It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jacob Blake was justifiably shot by police

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

These Cops who are quick to pull there weapon and just shoot are Scared there is no way around it they are Scared and they should not be police officers .

But Do not think for a second I believe he shot Blake becasue he is African American , no he shot him because he was scared.

I fully agree with that, but still, all the guy had to do was give up, he forced the issue..would you agree with that?

Yes absolutely I agree .

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

So let me see if i get this right? You believe that its ok for a police officer to die because i quote thats what they are paid for.
No police officer is paid to tackle someone carrying a knife thats just stupid. Do you realize how easy it is to kill someone with a knife? These officers all ready let him get way to close should have shot him the minute he was within 6 ft. As for tryimg to restrain him i watched a video they did he won.

I didn't say they get paid to die , I was implying they get paid to take risk to be put into harms way, why do you think they wear Body Armor ?

And if they failed in restraining him ... try again and again you do not pull your Firearm unless they have a firearm . You see the problem with a Cop is Psychologically they get stuck , They pull the Pistol, They point the Pistol threaten to shoot . Ok the suspect is unfazed by there threats he persist in his resistance well now what do you do ?

As a cop you have gone through your entire escalation of force procedure the suspect is unfazed , Now the Cop feels he has no choice but to shoot.

That is why pulling your firearm as a police officer should be your very last resort, he has a Knife ok you have a 3 foot metal baton beat the # out of him if you have too but dont pull your sidearm it will not end well.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
If you ever wonder why the US has a third world gun crime problem, look around you.

Some of you consider human lives cheap.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: face23785

It's always best to put SEVEN BULLETS into someone.

Just in case ONE is not enough.

Jesus Christ.

Actually, yes. Fire till your iron's empty as Clint Smith says.

Picture this: Someone breaks into your house and tries to rape you, has a gun, and already killed your dog on the way in. You justfiably shoot him in the chest, and he goes down. After a long stint in the hospital, he goes ahead and brings you to civil court, and also testifies against you in criminal court. You lose both cases, and end up with prison time, and a very very large lawsuit to pay for.

You shoot to end the threat. I'll leave it at that.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

If you knew literally anything about US gun crime problems, you'd know a couple facts.

One, most murders with a gun are committed in places where it is very, extremely difficult for law abiding citizens to get a firearm.

Two, Most of the statistics people quote are gun deaths, which includes suicide. Technically, yes, it is a crime to commit suicide... But it doesnt really do your actual argument any good, and shows how intellectually dishonest you are if you use those stats.

Three, Where guns are freely available (legally speaking), violent crime is very low. In my state, you can buy a handgun if you pass the background check, walk out with it that day (if the check comes back that day), and conceal it without a permit. We have almost no violent crime to speak of. The only crime is in the cities in the southern part of the state that's touching a democratic stronghold and extremely tough on guns.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iconic
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

If you knew literally anything about US gun crime problems, you'd know a couple facts.

One, most murders with a gun are committed in places where it is very, extremely difficult for law abiding citizens to get a firearm.

Two, Most of the statistics people quote are gun deaths, which includes suicide. Technically, yes, it is a crime to commit suicide... But it doesnt really do your actual argument any good, and shows how intellectually dishonest you are if you use those stats.

Three, Where guns are freely available (legally speaking), violent crime is very low. In my state, you can buy a handgun if you pass the background check, walk out with it that day (if the check comes back that day), and conceal it without a permit. We have almost no violent crime to speak of. The only crime is in the cities in the southern part of the state that's touching a democratic stronghold and extremely tough on guns.

Truth

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

Mate I'm sorry but no , I cant agree with this one.

Floyds case is one thing , but this is something else.

Even if the guy had a knife, Cops Have tasers, Pepper spray, Batons , and there were multiple cops .

There were multiple ways that could have been handled with out shooting him , let alone shooting him 7 times. Cops need to stop being so scared and quick on the trigger.

They did taser him, it didn't work..all the guy had to do was..give up.

What % do think, out of a 100, does this guy get in his car and drive away? in this situation..I'm going with less than 1 %

No all they had to do was physically restrain him, they out numbered him there wearing body armor just over power him to the ground there Cops they are trained to do atleast that much.

He had a knife. Trying to wrestle with him would put the cops lives at risk. They're under no obligation to put themselves at risk because some piece of # pulled a knife on them.

What's it like going through life this naive?

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese
If you ever wonder why the US has a third world gun crime problem, look around you.

Some of you consider human lives cheap.

The US has a gun crime problem because Democrats and the media have 40% of the country brainwashed to think it's "racist" to stop violent criminals.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Over 200 replies and not one of our forum cop-haters had the courage to answer this question from the OP:

At this point, he has violent felonies in his past and has committed more violent felonies at the scene. He's armed and dangerous. Letting him flee in a vehicle with kids is not an option. The kids and other civilians would be in danger if the police allow a violent, armed and dangerous felon to flee the scene. There isn't a person here who would, under these circumstances, allow this man to drive off in a car with your kids, would you?

