It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jacob Blake Had Knife When Shot

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

You are a cop and a guy resists arrests that you can not physically control who has a felony warrant and then blows off a taser to go get into a vehicle to do something...what do you do?

Since there are kids in the car, you back off 4 or 5 feet and wait until he turns around. If he has a gun, you shoot him, if he has a knife, one warning to put it down, and if he is still holding it , shoot him.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Why could they not physically control the little fellow?

That's a bit weird is it not, them being able-bodied Police officers?

I would not shoot an unarmed man attempting to get away in the back 7 times with his kids looking on.

But that's just me.
edit on 27-8-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

Since there are kids in the car, you back off 4 or 5 feet and wait until he turns around. If he has a gun, you shoot him, if he has a knife, one warning to put it down, and if he is still holding it , shoot him.

As a cop you will not make it to your retirement...

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   

"was present and was not supposed to be on the premises."

Blake had a warrant issued for his arrest after he was charged with third-degree sexual assault, trespassing and disorderly conduct in connection with domestic abuse in July.

I wonder how women feel about the "defund the police" moment? The police might not be perfect; but their the only people who might enforce restraining orders. How many more abusive men will go further in their abuse when they know no ones coming.

Sounds like a bigger women's rights issue than abortion thats been locked up in the courts.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   

If you have a bead on someone, and they are in the process of turning around and you see a gun, you will get him before he gets you. That is textbook police training, or what it is supposed to be, anyway.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Why could they not physically control the little fellow?

That's a bit weird is it not, them being able-bodied Police officers?

I would not shoot an unarmed man attempting to get away in the back 7 times with his kids looking on.

But that's just me.

No clue...90%+ of cops could not physically control me...

Back in the day they would use physical controls like a billy club or black jack, then the taser came on the scene and I think most cops today pretty much have only the gun left after a laser fails.

Also, how many broken noses should a cop have each year they are on the force...don't think they pay enough for that.

edit on 27-8-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   

If you have a bead on someone, and they are in the process of turning around and you see a gun, you will get him before he gets you. That is textbook police training, or what it is supposed to be, anyway.

Who knows...I don't need to turn around to shoot you.. Go ahead and armchair quarterback a 1/2 second... Once the cop decided he needs to shoot after the first bullet its all moot anyways. You shoot until he goes down.

It also seems the guy was armed with a knife and he wasn't dropping it even though the cops were screaming him to drop it...

edit on 27-8-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Who knows...I don't need to turn around to shoot you.. Go ahead and armchair quarterback a 1/2 second... Once the cop decided he needs to shoot after the first bullet its all moot anyways. You shoot until he goes down.

It also seems the guy was armed with a knife and he wasn't dropping it even though the cops were screaming him to drop it...

Everything changed when he went into a confined area with kids in it.
If he had his back to the police, and they saw he was holding a gun, death. If they saw he had a knife, the only way he should have been shot is if he turned around with it in his hand, or attempted to use it on one of the kids.
edit on 27-8-2020 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Did you get shot seven times in the back and paralyzed then for your troubles?

Nope.

Where I'm from, if you don't behave, you have an accident en route to the station, or the blue mattress treatment bang bang once you get there that leaves you pissing blood for a week.

They draw the line at shooting you in the back seven times all the same, so there is that i suppose.

Not that they have not been known to go too far and kill people/paralyse the poor sods which is exactly what happened here imho.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: andy06shake

So shooting him seven times in the back, in front of his kids, was the best, or only option to take?

I am absolutely astounded that everyone thinks yes this was the only option.

That dude was little, you are telling me all those officers couldn't take him down. Where is the training on disabling people?

They're not trained to wrestle with a violent nutjob holding a knife.

Turn off Lifetime and join us in the real world please.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

They're not trained to do much apparently aside from off the public at the drop of a hat.

What happened to defusing a situation???

Guy had kids in the car ffs.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

Honestly, I thought 7 was extreme, but adrenaline/fear can do that to a person, especially in the current state of the US as of late.

The number of shots fired is legally irrelevant actually. As is the fact they hit him in the back.

