It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March on Washington 2020: What to expect, how to stay safe amid the coronavirus pandemic

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

On August 28, thousands of people are expected to attend the Get Your Knee Off Our Necks Commitment March on Washington, a demonstration honoring the 57th anniversary of the March on Washington, where Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his "I Have a Dream" Speech.

How to stay safe? Don’t Go

I can no longer even attempt to defend massive peaceful protests on the streets of America.

Recent attempts to protest peacefully have proven to be failures as those who would not respect the true values and traditions of American liberalism have consistently used the cover of ‘’peaceful’’ protest to carry out their own from of rebellion and wanton destruction.

If you consider yourself a ‘’liberal ‘’ leader like Al Sharpton, you should know by now that this form of action by the ‘’hooligan class’’ has been exercising anti-civilized behavior by attaching itself to your ‘’peaceful’’ protests for far to long for you to not have noticed the connection.
If this march tomorrow ''goes south'' and ends in rioting, IT'S ON YOUR HEAD

That is Mr. Sharpton, if, you have any brains in your head at all.

So sir, cancel this march on Washington tomorrow before those who care only for themselves destroy your peaceful march and the traditions of Martin Luther King at the same time.

The 57th anniversary of his great march on Washington??? What the hell. What could possibly be so important about the 57th anniversary.

Stay home Mr. Sharpton. Tell everyone else to stay home. Do it virtually. March in your homes, march on your front lawns. Walk up and down the streets of your own neighborhoods, but most of all, stay home..
edit on 31America/ChicagoThu, 27 Aug 2020 11:17:27 -0500Thu, 27 Aug 2020 11:17:27 -050020082020-08-27T11:17:27-05:001100000017 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

They should definitely stay home. Not because of the virus though —But because their protesting isn’t accomplishing sh!t.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

These protests are accomplishing two things. One they provide cover for criminals and two they create justified backlash from conservative voters.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Nice thread, nice OP.

Sadly. . . . too late.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

There's going to be a large protest gathering at La Fayette Park tonight, too, during Trump's acceptance speech.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I think the answer to "why is this, the 57th anniversary so important" is simply because of the current social climate in our country today. I dunno.

Question - if the march would simply be people there to "march", with no opposing groups or counter-marchers, do you think this would go off without a hitch? Be totally peaceful? Not pointing fingers. Simply asking your opinion. My city had a few semi-large BLM marches early on this summer with 0 violence, 0 rioting, 0 destruction and 0 opposition. They showed up, waved their signs, shouted their message and went home. Didn't change anything but I guess they felt they accomplished their mission (awareness)

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

It's my opinion that peaceful marching has always been a proper statement on social conditions. These, took an early cue from Gandhi and his marches in India. Those marches caught the eye of enough people of good will that the pressures brought to bear because of them and the support they garnered resulted in positive changes.

This was the inspiration for many marches in the sixties. peaceful protest, pacifist protest, people willing to face down authority with their own sacrifice should the authorities decide to clobber them.

But of course the agents of provocation did their best to set off violence, be those agents of the government or just agents of the opposition. Or for that matter agents of violent revolution, hiding in the footsteps of peaceful marchers.

Then there also is those who need no provocation. Those thrill seekers who are just out for a lark who would turn over a garbage can just for the joy of it or break a window or torch a car. Thrill seekers. And those too who would just use the cover for their own plunder.

The question all peaceful protest organizers should be asking themselves is how do they keep a march peaceful. The ready aceptance of more bodies to make the point always leaves this chance wide open for those who would creep out of the shadows to do what they want to do.

So the value of a peaceful march, if carried out still might be of value in helping to increase public awareness of the situations being protested however pulling that off, to me, is now not worth the gamble of the violence and bad press it can so easily generate.

This whole idea of peaceful protesting is at least a century old. That tactic might have been effective then or even fifty or sixty years ago. But now, I see no chance of it producing anything of value to our society.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

A protest march to the White House at night during Trump's acceptance speech sounds like a lot of fun. Marching and watching the idiots in the crowd do what damage they can to invalidate any positive message the organizers might have hoped for. If you ask me, it's madness.

Biden's campaign should take the high road here and encourage any protests tonight to cancel. Let Trump have his speech with out the additional fodder of a violent riot outside the door.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

There's going to be a large protest gathering at La Fayette Park tonight, too, during Trump's acceptance speech.

"Large"

Trump's rallies are large. Tens of thousands.

These protests are limited to how many can fit on the Soros buses.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

This whole idea of peaceful protesting is at least a century old. That tactic might have been effective then or even fifty or sixty years ago. But now, I see no chance of it producing anything of value to our society.

Where's the value in looting, rioting? The get what point across, that those that do can not self-restrain from being stupid?

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

they did and what is the point of harassing people just because the don't buy into the BLM antifa democrat propaganda

top topics

join