It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jacob Blake was justifiably shot by police

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: bigsnowman

the thing is, everyone knows race is usually a strawman argument. The real racists are so far racist that calling other people racists isn't even close ,and a step farther, calling everyone a racist just gives the real racists an ear of what to avoid and how to continue existing.

edit on 28-8-2020 by akiros because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

The true purpose of this thread is to get more trigger itchin racists ok with firing multiple shots into people.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

DAMN. GAME OVER!

am I right?

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

But we can find example of white folks being killed by cops unnecessarily too. The dude playing video games in his home a couple weeks ago. That dude laying face down in a hotel hallway a couple years ago. There are more.

I can tell you 3 things that reduce police violence, while increase freedom and liberty for everyone:

- Make no knock warrants illegal
- end civil asset forfeiture
- legalise marijuana at the federal level

This is what you need to be talking about. The cops...they are just the pointy end of a stick. Its the stick you need to complaina bout. If you do that...you soon realize the Democrats keep voting in laws that reduce your personal freedom. But your problem is with legislators, not cops.

Man, you and I are closer than you think. Have you paid any attention to the protests over the past few months, or just what the media and ATS tell you? I'm not trying to argue I'm trying to show you that people literally are talking about those 3 things, it isn't just blah blah blah all cops bad. We are more in agreement than we realize

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

The true purpose of this thread is to get more trigger itchin racists ok with firing multiple shots into people.

You're not a very smart poster.

Gaslighting isn't an argument. Try again.
edit on 8 28 2020 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ByteChanger

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: ByteChanger

You mean the part where he looked up for a split second because one of the bystanders was coming up on him and then looked back at Blake?

Damn that lack of tunnel vision and ability to maintain situational awareness

Why did you omit the part where he "fired his weapon while looking away".

That was kinda my point...

Because you already said it. Did you need me to repeat it so you remembered it or something? All I did was fill in the rest of what was happening, which for some reason you left out in your effort to make it sound like he was counting clouds while shooting.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

The moment looting and rioting happened, I tuned out.

Then I saw the manifesto from BLM, and realized its not about black people. Its about "woke" culture and intersectionalism. Most black people I know have no interest in aligning themselves with, and hitching their carts to, the LGBTQ folks. BLM did that. Then I saw where the money from BLM was going: the DNC. From that point on, it all looked like a charade put on by the DNC to win an election.

Sure, it may be bastardization of the original intent of the movement. But then you have Shawn King and the utter stupidity that comes falling out of his mouth on a regular basis, and it only reaffirms to me that BLM is a political movement not meant to lift up all black people.

I look at Kenosha and see all the black owned businesses set ablaze, leaving black people desitute. I see BLM pulling nonsense like accosting Rand Paul demanding him to say Breonne Taylors name, despite the fact that he AUTHORED the Justice for Breonne act. Actions out of ignorance, following fingers pointed yelling "GO". That is all i see. A bunch of kids following the fads of instagram.

If the folks supporting the movement want to get my attention again, they need to look back at how their grandfathers and great grandfathers did it. Nonviolence created the equality we have today. Violence will only tear it back down.

So, while I may agree in principle with some items on an agenda, i will not support that agenda as it is being pursued by people who have interests in violence and mayhem, not peace and prosperity.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

it's true too, there is good going on at protests, but the MSM absolutely will NOT cover it.
If anyone can answer, how much coverage did the day time protesting get? Because BY FAR that was when it was safest to protest.

--- (end of reply to bigsnowman) ---

I went to a protest with my girlfriend at the time just because I didnt want to sit home and feel worried about her all night. I couldnt find anything on the internet news sites relative to what was going on after getting home. Just the highlights of the worst parts.

IT IS BEYOND STRANGE to go out into the air of the world to come back and feel like the NEWS; get this, the 'new's; just feels OLD and outdated, like reading the same book over and over again. The truth is that most people really are at home watching TV, maybe. Theyre trying to make pop songs, essentially[sic]; not trying to report the news with integrity. I hope that in the future if we have actual good news reporting we can look back at this time as the time when it was a big joke, and move forward, and have this time for our records. Because I dont think news reform is going to happen any time soon.

When they have a proven formula that works, cater to the higher percentage that put the money in their pockets, they dont have to change, so they wont change. The same entertainment companies have been in business since the inception of television.

I want to be for it, honestly, but the river is just really damn strong, and there were a LOT of useful idiots out there just looking to have an opportunity to get back at cops and yell at them for how theyve felt in the past when the sun went down.

Philosophically, ya gotta lead by example.

It is the densest form of irony to have experienced everything first hand then come home to the internet warriors are just regurgitating their sonnets when I had seen the world with my own eyes or something. And yep, I sure have assumed at from all the items on the growing list of cliches. I really dont know why some people feel they are the torch holder of converstaion when it's a group of words that everyone has been saying.

Maybe just practice singing your favorite song? You get all the same feelings without the cohesion of all this hate, lol.

It doesnt register, because it can't register. I can't unbelieve what Ive seen, despite how much you want to tell me im racist or that all cops should be banned from the rodeo or whatever the #. And I dont really feel like im having an informative discussion when someone is just telling me what to believe just because. If youve never had an opinion in your life; I would beg you for the first one not to be one you heard from someone else or from the news.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

You're not a very smart poster.