And yeah, adrenaline does that. When civil rights leaders were invited to use a police training simulator, they couldn't remember how many times they shot. And that was simulation, so just imagine what the real thing is like.

Again, the people questioning this are sheltered as #, have lived privileged lives and have no clue about the real world. Which explains why the people who freak out over these justified shootings are usually mostly from a particular political philosophy. That also requires one to have no understanding of the real world.
edit on 27 8 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

seven bullets in the back of a man... seems excessive...

And if he was shooting to kill, why not just hit him in the head... dude didn't even die...

whats wrong with one shot in the leg... not 7 in the back

:O

Typical response from the uninformed. It would actually be illegal to shoot him in the leg in some jurisdictions. And police aren't trained to shoot for the head.

Again, PLEASE stop judging this # like it's a movie. That is clearly the only place you have any knowledge from.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

a reply to: KTemplar

Expect to happen?

Well if you are trying to escape a violent beating from Police, no matter the circumstance, i imagine not to be shot in the back seven times and paralyzed i suppose.

Guys kids were in the car, he was returning to the car, i think he may have given somewhat of a crap about them.

As to PTSD, i suffer from a touch of that myself, tell you one thing, if being shot seven times and paralyzed by Police don't bestow that particular malady on both the poor Man and his kids ile be "Seriously" supprised.

I read he beat up the officers; is that incorrect?

I don't know...

Jacob Blake was shot less than three minutes after police arrival nypost.com...

Clearly, the cop in this video would be unjustified in shooting back, correct? Because 3 minutes had not elapsed yet?

What in THE hell does that have to do with anything? How long you're on scene is completely irrelevant. This is just another thing uninformed people are clinging to, prompted by the media. It was (gasp) less than three minutes!

These kinds of things happen fast in the real world, a place many of you all do not seem to be familiar with.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

They're not trained to do much apparently aside from off the public at the drop of a hat.

I see you've changed strategies. Earlier you were lying nonstop, now you're trying hyperbole.

Sorry your political football deflated. The facts are out. This was a justified shooting. Don't be sad. I'm sure there will be another black man you can exploit eventually.

Exactly. An armed, violent felon was trying to flee a scene--a scene where he committed multiple additional felonies--by jumping in a vehicle with kids. Any reasonable person would fear for the safety of those children.

Not you though, because young black lives are worth your political narrative.

You're sick.

Go ahead and post more lies now, that's your usual "rebuttal."

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

a reply to: KTemplar

Expect to happen?

Well if you are trying to escape a violent beating from Police, no matter the circumstance, i imagine not to be shot in the back seven times and paralyzed i suppose.

Guys kids were in the car, he was returning to the car, i think he may have given somewhat of a crap about them.

As to PTSD, i suffer from a touch of that myself, tell you one thing, if being shot seven times and paralyzed by Police don't bestow that particular malady on both the poor Man and his kids ile be "Seriously" supprised.

I read he beat up the officers; is that incorrect?

I don't know...

Jacob Blake was shot less than three minutes after police arrival nypost.com...

I heard something of a scuffle occurred but the officers seemed to be in control, standing with guns drawn by the time the camera was turned on.

It all happened so fast.

He should have been shot once he escaped the apprehension. The policeman's gun was drawn. When it was obvious he was going to get back in that car with the kids in it and he ignored the warnings, the book says to take him out.

Once in with the kids, they needed to see a gun or an attempt to use the knife to take him out.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Yes, I'm exploiting black people for political gain.

I am what i am, i don't shoot people, and if i did it would not be in the back in full view of there kids.

As to sick, i think you may find its the US that sick right now.

Hopefully not for too long all the same. x

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Jacob "the blade" Blake is handcuffed to his hospital bed. Dad is really mad.

chicago.suntimes.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   

You know what I do when I have kids in the car and police officers start to mess with me? .... Well I do what ever they say of course, I have kids in the car ffs!

Defusing a situation goes both ways.
edit on 27-8-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Jacob "the blade" Blake is handcuffed to his hospital bed. Dad is really mad.

chicago.suntimes.com...

It's for his own protection as well as others 😎

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join