It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy behind the mass beliefs of US vs. Europe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher_Don
Why does so much of the rest of the world detest America? Well, how do you feel about the guy at work who constantly proclaims that HE and HE ALONE is the best worker in the whole place?

Good point. Was it George Washington that warned us in his farewell address to not enter into a binding alliance (Such as NATO) and to remain isolated? Unfortunately we do not heed the warnings of our ancestors.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere

doesnt matter, the fact is, it just is, human greed is too strong

And that's because of humans being ignorant of what they really are IMO..

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
There is plenty of room for improvement on both sides of the atlantic, while Europe is cancerous by itself down to the root, USA is acting just plane old crazy.

Interesting you use the word, "plane". It's spelled plain, and you went with plane. Probably just a spelling error, but wasn't it a plane that opened pandora's box?
Ofcourse, the political correctness of now is that we should not have gone into Iraq and I agree. No, we should not have mainly because of the conflict of interest with Bush & Company.
Although I cannot understand the perspective of those that say its not the terrorist that are wrong it is what is causing the terrorist to do the things they do. I recently watched a documentary that showed a victim of the 3-11 attack in Spain and the lady said, "I forgive the people who planted the bomb and the terrorist, but I can never forgive the people who oppressed these people into doing what they did."
Is it me or is there some kind of loophole in that type of thinking? So, if someone viciously murders a person because that person anger the murderer than it is the dead person's fault?
For God, Buddha, Allah, and Yehweh's sake, grow up!

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Plus don't forget it is now in vogue to hate the Unites States, makes you look cool in the eyes of some.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:35 AM
link   

LMAO! That was the whole point. Good job, chap. Let's go have some fissh & chips. I'm so glad someone noticed.

Now heres the old American isiolationism showing again! *sarcasm* Its curry or a kebab nowadays old bean!

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Europe is certainly much more to left politically than the U.S. for starters. Plus, Europeans became heavily invested in an anti-Bush opinion following the 2000 election, partially because a poor understanding of our political system and how he was able to win the election while losing the popular vote. This snowballed with their current disdain for military action, once the U.S. mobilized after 9/11 against Afghanistan and especially Iraq. Their suspicions about Bush's legitimacy allowed their anti-Bush opinions to mushroom unchecked since they had convinced themselves he was an accidental president, destined to certain failure in 2004.

Now, the European press is so invested in their previous positions, and the people get little if any of a contrary viewpoint, they simply are incapable of recognizing or giving credit to Bush for any successes and were completely flabbergasted by his re-election.

I think the govenment positions have turned around a bit since they pragmatically realize that they will be dealing with Bush for another 4 years, but for the aforementioned reasons, the European public opinion will be slow to change, if it does at all.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Very interesting perspective there,

Plus they will hate the moment they have to admit he was right, same for Reagan they still hate him....

Except for those that are now free of course.

djohnsto77 - Love the background m8, reminds me of mine and I know it pisses these tulip walkers off....

So to remind them of old times, election days......

[edit on 17-3-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Ed, the Europeans still won't admit Reagan was right.

Thanks for the avatar compliments, JAK created it for me.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
You are welcome,

I like this one also....

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
And I like this one.

Now please keep the thread on topic.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ridcully

LMAO! That was the whole point. Good job, chap. Let's go have some fissh & chips. I'm so glad someone noticed.

Now heres the old American isiolationism showing again! *sarcasm* Its curry or a kebab nowadays old bean!

Wow, it changed since in only three years. I was in London in 2002 and all the signs said, "Fish & Chips".

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
And I like this one.

Now please keep the thread on topic.

A little touchy arent we?

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
You only posted it to get a reply from somebody who is not from the U.S. I replied. Now keep on with the topic, thank you. If not I'll close it.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by National Security Agency

Originally posted by ridcully

Wow, it changed since in only three years. I was in London in 2002 and all the signs said, "Fish & Chips".

lol, well you get the kebabs from the chippy anyway. If you ever get back over here, doesn't matter exactly where, go to a curry house. Best in the world, official!

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by National Security Agency

There is plenty of room for improvement on both sides of the atlantic, while Europe is cancerous by itself down to the root, USA is acting just plane old crazy.

