It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jacob Blake Had Knife When Shot

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

4 inch blades are legal to carry. But not to wield.

And not after you beat your way out of arrest, and have some serious warrants out for your arrest, and reach into your car where the cops can not see your hands etc...

Lots of no nos here...geez...

A hammer is legal to carry too, but not something you would want to pick up as cops have their guns on you...lol

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
a reply to: illusion987

Your topic is misleading. What I heard on the news is that he had a knife in his car not on his person. The same is stated in the very article you sourced.

Really doesn't matter if anything was in his car. Perp had already fought with police, been tazed, and was non-compliant and reaching into his vehicle for *something*. If you wait to confirm he's holding a gun someone is already shot. Cops don't have to wait to get shot before reacting.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

Your topic is misleading. What I heard on the news is that he had a knife in his car not on his person. The same is stated in the very article you sourced.

I don't think the knife is even the issue here. He was shot in the back because he was reaching into his car for something that the cops could not see. Do you think that is enough for them to shoot, or do they need to wait and see what he pulls out and then give it a few more commands and maybe a verbal 3 count before they pull the trigger?

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

is there video of him wielding it or was it longer than 4inch?

if so is that why he was shot in the back 7 times

if the blade was 4 inches I am guessing the police could have backed away at least 8-10 feet and been safe while then trying to deescalate the situation.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

You know, after a while you really do just have to laugh.

I think the funniest part is, every time they back one of these guys they wind up being the worst human beings.

edit on 27-8-2020 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2020 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

is there video of him wielding it or was it longer than 4inch?

if so is that why he was shot in the back 7 times

if the blade was 4 inches I am guessing the police could have backed away at least 8-10 feet and been safe while then trying to deescalate the situation.

Crazed guy nothing to lose WITH knife INSIDE car with two little kids also inside?
Think maybe the kids' lives were at risk?

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Maybe, IF THEY KNEW IT WAS A KNIFE. What if it was a pistol? How many shots would you let him have before return fire was acceptable?

Since there were children in the car and it was a knife, what if the police backed off and he grabbed one of the children and put the knife to their throat?

People keep confusing civilian self-defense with police procedures and obligations.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Here's the deal: him having a knife has no bearing on him getting shot. It means nothing. The officers have no way of knowing what he did or did not have.

What got him shot was repeated ignoring of officer requests/orders, and erratic movements that took his hands out of plain view of the officers. After the fact information like what weapons he may have had, etc...has no bearing on him being shot and should not be included in any arguments beyond character assessment/smear.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Lol, why didn't they just use 6 bullets?

Let me speak for everyone else bent out of shape, I could have done it with less AFTER turning him around so I wouldn't have to shoot him in the back, because he was a p.o.s.

/sarc

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
So countless more homes and businesses destroyed and lives disrupted over another false narrative.

The Left is thrilled.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Blake had a knife on the driver's side floorboard and had no other weapons, the DOJ said in a news release.

Link

In the video you can see him reaching toward the floor when he gets shot.

I was initially very concerned about this shooting, but it now appears completely justified. He was a violent felon who resisted arrest and got shot when he reached for a weapon.

And we all know that not one of the leftists here will admit they got duped, AGAIN, as they did with Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown, etc. etc.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I was thinking about that. Wouldn’t that also have an economically simulating effect?

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

What got him shot was repeated ignoring of officer requests/orders, and erratic movements that took his hands out of plain view of the officers.

So not in self defense then. Just ignoring.

I wonder if the cop whispered sweet nothing in his ears after he held him after unloading...

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

What got him shot was repeated ignoring of officer requests/orders, and erratic movements that took his hands out of plain view of the officers.

I wonder if the cop whispered sweet nothing in his ears after he held him after unloading...

You're disgusting. Thousands of people in that community have been negatively impacted over another false narrative, but you're still intent on exploiting it for political gain. You have no conscience.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
a reply to: face23785

I was thinking about that. Wouldn’t that also have an economically simulating effect?

If by "stimulating" you mean disrupting their economy even further than the overreaction to the virus did, yes it would.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
So countless more homes and businesses destroyed and lives disrupted over another false narrative.

The Left is thrilled.

I think we will all be thrilled when the police are called in and aren’t the ones doing the killing, like an arrest. So supposedly Blake is still going to paraplegic jail as he’s still facing charges.

This country is going to shake, and no it’s not about being thrilled, the left just wants police to not kill within 3 minutes.

Because pre police arrival no deaths.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   

You're disgusting. Thousands of people in that community have been negatively impacted over another false narrative, but you're still intent on exploiting it for political gain. You have no conscience.

What political gain wtf are you on about?

I never mentioned politics just facts. Right?

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Your post is illegible and indecipherable.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Here's a zoomed in still from the video...look at his hand & look at the second pic. Officers were keeping their distance because he was already armed walking to his vehicle where there have been multiple statements that he said he was going to get his gun. This is an armed convicted felon (pedophile no less - Stat Rape of a 14yr old) with open warrants for his arrest that responding officers knew about, had already been in physical conflict with officers, was apparently able to brush off at least one taser discharge & was actively trying to either escape a lawful arrest, retrieve another weapon or possibly use his vehicle to injure more people.

Pic of possible weapon in hand

Pic of weapon that it is believed to be in hand

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   

The Left is thrilled.

I think we will all be thrilled when the police are called in and aren’t the ones doing the killing, like an arrest. So supposedly Blake is still going to paraplegic jail as he’s still facing charges.

This country is going to shake, and no it’s not about being thrilled, the left just wants police to not kill within 3 minutes.

Because pre police arrival no deaths.

Oh, so there should be a timer when police arrive before they can react to a threat?

Yeah, you know how absurd that sounds. You're just backed into a corner because the facts of this case don't support the narrative you want to push.

What political gain wtf are you on about?

I never mentioned politics just facts. Right?

No you didn't' just mention facts. Not only are you disgusting, you're a liar. You get one more chance at an honest post then I move on. I'm not feeding trolls today.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join