And we all know why. The answer would, of course, be a resounding NO! They would not feel safe allowing this piece of # to drive off with their children.

And once you admit you would fear for the children's safety in that situation, it becomes a justified shooting.

Cowards.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Mate I'm sorry but no , I cant agree with this one.

Floyds case is one thing , but this is something else.

Even if the guy had a knife, Cops Have tasers, Pepper spray, Batons , and there were multiple cops .

There were multiple ways that could have been handled with out shooting him , let alone shooting him 7 times. Cops need to stop being so scared and quick on the trigger.

They did taser him, it didn't work..all the guy had to do was..give up.

What % do think, out of a 100, does this guy get in his car and drive away? in this situation..I'm going with less than 1 %

No all they had to do was physically restrain him, they out numbered him there wearing body armor just over power him to the ground there Cops they are trained to do atleast that much.

He had a knife. Trying to wrestle with him would put the cops lives at risk. They're under no obligation to put themselves at risk because some piece of # pulled a knife on them.

What's it like going through life this naive?

There also under no obligation to shoot him seven times just because they are physically incapable of restraining him .

Worried about the kids ..ok get them out of the car and then let him go if he is that dead set on it they will catch him again for sure.

His record no matter how tarnished does not condemn him, If they can not handle a suspect with a knife , with out having to shoot him then they SHOULD NOT BE POLICE OFFICERS . He put those kids in more danger by firing 7 rounds into the vehicle then if he would have just let them go , Not to mention how in the hell do you shoot someone seven times and not kill them ?

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

With kids in the car? Not acceptable. Real life doesn't work like that. Why endanger innocents when you can smoke the criminal scum and end the risk to innocents right then and there?

Have You ever actually try shooting a tire with a handgun?

Do You think a handgun round will disable a vehicle?

edit on 8/30/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Worried about the kids ..ok get them out of the car and then let him go if he is that dead set on it they will catch him again for sure.

Yeah there's no time for that. Deadly force encounters happen on average in 3 seconds, at a distance of 3ft with 3 shots being fired. JUST AVERAGES though. Not legally significant, only for training purposes.

If they can not handle a suspect with a knife , with out having to shoot him then they SHOULD NOT BE POLICE OFFICERS

No... knife is a deadly weapon. No different than a firearm, a car, a bomb, a fighter jet, a mob, etc. All of those are deadly weapons and equal levels of force. A scumbag can close 21 ft with a knife and stab the officer before you can even draw your weapon and discharge it into the attacker.

He put those kids in more danger by firing 7 rounds into the vehicle then if he would have just let them go

Nonsense, these are highly trained professionals. The bullets found their target: the deadly threat Crim.

Sure, let's let a violent and unstable criminal loose. Brilliant! I'll let YOU take liability and explain to the family of all the innocent people this Crim turns into victims. Stop having faith in criminals! Believe me they are bad people, exploitative, violent, dangerous, low lifes who will stab you in the back, kidnap a child or rape someone in the blink of an eye.

Criminals are not to be trusted. They don't get the benefit of the doubt. When given a lawful order they will do as their damn well told, or force will be used to make them comply. If they want to get violent and put an officer or bystander in fear for their safety, they will take the buzzing fly challenge. No apologies or sympathy.

Not to mention how in the hell do you shoot someone seven times and not kill them ?

Easily. Gunshots don't work the way you think they work. You MAGDUMP someone because even after shooting them a dozen times, unless you have perfect shot placement (ie: brainstem/spine = lights out) they still have a good 30-90 seconds to fight and kill YOU or others. You shoot until the threat stops. Bullet count is irrelevant. What is relevant is this: did they stop firing once the deadly threat ended? If so, whether its 1 or 1000 doesn't matter

Following lawful orders from police officers is not optional. I don't give a damn if you scream racist, sexist, or whatever-ist you can come up with. Your compliance isn't optional. They will follow the law. They will follow all lawful orders given by police. The law will be enforced.

If a police officer tells you you aren't free to leave, you aren't leaving. All the whining, crying, huffing, puffing and violence in the world won't change that. No matter what, the Crim needs to lose every time. Otherwise, they will only be further embolded (look at democrat run areas, how embolded Crims are there)
edit on 8/30/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   

There also under no obligation to shoot him seven times just because they are physically incapable of restraining him .

Do you realize how unrealistic and naive you sound? Sure, we'll just get the kids out of the car, and hope the knife-wielding scumbag doesn't react to that. Also hope the doors are unlocked, otherwise we'll have to smash the windows and get condemned for that too.

Tell me, after tasing him twice, and besides wrestling with someone who has a knife, which puts your life at risk, how do you propose they subdue him? Pull some Power Rangers moves on him?

No, the kids were not put in danger by the shots. And the number of shots fired is irrelevant. You're repeated clinging to that shows you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about. That has been addressed numerous times in this thread. I suggest you read it and try to learn. You're completely out of your element. You don't know anything. You drew all your conclusions based on misconceptions.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

With kids in the car? Not acceptable. Real life doesn't work like that. Why endanger innocents when you can smoke the criminal scum and end the risk to innocents right then and there?

