It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jacob Blake was justifiably shot by police

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Common sense..this guy has it.
once again, after 4 tries, cant figure what to cut in the youtube code

www.youtube.com...
edit on 30-8-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Execelant post Mr Face. You make the case clearly. But I wonder why none of the officers couldn’t shoot out the two front tires or put one through the block instead of seven in his back

reply to: face23785

Because about 50 police officers a year get shot dead in scenarios like the one that just happened. But beyond that, they didn't have to shoot out his tires or even shoot him if he had simply COMPLIED with the officer. Almost every single instance where this kind of shooting has occurred is because the person being approached by the police is belligerent and or non compliant with the officer. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with skin color, it has to do with not following instructions.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

What actually kills you is the shock of being shot. Someone on drugs does not feel it so all you have to do is prevent them from bleeding out. The same thing with the tazer doesn't work if they are stoned your body just doesn't act the same way. In this case the officers ran out of options. They were called to the scene by a woman who claimed she was raped and she already had a restraining order against him. He was stealing her car according to her and by the time the police get there apparently taking the kids. they wrestle with him doesn't go well attempt to tazer him he gets up. Then they see the knife and start screaming to drop it as he walks around the car. by the time he gets to the driver door the police officer is out of options. because any actions he takes from here out could get someone hurt. His options were get a gun out the car that he claimed was there he could hve been so stoned that he decided to kill the kids in some kind of suicide pact. Or drive off with them and again they have zero protection.

So when you take the time to put it all together seems the officer made the right call. And I will say had nothing to do with him being black if anything that helped him because they were reluctant to use force.
edit on 8/31/20 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 04:45 AM
link   
If you live by the sword, chances are you are going to die by it sooner or later.

The 'what if's' and 'maybes' of this particular incident are moot. There's a lot of keyboard warrior talk here.

Lets take it to its 'Nth' degree - if Batman had been there he could have taken the guy down with a batarang in under 3 seconds and no lasting damage would have been done.

Ridiculous? Yep.

But that's the problem.

You guys over there, you LOVE guns. Adore them. Rappers glamourise them, Hollywood glamourises them, TV glamourises them and what doesn't get glamourised, because it doesn't make for ratings is.... reality.

The cops in shows are all uber marksmen. The bad guys are either all idiots or super villains with clear cut plans. No one runs round in a drug haze. No one is having heart palpitations and blurred vision from stress and anxiety. No one is acting completely illogically out of fear. No one bleeds out in agony. No one is seen suffering horribly from gunshot wounds on a regular basis. The impacts on families on both sides are not shown. Maiming and death are a triviality - the glossy bits.

And the internet has keyboard warriors from both sides who argue about crap until the cows come home. 99% of the gun nuts on here would # themselves in a firefight and end up in hospital or dead. 99% of the 'there must be another way' folks would also end up in hospital or dead as well.

The 1% of people who can stay calm are either sociopaths or have been in active military service where the other guys actually fired back at them and the military folks will, I'm sure, tell you that the best place to be in a firefight is not being there at all there unless you actually have to fight

I'm ranting - of course - but the point is this. Until people drop the fantasy of all this and embrace the reality nothing will get solved.

People make mistakes. People do stupid and bad things. Sometimes there are consequences. Sometimes people get hurt and some of them die.

There needs to be an acceptance of that from all sides.

Then maybe some progress can be made.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

What actually kills you is the shock of being shot.

Caught this line scrolling through.

It's the blood loss that kills you.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

What actually kills you is the shock of being shot. Someone on drugs does not feel it so all you have to do is prevent them from bleeding out. The same thing with the tazer doesn't work if they are stoned your body just doesn't act the same way. In this case the officers ran out of options. They were called to the scene by a woman who claimed she was raped and she already had a restraining order against him. He was stealing her car according to her and by the time the police get there apparently taking the kids. they wrestle with him doesn't go well attempt to tazer him he gets up. Then they see the knife and start screaming to drop it as he walks around the car. by the time he gets to the driver door the police officer is out of options. because any actions he takes from here out could get someone hurt. His options were get a gun out the car that he claimed was there he could hve been so stoned that he decided to kill the kids in some kind of suicide pact. Or drive off with them and again they have zero protection.

