It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jacob Blake was justifiably shot by police

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I just had this great idea after reading 7 pages of this back and forth. A way to possibly end this situation once and for all. Instead of trying to reform the police, how about everyone gets together and decides to actually follow an officers commands. If you have a warrant and are confronted by police, lie on the ground and go to jail for your crimes. Don't run, pull out a knife or gun, just lie down. I think almost all "unjust" shootings would complete stop overnight, and the bad police would be weeded out very quickly.

So to all that want change, how about it? Everyone try doing exactly as the police say for 1 month and let's see what happens.

It would get criminals off the street and weed out bad police officers at the same time, sounds like a win,win.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
Meanwhile kid who shot 3 killing 2 walked by police with a weapon almost as large as his body , arrested the next day ...no reports of him having a meal at Micky Ds courtesy of LEOs.. hurrah for white power privilege...

Better leave the sociopolitical 'heavy lifting' to those of us on the ground here in the US. You seem to be confused about the participants and context of this encounter. Sounded from the audio that the only 'racist' involved was the deranged rioter incessantly yelling 'n!gg@', other than that peculiarity, 'whiteness' had fck all to do with the situation.

What's your thinking on the cognitive dissonance exhibited by the rioters, as they gathered around their mortally injured comrade, screaming "POLICE! Someone get the POLICE!" at the top of their lungs.

It's difficult to conceive how intellectually stunted and psychologically warped some of these rioters are, but I can think of no better example than them pleading and begging for help from the very same people the viscerally hate and hold with the utmost contempt.

In a better world, rioters in these situations could be systematically excluded from ever receiving police assistance again, letting them work out the hellish existence that would mean for themselves, having to navigate in a world where the axiom "might makes right" is still very much a thing. My guess is within 12-18 months of such a program, most of the rioters would repent and reconcile their hatred of cops.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened
Too many people living in a bubble there whole lives, and Facebook is there only news source. Seems everyone is overlooking the most basic thing here, almost all of these "unjust" shootings happen to violent criminals. People that would kill you or your family in a heartbeat while on the run. No second thought or remorse.

Too many people with ridiculous suggestions, that have never spent time in jail to see how these criminals act and truly are, no matter there race. Have never been in a life and death situation, and don't realize how fast # goes down and how little time you have to react.

Why does nobody demonize the actual criminal, the wife beater, the rapist? Why is he above the law and not have to listen to police commands? How can nobody see HE and HIM alone caused this chain of events. Unfortunately I think it all boils down to a common sense+ false entitlement issues. Now criminals are taking advantage of the situation, who would have thought? The believe they can refuse all police orders, pull out weapons, get into a car with children and just drive away because of the atmosphere being created.

I just don't understand how it's all the polices fault and everyone completely ignores the fact that these are violent criminals. But what I do know is that if it started effecting them personally and criminals where threatening there life, the tune would change real quick. To many people secured in mom's basement, that have no idea what it's like in these kind of situations. To much netflix and Facebook and it shows. Suggests that would only come out of a movie, unable to truly put themselves in that officers shoes. So quick to make him the bad guy while completely and utterly over looking the actual bad guy.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Police were called to execute a warrant on Jacob Blake.

He was not supposed to be on the premises, and it was his girlfriend whom he had allegedly sexually assaulted (reason for warrant) who called the police. The cops came expecting possible trouble when they tried to execute the warrant.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
And now the police union releases their version of events. There was a brawl, Jacob put a cop in a headlock, and at some point pulled a knife before opening the door. Now it all makes sense why they kept their distance with guns drawn as he walked around the vehicle.

police union version of events

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Spider879

Where's your evidence this was racial?
He shot 3 white guys who were trying to kill him.

Details matter more than your racial outrage. Put it back in the deck.

The Police action vs in action is my point... .you dont shoot 3 ppl killed 2 walked by cops while folks are telling them This Guy just shot 3 ppl. and go home to get arrested the next day...that's my point. The details can be worked out later.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   

The Police action vs in action is my point... .you dont shoot 3 ppl killed 2 walked by cops while folks are telling them This Guy just shot 3 ppl. and go home to get arrested the next day...that's my point. The details can be worked out later.

No one told the police he shot those guys... The police drove past him as he walked away with his hands up, they had no idea he was the shooter or even people were shot yet.

They didn't just go to his home, he called them...lol How the hell would they know it was him if he didn't call them first? You act like they were watching it all and did nothing because he was white.

How can you even compare this to Blake...

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

No one told the police he shot those guys...

Yeah, they did. There were a bunch of people shouting at the police. "He just shot someone!" "He just shot two people!"

Then the cops ask the people, as they're driving past the gunman, "Are there people in need of medical care?" And then they continue to go toward the injured people. leaving the gunman, with his hand in air, trying to surrender, to walk away.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

No one told the police he shot those guys... The police drove past him as he walked away with his hands up, they had no idea he was the shooter or even people were shot yet.

They didn't just go to his home, he called them...lol How the hell would they know it was him if he didn't call them first? You act like they were watching it all and did nothing because he was white.

How can you even compare this to Blake...

Brah !!.vids that I've seen , he calmly walked by the police with a weapon almost as big as himself across his shoulder past his midsection, again while protesters were telling cops he just shot a bunch ppl, all without getting tackled or anything, next thing reports said he was arrested the next day...and no! they didn't do sht , just because he was white, but they favor him because, he was supposedly on their side + He white!..