Have You ever actually try shooting a tire with a handgun?

Do You think a handgun round will disable a vehicle?

You're not suggesting people should actually try to get the slightest bit informed on the issue are you?

Being a left winger and being informed don't exactly go hand in hand.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

So i guess shooting him in say the legs to demobilise him so he couldn't drive the car was out of the question to equally provide said protection for kids and public.

Pumping 7 rounds into the torso is an attempt at a kill - no matter how you slice and dice it -

Cops are trained to shoot to kill (or at least until the threat is no longer), not to disable. Center mass is the chest in front and back in back. Same for any self defense situation. This isn't the movies.
edit on 30-8-2020 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Yeah there's no time for that. Deadly force encounters happen on average in 3 seconds, at a distance of 3ft with 3 shots being fired. JUST AVERAGES though. Not legally significant, only for training purposes.
a reply to: JBurns

Did you watch the entire encounter ? there was time for it to go 100 different ways than it went . It went the way it went because the Cop pulled his weapon and didn't know what to do after that other than shoot him , it's how there trained.

TextNo... knife is a deadly weapon. No different than a firearm, a car, a bomb, a fighter jet, a mob, etc. All of those are deadly weapons and equal levels of force. A scumbag can close 21 ft with a knife and stab the officer before you can even draw your weapon and discharge it into the attacker.

There were three cops , so unless that guy was John Wick I think they should have been able to handle it . He rushes one the other shoots, Rushes one the other shoots and so on and so forth. Knifes are deadly yes , but against three " Highly Trained" cops in body armor not so much.

Nonsense, these are highly trained professionals. The bullets found their target: the deadly threat Crim.

Sure, let's let a violent and unstable criminal loose. Brilliant! I'll let YOU take liability and explain to the family of all the innocent people this Crim turns into victims. Stop having faith in criminals! Believe me they are bad people, exploitative, violent, dangerous, low lifes who will stab you in the back, kidnap a child or rape someone in the blink of an eye.

Criminals are not to be trusted. They don't get the benefit of the doubt.

Actually no there not trained professionals , if they were he would have never pulled his weapon and if he did he would have fired in controlled pairs for vital areas . Instead he fired seven rounds a random number and do you know why ? because he is obviously a novice with the Glock trigger which is extremely light . Firing seven rounds finding no Vital organs , I'm not asking why he fired so many I'm asking how he managed to fire so many and not kill him in the end.

And so let me get this straight it's better the Cop shot him on camera in front of frantic witnesses in a country on fire from racial shootings just like this one , than to just handle the dude in any other way other than shooting him . No he made it so so so much worse by shooting him.

Easily. Gunshots don't work the way you think they work. You MAGDUMP someone because even after shooting them a dozen times, unless you have perfect shot placement (ie: brainstem/spine = lights out) they still have a good 30-90 seconds to fight and kill YOU or others. You shoot until the threat stops. Bullet count is irrelevant. What is relevant is this: did they stop firing once the deadly threat ended? If so, whether its 1 or 1000 doesn't matter

I promise you I know that, I'm probably one of the few people on ATS that knows that intimately .

7 random shots into the back are not professional , thats panic horrible training and zero focus on the situation .

This was not racial , its just another example of someone who should not be a Cop .

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Do you realize how unrealistic and naive you sound? Sure, we'll just get the kids out of the car, and hope the knife-wielding scumbag doesn't react to that. Also hope the doors are unlocked, otherwise we'll have to smash the windows and get condemned for that too.

Better to get condemned for smashed a window, or smashing the dudes face with a baton or literally anything else besides shooting him .

Tell me, after tasing him twice, and besides wrestling with someone who has a knife, which puts your life at risk, how do you propose they subdue him? Pull some Power Rangers moves on him?

You realize there are countries all other the world '' Great Britain" etc etc that some how find ways to subdue people with knives everday of the week with out needing firearms, It is necesarry to shoot people sometimes yes but this was not one of them no matter how you look at it.

No, the kids were not put in danger by the shots. And the number of shots fired is irrelevant. You're repeated clinging to that shows you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about. That has been addressed numerous times in this thread. I suggest you read it and try to learn. You're completely out of your element. You don't know anything. You drew all your conclusions based on misconceptions.

You should look at yourself in the mirror and say that .

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Sad you don't get it. The effort to educate you on the facts has been made. The rest is going to have to be you deciding if your able to handle the truth.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

Sad you don't get it. The effort to educate you on the facts has been made. The rest is going to have to be you deciding if your able to handle the truth.

The facts are there in the Video, you simply view it with different eyes.

Cops are wrong sometimes guy get over it, they did not have to shoot him period .

If there was just one cop yes shoot him for sure shoot him, but there were three whole different ball game.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   

At this point, he has violent felonies in his past and has committed more violent felonies at the scene.

What violent felonies?

and has committed more violent felonies at the scene.

Maybe, maybe not. The District Attorney dropped the warrant and released Blake from custody.

He may need to face a judge regarding the domestic abuse and sexual assault in the 3rt degree, at some point.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join