Interesting you use the word, "plane". It's spelled plain, and you went with plane. Probably just a spelling error, but wasn't it a plane that opened pandora's box?
Ofcourse, the political correctness of now is that we should not have gone into Iraq and I agree. No, we should not have mainly because of the conflict of interest with Bush & Company.
Although I cannot understand the perspective of those that say its not the terrorist that are wrong it is what is causing the terrorist to do the things they do. I recently watched a documentary that showed a victim of the 3-11 attack in Spain and the lady said, "I forgive the people who planted the bomb and the terrorist, but I can never forgive the people who oppressed these people into doing what they did."
Is it me or is there some kind of loophole in that type of thinking? So, if someone viciously murders a person because that person anger the murderer than it is the dead person's fault?
For God, Buddha, Allah, and Yehweh's sake, grow up!

Yep sorry, a simple spelling error.....

Look i can understand this way of thinking you describe, if you want to solve a problem you should look for the root of it.....americans MOSTLY swim in shallow waters, meaning they do not want to dig deeper for answers, a true consumer society that eats up al the crap theyre being fed.

In my opinion its waaaay to simple to generalize arabs as terrorists, which is what a common american does a lot. Just like they did with the Russians in the time of cold war....theyre all commies and theyre all evil....right....

I think its about time people open their eyes and see the repeating patterns, learn from history, and make their own judgement. The only people that are stuck up and all that stuff you said are the ones that blindly follow their nations flags, no matter what country.

The fact being USA simply thrives on this kind of thinking, its the hate and fear towards others that is keeping USA united, not love for fellow human beings, which, i think, will eventually be the its downfall.

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   

In my opinion its waaaay to simple to generalize arabs as terrorists, which is what a common american does a lot. Just like they did with the Russians in the time of cold war....theyre all commies and theyre all evil....right....

hmmm.....You critize Americans for generalizing then you generalize Americans, isn't that odd?

Let me clarify something. 51% of Americans did not vote for Bush because of terrorism. It is much more complicated than that. I voted for Bush because his policies will help the corporation that I am CEO of.

The common American is much smarter than you stereotype them, I am the common America, my father is the common American. We don't fight the system because there is no way to fight it. We don't have the time to fight the system, we are busy making a living and that is why the propaganda works, its because we can't stop what is already engineered.

[edit on 18-3-2005 by National Security Agency]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Has it ever occurred to anyone that the American people re-elected Bush because they feel he is doing the 'right' thing?

Most of the people I talk with stand behind him and the war on terror, they understand that you can not appease nor ignore it, thats how 9/11 happened in the first place. It was an eye opener.....

Most Americans are concerned about the children and the future that they have and they can not fathom the though of hate that the Islamist have, lets face it, it is anti-semintism, as the Arab world hates us BECAUSE we support Israel, it is about oil like the left would have you believe, we can afford to pay $100 a barrel if we had to and at that price we would be drilling a hell of a lot more here.

It is about these backward nations and the goal of having them move to the 21st century.....

And America is in the Pole position...

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
To the first post....yeah thats why one of europes strongest militaries is in the co-altion....some "ignoring the "harsh" realities of the world"....Another question I have to ask you...when was the last time that europe was threatened by a large scale attack by islamic people?
Please tell me...
We have defended ourselves and still do, if you refer to WW2 then we did and you and the russians who are part european managed to tip the balance in our favour....
Also the only naive country I see is france, but they have always been naive and arogant...its like a roomate...you just live with it because you cant change it.
Europe has stood behind america lots of tims when it didnt need to do so...please dont insult our dead by saying they were arogant or naive....I would not do so to your dead...

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwaspEurope has stood behind america lots of tims when it didnt need to do so...please dont insult our dead by saying they were arogant or naive....I would not do so to your dead...

And you must understand that I know this, the UK and the Aussies, heck the Poles even....but lets face it, half of the UK, almost all of Germany, 99% of France, the Dutch, now the Spainish, they all hate the United States for the war, and yet the battlefront includes Europe.

Look at the issues of the Muslims in your nation alone, it will boil one day and you will see..........

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
And you must understand that I know this, the UK and the Aussies, heck the Poles even....but lets face it, half of the UK, almost all of Germany, 99% of France, the Dutch, now the Spainish, they all hate the United States for the war, and yet the battlefront includes Europe.

WE DONT HATE THE US OF A!
We just dont like america's forign policy and its current pres...do we hate americans?
No...take MLK ,JFK and MX all highly respected over here...

Look at the issues of the Muslims in your nation alone, it will boil one day and you will see..........

No it wont...only the most southern bit of england has a problem with immigration...thats it...we have faces terrorists before and still do. HELL WE FACE THE PIRA!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join