups.

I actually kinda of want to die

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Hey, I have looked back on my youth many times and tried to figure out how I managed to survive stuff. I'm a redneck, remember? As in, "Hey, y'all, watch this!" or "Hold my beer."

And yet, I'm still here. At least I think I am... could be in a coma somewhere dreaming for all I really know...

If there's hope for a redneck, there's hope for everyone!

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I am the no one that wants to die.

Hello, nice to meet you.

I am more excited about my own death, than anything else in this world.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join