It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jacob Blake was justifiably shot by police

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Because that puts innocent lives in danger, it's why the are trained to only shoot center mass and eliminate the threat asap. They dont get payed to jump on bombs, or be a mixture of Bruce Lee, Desmond Doss, and wild Bill Hickock. If you don't act like a threat, they dont have to treat you like one. How well do you or others around you perform their job, what are the stakes?
edit on 8/28/2020 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

I guess the other 2 officers at the scene need more training, because neither discharged their weapons, one of them also discharged a taser.

Those 2 officers who didn’t shoot him put the kids lives at risk, even if they were there with him in the first place.

Charge the two officers for not shooting if were being non- hyperbolic ...

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The picture is blurry to make an accurate identification of what he had in his hand. My key fob looks a lot like what he is carrying in his hands.

As far as warrants and complaints of sexual assault, as far as I know they are charges, but until he had his day in court, that is what they are. It is not uncommon for there to be charges made for sexual assault when a party is reporting intimate partner violence.

Before anyone starts to accuse me of supporting or excusing this man, I can't do support or vilify him, because there is just not enough information, outside of what the internet is generating, which is always slanted in the direction the person already "thinks" is right.

I am just dropping this post in here to remind others that you need to be careful of what the media is pushing.

I agree the problem here is the over reach of the police and there are more than enough evidence to support the fact that we have a problem with bad cops, and it started long before Serpico.

I warned years ago when all the media was pushing was that inner city streets were full of drugs, and all Blacks were drug addicts, that ignoring of the drug problem, thinking you are safe, because you aren't Black or poor, would in time bring those drugs straight to your front door. Rehab is full of wealthy suburban White folk and their children.

This time. it is the Black deserving thugs. Turning a blind eye to what is happening will embolden them, because you are supporting and excusing the behavior, and in time it will be at your front door. Guns a blazing.

Just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I wouldn't call it turning a blind eye so much as a rational assessment of my risks of being a victim of police violence. So far all these events in the news have a common thread --- the victim is interacting with the police in a manner that I would never find myself acting: furtive movements, often armed, and disobeying lawful orders.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Right, I was just wondering about the lethal injection of 7 to the back. Looking for some way to mitigate the officers actions. He wasn't a rookie, he had been on the job for what was it 6 years? Maybe one in the butt. Maybe one in the glutes or one through the back of his knee, blow that out. Why did he have to take 7 to the back.

I'm not defending this rogue at all, I think your assessment is correct on the whole situation, up until the 7 in the back. What with all the rioting that we are seeing over black men being shot was there no caution on the part of the officers bosses to demonstrate a little more restraint? I mean, seven in the back.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Kids were in the car, were they not? Serious question, not jabbing you. Out of control vehicle or miss and bullets through the cab instead of taking out the person responsible?

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Right, I was just wondering about the lethal injection of 7 to the back. Looking for some way to mitigate the officers actions. He wasn't a rookie, he had been on the job for what was it 6 years? Maybe one in the butt. Maybe one in the glutes or one through the back of his knee, blow that out. Why did he have to take 7 to the back.

I'm not defending this rogue at all, I think your assessment is correct on the whole situation, up until the 7 in the back. What with all the rioting that we are seeing over black men being shot was there no caution on the part of the officers bosses to demonstrate a little more restraint? I mean, seven in the back.

How many times should the officer have shot?

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

It makes no difference either legally or morally.

Small point. Legally sure, but morally? The legality will likely not be called into question in court as you pointed out earlier. However, pumping seven shot can easily be seen as something more than restraint. It can be seen in a morally unfavorable light suggesting that the officer was expressing something more than just concern for any future victims in the car of out of it.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I think that FBI Special Agent John Huber explains well why cops shoot multiple times.

Huber said in cases when lethal use of force is justified, inflicting a single, non-fatal wound is not enough to remove the threat that person represents to the officer or others.

To illustrate his point, Huber discussed the physiology of why one single shot from police is not enough when use of lethal force is legally justified. Unless an airway or certain parts of the central nervous system, such as the brain stem or upper spinal cord, are struck by a bullet, a person isn't guaranteed to lose consciousness until they lose about 40-to-50 percent of their blood, Huber said.

If a person does not lose enough blood, he or she is "still able to fight," he said. That's why officers are trained to fire multiple times when they are justified in doing so.

To demonstrate how quickly shots are fired in use-of-force situations, Huber showed reporters a video of three agents who were instructed to fire their handguns at a target at a fast pace. During the 4-second video, he said, a total 37 rounds were fired. Huber said in a use-of-force situation, several shots are fired to cause enough damage to stop the person, and also because many of the gunshots generally miss the target.

Scharf also said it's important to note many shots fired by police miss the target. Avery said officers are generally trained to shoot people from a distance of 6-to-8 feet, so the chances of hitting the target are not high if the distance between the officer and subject extends farther.

Avery said a more critical factor than the number of total shots fired when evaluating proper use of force is the number of bursts. For example, some guns fire a handful of shots in quick succession before there's a lapse in time.

"If we're talking about four-or-five shots in a single burst, it is not that unusual," Avery said.

When officers fire multiple bursts of gunfire, Avery said, use-of-force investigators should look into the circumstances of the situation to determine if the second, third or successive bursts were necessary.

"It might be because the suspect is still moving... In other cases, it might be because the (officer) has so much adrenaline and he's so excited, and he's forgotten his training and he is just reacting viscerally," Avery said.

