It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He did it on purpose !

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: Fallingdown

Trump did too, and the WHO, China, the CDC, the police, Congress....

They all should suffer the consequences of abnegating their duty of care.

I must've missed it when Trump mandated nursing homes must take infected patients or lose the tools they needed to fight the virus .

Go figure? 😉

By the way if you're going that route. I eviscerated Como's claim that he did it because of trumps guidelines .

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Are you playing the liberal game of evocation ?

He meant the way the Democrats have blown it out of proportion is a hoax and it is .

I asked my 13-year-old granddaughter what she thought of COVID-19 in one word .

She chose " overblown " and that's with the liberal indoctrination officers trying to pound America hate into her head k thru 12.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 01:59 AM
link   

I did a thread a couple weeks ago asking where the proud boys were . It's suggested that we should take to the streets.

I think I caught a warning on that one. LOL I used the headliner for the
word war and everything. So then I tone it down for a couple days.
Stay out of the mud and only use one liners. Then no more than four
days later I morph in to that angry wolf all over again. Eat'n #te
and bark'n at the moon.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Nobody can be that stupid!!!

His was a conscience decision . Many people know this but not enough people speak up.

Como's decision in my book is a criminal act so let's start with a motive.

Why would he make a decision counter to the number one goal of quarantine?

The answer is actually quite simple if you remember one fundamental truth:

Gov. Fredo always does what's in the best interest of Gov. Fredo.

Period.

Finito.

[end of transmission] [end of comms]

*click*

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I was talking about how people here on ats feel.

If it's not real or it's no worse than the flu then nothing in this op matters.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I am too cynical to expect any measure of 'justice' or consequences be applied here. Cuomo is at the top of a long list of bombastic bufoons in modern politics. The daily briefings at the outset of the pandemic were difficult to watch, as you had this individual, who has a much higher regard for his intellect than is truly the case, blather on and on and on about subjects beyond his ken.

You can always tell the real politicians, as they generally will have the most to say about which they know the least, and this guy just would not SHUT UP about the virus in the briefings.

In any event, I don't see any legal repercussions for Cuomo; politicians at that level never see consequences, even after horrific decisions. It's just another narrative that we as voters/taxpayers need to be cognizant of and not allow him or the media to spin it in his favor.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Are you playing the liberal game of evocation ?

He meant the way the Democrats have blown it out of proportion is a hoax and it is .

I asked my 13-year-old granddaughter what she thought of COVID-19 in one word .

She chose " overblown " and that's with the liberal indoctrination officers trying to pound America hate into her head k thru 12.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I doubt he did it on purpose; purposely failing is not part of Governor Cuomo's MO.

But Governor Cuomo certainly did presided over one of the worst COVID-19 response in the country and possibly the world. Which directly lead to needles deaths; I can't tell you how many but if you take other US states as a bench mark close to half and certainly a quarter of New York deaths probably could have been avoided had Cuomo and DeBlasio acted more proactively and intelligently.

How Delays and Unheeded Warnings Hindered New York’s Virus Fight - NY Times

From the earliest days of the crisis, state and city officials were also hampered by a chaotic and often dysfunctional federal response (link), including significant problems with the expansion of coronavirus testing (link), which made it far harder to gauge the scope of the outbreak.

the initial efforts by New York officials to stem the outbreak were hampered by their own confused guidance, unheeded warnings, delayed decisions and political infighting, The New York Times found.

Dr. Frieden said that if the state and city had adopted widespread social-distancing measures a week or two earlier, including closing schools, stores and restaurants, then the estimated death toll from the outbreak might have been reduced by 50 to 80 percent.

Interviews with more than 60 people on the front-lines of the unfolding crisis — city and state officials, hospital executives, health care workers, union leaders and emergency medical workers — revealed how the virus overwhelmed the city’s longstanding preparations, leaving officials to improvise. Many spoke on the record; others spoke anonymously to describe private meetings and conversations without fear of losing their jobs.

“Everything was slow,” said Councilman Stephen T. Levin, a Brooklyn Democrat who had called for City Hall to take swifter action as the outbreak spread. “You have to adapt really quickly, and nothing we were doing was adapting quickly.”

Cuomo and DeBlasio are quick to blame the federal government for the pore respons experienced in the state of New York, and I am sure there is some truth to laying blame on the Federal response. However based on the actions taken in other states, who experience the same Federal response, it is clear to see that New York in its own ineptitude was late to the party and it cost the stare dearly.

San Francisco, for example, ordered schools closed on March 12 when that city had 18 confirmed cases; Ohio also ordered its schools closed on the same day, with five confirmed cases. Mr. de Blasio ordered schools in New York to close three days later when the city had 329 cases.

Then seven Bay Area counties imposed stay-at-home rules on March 17. Two days later, the entire state of California ordered the same. New York State’s stay-at-home order came on the 20th, and went into effect on March 22.

Same Federal government yet Ohio and California where able to act more quickly and decisively than New York was able to act. It is little wonder that the death toll in New York far out paced California ... which is a larger state by size and by population.

What is of great wonder to me is why the Democrat Party has made Governor Cuomo their COVID-19 response spokes person.

Cuomo was given a prime-time speaking slot during the first night of the Democratic National Convention, which is being held online rather than in Milwaukee because of COVID-19.

As the longest serving Democratic governor in the nation, Cuomo used his five minutes in front of the national audience to blast President Donald Trump, the presumptive Republican nominee.

And he touted the response in New York, where more than 25,000 people died from the virus, the most in the nation.

Democrat and Chronicle

Cuomo and New York Democrats are the last people to be criticizing anyone for their response to COVID-19. Thats not to say they are the only ones to blame; just that when you fail as spectacularly as they did you can't legitimately point fingers at anyone else. There are other Democratic states and Governors who could have pointed a finger at the Feds with much more legitimacy; yet the DNC in a classic orwellian move chose Cuomo.

The governor and the mayor emphasized that they had no misgivings about their initial handling of their response.

“Every action I took was criticized at the time as premature,” Mr. Cuomo said in an interview. “The facts have proven my decisions correct.”

These people have a bad case of delusions of grandeur (as many politicians do) but unfortunately in this case those delusions are killing people.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join