So when you take the time to put it all together seems the officer made the right call. And I will say had nothing to do with him being black if anything that helped him because they were reluctant to use force.

Your not completely wrong .

The literal shock i.e. the expansion of gases can kill you but only at pointblank range .

Placing the pistol muzzle directly against the Torso and pulling the trigger releases all of the gases expended when the round is fired into the torso quickly filling the rib cage with hot explosive gas bursting the lungs, spleen , kidneys and possibly the heart but for sure a few arteries killing the person .

But a pistol when fired from a distance kills you via the bullets striking vital organs or arteries killing you outright or you bleed out .

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

Sad you don't get it. The effort to educate you on the facts has been made. The rest is going to have to be you deciding if your able to handle the truth.

The sad part is the things he's confused about have been explained about 5 different ways by at least 3 different members in this thread.

If he wanted to understand this, he could. He's forcing himself to remain ignorant because it's all about the narrative. They wanted to exploit this black man being shot for political purposes. The facts of the case are irrelevant.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Justoneman

Sad you don't get it. The effort to educate you on the facts has been made. The rest is going to have to be you deciding if your able to handle the truth.

The sad part is the things he's confused about have been explained about 5 different ways by at least 3 different members in this thread.

If he wanted to understand this, he could. He's forcing himself to remain ignorant because it's all about the narrative. They wanted to exploit this black man being shot for political purposes. The facts of the case are irrelevant.

Ignorance is not my problem .

but close mindedness seems to be yours, you strike me as very black and white no gray area for you I promise you there is more than one way to skin a cat.

I have an intimate knowledge of firearms , I spent 8 years active Army combat arms . I saw what happen , I read what happen I know full well what happen .

The situation turned out the way it did because of poor training on the part of the Police Officer . It had nothing to do with the mans skin color , or how the media portrays it I am full well capable of drawing my own conclusions and simply because mine do not match your does not make me ignorant much less confused.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Sad to see ATS is still overrun with boot-lickers.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   
That time BLM protesters took shoot/don't shoot training in Portland.

A few years ago in 2015, a radio station talked two of the self-appointed leaders of BLM into taking the shoot/don't shoot training. The videos can be seen embedded in the link at the bottom. It didn't go so well for them. They repeatedly tried to either talk guys down or simply overpower them. They "died".

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: IndyFront
Sad to see ATS is still overrun with boot-lickers.

I'm not boot licker. I hate the police. But I hate people like him more.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
If you live by the sword, chances are you are going to die by it sooner or later.

true words. BLM and Antifa have a date with Karma.

posted on Sep, 1 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Even if it was a key fob, not dropping it or showing what was in his hands is enough for the police to assume it was a weapon.

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
Ignorance is not my problem .

but close mindedness seems to be yours, you strike me as very black and white no gray area for you I promise you there is more than one way to skin a cat.

No, you most certainly are ignorant and closed minded. This situation turned out the way it did because a violent thug refused to drop a weapon and put children's lives in danger. That is plain for anyone who will open their mind the slightest crack. You're just attached to the narrative and you're too arrogant to admit you got tricked by the media for the umpteenth time. If you can look at this and blame the cop, you are completely incapable of forming your own conclusions. You're just regurgitating what you're told. Learn to think for yourself.

I think the thread has basically petered itself out so I'm gonna move on.
edit on 2 9 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   
So the tally:

Over 250 replies and not one of the cop-hating cowards who replied had the courage to answer this question from the OP:

At this point, he has violent felonies in his past and has committed more violent felonies at the scene. He's armed and dangerous. Letting him flee in a vehicle with kids is not an option. The kids and other civilians would be in danger if the police allow a violent, armed and dangerous felon to flee the scene. There isn't a person here who would, under these circumstances, allow this man to drive off in a car with your kids, would you?

The answer makes it a justified shooting. Everyone knows it. There are only 2 types of people still crying that this was a bad shooting, completely brainwashed media cucks and liars who are pushing the narrative for political purposes.

To those who are knowingly lying, I've got news for you, that's not gonna work. The only people you are fooling are people who already hate cops. Every independent-minded person who learns the details of this case knows it's a justified shooting. Lying about it will not help your cause, it will only hurt it. But we all know you don't care, because you don't care about black lives, you care about advancing a political agenda. Sick.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join