It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jacob Blake was justifiably shot by police

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

He was not running away. They were within arms reach of each other, as the officer was trying to restrain him. The guy lunged into his car. He had already told officers a knife was in the car. So when he lunged into his car, what would any reasonable person assume?

That cop should not have to risk being stabbed in the guy to placate people who armchair quarterback everything they do. There is a not so fine line between holding cops accountable for use of force that is uncalled for, and forcing them into unsafe situations by making them second guess common sense and their own training.

In fact, if your complaint is about inappropriate use of force, you can find a lot more of it among nonlethal encounters. Would be a better way of weeding out police hot heads to hold them accountable before they pull a trigger.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: odzeandennz
If you all are satisfied with the killing, that’s fine.

What you want is what you want. No one can change that mindset.

You are right about the mindset.

Wonder why people still insist on fighting with the police with so many examples of the possible outcome.

You’re right, death is the cost. Like an action movie! 🎥

edit on 28-8-2020 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You’re right. Pop pop pop done.

Why doesn’t the world see it that way. We would be in a better place.

When people use force due to circumstances only they understand, like when it happens abroad let’s not go free anyone then.

edit on 28-8-2020 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Execelant post Mr Face. You make the case clearly. But I wonder why none of the officers couldn’t shoot out the two front tires or put one through the block instead of seven in his back

reply to: face23785

The odds of the car reaching for a gun to shoot the cops or to take off on it's own initiative were small enough to ignore. That's why they went after the suspect instead. The car had no warrants against it either if that helps decide for you.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   

what "world"? Is this just you being a smug nationalist or something?

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: face23785

That's not hyperbole. It's a hypothetical scenario.

A scenario that has absolutely nothing in common with the situation in question, except in your fantastical mind!

Explain how it has nothing to do with the situation. You were insinuating it is not acceptable to shoot someone in the back under any circumstances. I explained how that's false. Don't push blatant lies, thanks. I know that's all you guys have, but Jesus at least try.

Originally posted by face23785

A man is holding a gun to your kid's head. He's counting down from 3. At 1 he will shoot your child. You're behind him with a gun.

Jacob Blake didn't have a gun. He wasn't threatening anyone, let alone the officer's kid.

I never implied it was unacceptable to shoot someone in the back EVER. I insinuated that 7 shots in the back was overkill, under the circumstances. You know, like the fact Blake wasn't holding a kid hostage, with a gun to his head.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

And this lowlife isn't worth all the mayhem HE has caused.

And there it is, what this is really all about for you.

For others, it isn't about some lowlife. It's about police conduct. The world is full of lowlifes, we don't go around publicly executing them by shooting them 7 times in the back with their children looking on.

He was shot for resisting arrest and being arms. Is he a low life? Sounds like it. However, that is not why he was shot.

I don't get why some of you have such a hard time understanding if you resist arrest and behave in a threatening manner when dealing with police, you are likely to get shot or killed. It really is that simple.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

The stories in his head are real to him. And don’t use words like ‘insinuate’ , he’ll just insinuate you’re here to argue and his point is better than yours

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

You’re one faux pas away from being part of ‘they’... which is why you tread carefully and never rock the boat. 🙃

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

What's wrong with being a Nationalist?

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

The problem is Culture.

So long as the Culture glorifies murder rape drugs theft hate anger etc - these pieces of # will multiply.

The only solution is to CHANGE CULTURE.

Guess who creates our current culture? Big businesses and govt propaganda.

They intentionally designed this hell hole probably to undermine the cause of Liberty in the long run.
edit on 8/28/2020 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

How dare you expect people to take personal responsibility for their actions...

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: galaga

A lot of things are wrong with it.
But there are also positives.

One major flaw is that it automatically pits nation vs nation and leads to calamity quite often. It also drives to some unacceptable levels of pride and egotism, making it even more likely fights happen.

On the plus side though, a nation state is autonomous which has many benefits and drawbacks as well.

With autonomy the ppl in that state can chart their own destiny and live as they choose. The drawback of that is that it leads to conflict with other nations who have a problem with that autonomy.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

originally posted by: CthruU

So i guess shooting him in say the legs to demobilise him so he couldn't drive the car was out of the question to equally provide said protection for kids and public.

Absolutely zero knowledge of the law. Take a self defense course. Shooting someone in the leg is prohibited by many police departments. Again, movies aren't real life. And people whose sole knowledge about these things comes from movies should really refrain from offering uninformed opinions.

The rest of your comments about the 7 shots and the location of the shots have been addressed.

This pig

Nice one, bigot.

Shooting in leg is illegal but pumping multiple rounds into the back is ok.

No wonder the law is a joke and it is just that.

Call me what you like I'll stand firm and never kneel to the fact that cop is a coward and a pig.
Just like a fair majority of his counterparts.

Keep pounding that chest caveman.

The funny part is you're actually damaging the cause. Every time you guys prop up a lowlife like Jacob Blake or Michael Brown who was justifiably shot as some kind of "martyr," you turn reasonable people off.

So go ahead, keep standing in the way of progress on this issue. Good job.

I'm gonna bow out of the thread for now. 2 pages, multiple leftists have responded, none could address the main points of the post, none have answered the main question about whether they'd let this maniac drive off with their kids.

Pathetic. You guys are so mad a black man wasn't unjustly shot by police, it's disturbing.

Rubbish.

And

If you are aware of my postings at all you'd know I'm a firm trump supporter. Avid infact so calling me a leftists is just as ignorant as anything you've said.

It has nothing to do with politics ignoramous just like you claim it's got nothing to do with race but wow just look at your last paragraph above??????

And everything to do with the protection of human rights.

Better go clock in at work - your late for your policebadge polishing ceremony.

Think I'll bow out to i can't stop laughing hysterically about being called a leftists and cant see the keyboard anylonger.
edit on 28-8-2020 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

How dare you expect people to take personal responsibility for their actions...

In Reality --- there is no escape from consequences.

You can be blind deaf and dumb but ignorance of reality doesn't change reality.

All physics equations are operating properly through space time. Dont matter if they notice or not.

That means it's a matter of time that they'll have to face it and deal.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Guys...in firearm training... we learn about a knife against drawing and firing a firearm.

Who'll win? The knive everytime.

At 15 ft, my instructor was on me stabbing, before:
1. I realized he has knife.
2. He's stomping fast at me.
3. He'd be on me before I could realize it, draw my weapon and fire.

Sure, not always...but...

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
America has a huge crime problem.

Our low life thugs think they are entitled to hurt anyone and take anything.

We may need to Amend our laws to have public hangings and firing squads.

We cannot let crime win.
These ppl can't be saved.

Focus on the children and let the good ppl clean up this mess.

If we don't crack down the whole nation will be GARBAGE. Every street will be dangerous and anarchy will follow. Murder murder murder rape rape rape. WAKE TFU

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Anyone who thinks they are born superior because of geography is not only stupid, but an asshole.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Anyone who thinks they are born superior because of geography is not only stupid, but an asshole.

na·tion·al·ism , noun

Identification with one's own nation and support for its interests, especially to the exclusion or detriment of the interests of other nations.

OR

According to the definition by experts of the Royal Institute of International Affairs (1939:16), "a desire to forward the strength, liberty, or prosperity of a nation, whether one's own or another."
edit on 28-8-2020 by RKWWWW because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Considering everyone in the United States is an immigrant....yeah.

But I think he's talking about a nation's political and social views more than place of birth.
edit on 28-8-2020 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join