Depending on the magazine and type of gun, Avery said, investigators should also explore if the officer emptied the magazine. If an officer fired 16 rounds and the gun held 16 rounds, Avery said, "That, to me, is suspicious."

Such a case occurred in Chicago, where Officer Jason Van Dyke was charged in November with murder for firing 16 shots in 2014 into teenager Laquan McDonald as the teen lay prone on the pavement. Van Dyke eventually kicked away from McDonald a 3-inch knife with its blade folded into the handle.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nivhk
Kids were in the car, were they not? Serious question, not jabbing you. Out of control vehicle or miss and bullets through the cab instead of taking out the person responsible?

Those kids are going to thank those cops one day....

You can paint whatever thank you notes you want in your head and go with that.

edit on 28-8-2020 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLead

I once called a cop a dick to his face. The look on his face told me very clearly that at that moment he could have gone either way, take me down or recognize me for irritated the fool I was. I learned a lesson in that split second of watching his eyes.

It's a wonder to me that so many don't understand what you posted above. Me? I"m on the ground with my hands above my head, not running with a phone in my hand or calling them dicks.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Nivhk
You are right of course, I was mostly just looking for some manner of restraint of this guy other than 7 to the back.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: RKWWWW
I can only imagine how badly one shot to the back of a knee would hurt. It would blow it to pieces and thoroughly disable any future attempts to flee.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I can only imagine how badly one shot to the back of a knee would hurt. It would blow it to pieces and thoroughly disable any future attempts to flee.

As long as the cops are trick-shooting Hollywood style, they might as well shoot a glancing shot off his head and knock him out.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:17 AM
link   

So you want to pay for the skill of trick shooting among the police? They need to be able to strike a moving knee moving in 3 dimensions of space while running, and not hit any other innocent people or property around it?

You do understand that the use of deadly force requires actually using deadly force, right? If a cop is going to pull his gun and fire, it best be because his life is in danger and the risk to the public surrounding him is worth it. Trick shot nonsense...that works great for Hollywood. In the real world, it just results in collateral damage while the suspect gets away.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

www.snopes.com...

www.foxnews.com...

You have to understand, he had already shot and killed a deputy, he had already shot and killed a K-9 and he shot and injured another deputy," Judd said by phone Saturday. "Quite frankly, we weren't taking any chances."

Ten SWAT officers surrounded Freeland on Friday as he hid beneath brush and a fallen tree in a rural area. Authorities say he raised the gun belonging to the deputy he had killed, prompting nine officers to fire.

P"I suspect the only reason 110 rounds was all that was fired was that's all the ammunition they had," Judd said. "We were not going to take any chance of him shooting back."

Ok know in this case, the suspect had knife and was known to carry a gun in the car. Jacob Blake had a history of sexual assault, drug distribution, physical assault and battery.
Police were not going to let him get into the glove compartment. Police did tazer jacob, but it did not work. He pulled a knife and was Non Compliant

Officer presence
Coercive force
Non lethal force ( tazer, pepper spray )
Lethal Force

I know everyone thinks shooting someone in the back is unfair. But Jacob was going for another weapon. Cops had to stop him. We had a case here where 2 people did a drive by shooting. An officer spotted the vehicle they were in. The suspects got out of the car running between houses, the officer fired hitting one In the back killing the one suspect, the other got away.
The suspects had 3 hand guns and 200 rounds. The officer was removed from the department went to court and was found Not Guilty . Riots started by BLM thus the police department was shut down by the city council to please the BLM.
There were cameras from cruisers, body cams and the place where the shot up in a drive by. 2 people were injured.

Not Sorry.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Or, like Hollywood, just punish all the perps until they lay in the street in pieces. Saw that in one of the cop movies last night. Five cops with automatic weapons all firing at the same time into one criminal with a wise cracking comment to make it funny to boot.

But seriously. With all the highly trained LEO's how is it that they are not being trained more strongly in avenues of ''nonlethal'' action. Why is always they were trained to ''shoot to kill''

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Or, like Hollywood, just punish all the perps until they lay in the street in pieces. Saw that in one of the cop movies last night. Five cops with automatic weapons all firing at the same time into one criminal with a wise cracking comment to make it funny to boot.

But seriously. With all the highly trained LEO's how is it that they are not being trained more strongly in avenues of ''nonlethal'' action. Why is always they were trained to ''shoot to kill''

They are trained to use deadly force in response to deadly force. Would you want them to do otherwise?

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

so youd rather cops to ust be shooting bullets everywhere with the 3 kids in the car?

This is garbage. Think about the actual situation. Everyone at home that has the convenience of hindsight and saying "oh, but they should have just wrapped a bangle around a tree and shot acorns in the golf ball hole" or something. It's a complicated and complex situation; children are involved. This individual who had to act fast, and acted within protocol is being judged by the fat of people who dont have the mental capacity to even be around a situation like that, let alone act individually.

In any circumstance like that, when you are FACED with the truth that you must make a decision you don't have the luxury of time. It is very very ironic that the rhetoric being pressed against these guys have all the time in the world to come up with whatever the # theyre going to say.
edit on 28-8-2020 by akiros because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

It's amazing that the DNC, LeBaron James and the rest of the privileged athletes want to encourage ther anti-American, domestic terrorist, storm troopers to riot over this rapist, felon, POS.

S.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join