Gaslighting isn't an argument. Try again.

Are you almost tempted to go to Washington this weekend a fulfill your nationalist ideals?

I bet you’d be armed.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: akiros

is a protest national news worthy, though? I mean, a million man march is noteworthy. But a few hundred angry kids in downtown Portland (again)...is that really news worthy?

Of course protests aren't on the news. They aren't news worthy outside of local news, and even then its mostly to warn everyone else for traffic, etc.

To be honest, the notion of press in our nation is absurd. A press cannot be "free" if its answering to sponsors and advertisers.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

By my understanding comparing completely different people in completely different situations is an unrealistic way to judge. Its actually completely unrealistic to compare the exact situation with completely different people, which from the meme's I've seen is almost never the case.

They are people just like you some are more fearful than others, some are better trained, some are more physically capable, some are more mentally capable. Some are not, but they have to set the standard to those who are not, because they have to have them.

Statistical propensity aside more unarmed white men are gunned down by cops. There is more oppurtunity for videos to exist, where are they?

It is subjective, due to their job it has to be, and by their descretion and fully investigated after. Then determination made on ALL the facts has to be made. Those trying them and those making the determination are also most likely flawed individuals as well, unfortunately.

But let me ask you would you accept AI policing? That means you as a citizen have the responsibility to insure you always take care of any technicality or you may be punished. The benefit is everyone (apart from the creators most likely) also have to abide.

Then also, consider the inevitability of laws it would create to protect us from ourselves. If anyone is honest about the dealignation of what humans say they are supposed to be from the reality of what we are they would know our "freedoms" would be exponentially infringed on to achieve such.

Would you honestly be okay with it?
edit on 8/28/2020 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
Not me! I would do 13 and insert a fresh magazine just in case.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I mean I think maybe a collage of something positive wouldnt be all that bad, really. (as opposed to the what they are covering when it comes to protests) I mean let's be honest, theyre gonna cover them some protests

I live in the capitol city of my state and it was kind of a local thing that a lot of people were doing in the day.
Keep in mind that I stress the phrase 'during the day'. If what happened here momentarily happened in other cities across the US, during the day, I didnt here anything about it. Media blackout maybe if you will. (if what is making them money is covering these protests, right?)

Is a current issue that people are talking about not news though? I gotta agree that the level of press here is crazy, and just an abundance of anything can cause something to continue to grow.

However, I can't deny that the evening parts (after curfew) were very demographically similar and 'angry kids' does seem about right, except for the few weird older cyclists maybe and the '1 of 10 elders with bottled water' maybe have been a theme.
Not to deny that there is no such thing as a bias or something, everyone is human. I mean freedom of speech is great, but there is no reason why parents should take her single digit year old children out in this bull. and I actually saw a bit of that.

Just what I saw I can not say reminds me of complete understanding. Of course im the person that always want to say 'hey, lets just sit down and talk about this'

And i'll be honest. Im still tiptoeing over this whole thing for fear of me possibly missing something or being wrong, but such is life, I guess, and I can definitely tell Im getting better at writing for being on ATS, so thanks for your time

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

That is exactly the problem with one entire side of this issue. You're so brainwashed you think every time a black man is shot by police it MUST be racism, despite there being zero evidence of that and a lot of evidence to the contrary.

Go ahead and keep toting that water for the DNC. All you're doing is harming the black community. You don't care though. You just want their vote.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
had some training in martial arts, I would be much more concerned in close qaurters with an assailent holding a knife than someone holding a gun.

As for kids being in the car I disagree with shooting him as he is getting into the car, they should have shot him as he opened the door.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

I think it's tragic this happened in front of his kids..why did he make this happen?, is what I'm left thinking.

Well said.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: CthruU

So i guess shooting him in say the legs to demobilise him so he couldn't drive the car was out of the question to equally provide said protection for kids and public.

Absolutely zero knowledge of the law. Take a self defense course. Shooting someone in the leg is prohibited by many police departments. Again, movies aren't real life. And people whose sole knowledge about these things comes from movies should really refrain from offering uninformed opinions.

The rest of your comments about the 7 shots and the location of the shots have been addressed.

This pig

Nice one, bigot.

So he aims for the leg, hits the femoral artery and the guy bleeds to death.
But Oh, he could have aimed for the lower leg, or the foot maybe.
Some folk just do not think rationally.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigsnowman
Guys, just own it and say exactly what you mean:

Jacob Blake was justifiably shot by police because he is black.

All Lives Matter... except black lives.

Just man up own your racism, we all see through your BS.

What's it like going through life this fake and dishonest?

Do you ever get tired of being fake and a liar, or are you proud of it? I suspect the latter.

Pathetic child.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I fulfilled my nationalist ideals serving in the United States Army.

I'll do these rest at the ballot box.

You're one of the most toxic people on ATS. All you do is try to start #.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead

You're racist if the color of someone's skin is not the most important fact in the case.

Yup, that certainly makes sense.

This is the most hilarious part about social justice warriors. They cry all day about "racism," when they are intellectually incapable of forming value judgements about anyone without taking skin color into account. They are textbook racists.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join