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Yeah, they did. There were a bunch of people shouting at the police. "He just shot someone!" "He just shot two people!"

Then the cops ask the people, as they're driving past the gunman, "Are there people in need of medical care?" And then they continue to go toward the injured people. leaving the gunman, with his hand in air, trying to surrender, to walk away.

Can you not see the disconnect with the situation you describe?

"Anti-police mob seeks police aid in apprehending shooting suspect, who had neutralized elements of anti-police mob chasing and assaulting him"

Setting aside the fact that situations like that are pure pandemonium and chaos, and it's difficult for anyone arriving at the scene to discern WTF is actually happening.... sounds like the rioters decided they were a bit too far out over their skis and we're pleading for Mr. Policeman to come help them.

Looked like ANTIFA bit off a little more than they could chew. Why didn't they keep chasing and punching the shooter; seems like they gave that tactic up right quick after a few of their colleagues were dropped.

The idea that the word "police" ever even passed the lips of the rioters in any kind of deferential and respected fashion, only after they were given a smack down, is the epitome of hypocrisy and why nothing these people profess to protest is worth spit. They are basically wildin' for the LOLz and thrill of it, but we see when tSHTF, they are quicker than most to go look for a cop to help.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

It's clear in the video what was happening.

There was a police presence. The police addressed the crowds who were yelling at them about how this guy just shot some people, asking if there were injured victims in need of medical assistance. That's evidence that they heard and paid attention to the crowd telling the police that this guy just shot some people.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Of maybe the felon with the glock had done something.

could be just about anything. If we are going to guess about it, its best to stick to what is actually known.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

What is on the video is actually known. It's documented.

In the video, the very people chasing the armed gunman tell the police, who had a presence at the end of the strip, and who the gunman was walking toward with his hands in the air, were telling the police that this man just shot some people. The police pulled their vehicle past the gunman and ask the people in the crowd if there were injured in need of medical care.

edit on 29-8-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I see no one around the cops as he walked by trying to get their attention a number of times.

Looking at the video all the cops were still in their vehicles windows up etc driving past him, so how the hell did the crowd tell them he shot someone. There wasn't an officer on the ground until he was gone. When he tried to go up to a cop vehicle they said over the bull horn to get back leave the area, so at that point the cops had no clue he shot anyone, and most likely didn't know yet that anyone was even shot.

In the end what is your point...

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Brah !!.vids that I've seen , he calmly walked by the police with a weapon almost as big as himself across his shoulder past his midsection, again while protesters were telling cops he just shot a bunch ppl, all without getting tackled or anything, next thing reports said he was arrested the next day...and no! they didn't do sht , just because he was white, but they favor him because, he was supposedly on their side + He white!..

I'm not your Brah..

The guy with the camera yelled like 3 times "that dude shot them" The cops were still a long way away with what looks like just one out of his car with the rest in Armor vehicles. The one cop got in his car and somewhere the bullhorns were saying get off the road get back etc. As the vehicles finally started down the road another bullhorn said "was someone shot?" so at that point the cops had no clue anyone was shot as the shooter walked by them with his hands in the air.

He was only arrested because he turned himself in to the police, so the next day they didn't know who shot who.

Looking at the crowd I think almost everyone was white on both sides... But I do agree the cops most likely saw him as part of a group that was there to protect and not to riot. So what is your point there?

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

In the end what is your point...

My point is that your assertion (below) is incorrect.

It's all right here, in this video.

threadreaderapp.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

It's all right here, in this video.

Yes I know...I just watched it again... Even in your picture it shows the cops inside ARMOR VEHICLES lol, no one is even close to them. You ever been inside one...the key point is even after the cops passed the shooter they asked on the bullhorn...Is someone shot? So even at that point they had no clue anyone was shot...

edit on 29-8-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Okay. First you said that nobody told them he was a shooter.
Now you're saying that the cops didn't get out of their vehicles. I never said they did.

Now you're saying the cops probably didn't hear them yelling that this guy shot a bunch of people, and had no idea anyone had been shot when they asked, through their bullhorn to the same people shouting "he just shot somebody", "is someone injured straight ahead?".

Shaking my head in disbelief!

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Both ass backwards assessments and blind wanabee thinking for propaganda purposes.

Fail.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Okay. First you said that nobody told them he was a shooter.
Now you're saying that the cops didn't get out of their vehicles. I never said they did.

Now you're saying the cops probably didn't hear them yelling that this guy shot a bunch of people, and had no idea anyone had been shot when they asked, through their bullhorn to the same people shouting "he just shot somebody", "is someone injured straight ahead?".

Shaking my head in disbelief!

I'm not sure your point once again.... I was correct in saying they were not told there was a shooter as in they didn't hear anyone saying it...if you look everyone is a good distance from the cops...just because the camera guy said it a number of times doesn't mean the police heard him, and that is obvious.

I did say this too...

The guy with the camera yelled like 3 times "that dude shot them" The cops were still a long way away with what looks like just one out of his car with the rest in Armor vehicles. The one cop got in his car and somewhere the bullhorns were saying get off the road get back etc. As the vehicles finally started down the road another bullhorn said "was someone shot?" so at that point the cops had no clue anyone was shot as the shooter walked by them with his hands in the air.

So in the end the police had no clue the guy was the shooter and didn't even know a shooting had happen.
This was in reply to a narrative the cops let the guy go because of white privilege, or something stupid along those lines.

edit on 29-8-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join