It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh noes....the Post Office can't handle mail in ballots

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I have repeatedly heard how the PO can not handle mail in ballots!

There are approximately 331 million people in the US.

331 million

During the week of Dec. 16th, 2019 the PO handled 2.5 billion pieces of mail.

about.usps.com... 5hqD1u8NwxUnDkmYxVNOy96NZplpsS3bl_ouGRB7Tgwk

The Postal Service’s busiest time of the season peaks two weeks before Christmas, when much last-minute shopping starts. Customer traffic is expected to increase beginning Dec. 9, while the week of Dec. 16 is expected to be the busiest time for mailing, shipping and delivery. Additionally, the Postal Service predicts that nearly 2.5 billion pieces of First-Class Mail, including greeting cards, will be processed and delivered the week of Dec. 16.

2.5 billion in one week.

It is pure unadulterated BS.

Discuss

EDIT: I am 100% against general mail in balloting....if you are going to the grocery store, you can vote in person.

edit on 27-8-2020 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   
They'll be right - Cher will be along shortly to help.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

We voted through WW1 and 2

People should just go out and vote instead of rioting

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

We voted through WW1 and 2

People should just go out and vote instead of rioting

Let's hope that they do not vote.
And as ignorant as they seem , I doubt it.
edit on 8/27/20 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Back when Trump won in 2016 cher said she was moving out of USA. I often reminded that old lady on Twitter with no reply.

Haven't seen much of that old lady in the past couple of years....

originally posted by: CthruU
They'll be right - Cher will be along shortly to help.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Think.
How much of that was backlogged ?
And , how much overtime was put in ?
How many extra were temporarily hired to fill the bill for the holiday season?
Then add more bulk to that .
Pure numbers mean absolutely nothing on their own .
They have to be quantified and put into perspective.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Think.
How much of that was backlogged ?
And , how much overtime was put in ?
How many extra were temporarily hired to fill the bill for the holiday season?
Then add more bulk to that .
Pure numbers mean absolutely nothing on their own .
They have to be quantified and put into perspective.

Doesn't matter how they did it....they were able to process 2.5 billion pieces in one week. They will do the same this year.
edit on 27-8-2020 by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure there are extra steps and rules that need to be followed when handling tens of millions of presidential votes to make sure fraud or illegal activity isn't taking place. It's not just a matter of sorting and sending mail.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Plus the govt gave the PO 10 billion already this year. The 25 billion package is a non-issue just being used by Democrats and they're liberal media talking mouths as a distraction.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
I'm pretty sure there are extra steps and rules that need to be followed when handling tens of millions of presidential votes to make sure fraud or illegal activity isn't taking place. It's not just a matter of sorting and sending mail.

That isn't up to the post office. they can't open the mail and see whats being sent.
its just sorting and sending.
Now, when it arrives, its the jobs of the locals to sort through and check the mail

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

The POTUS used/requested mail in balloting so there is that.

Im 100% for people having the choice to vote how they please.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

originally posted by: SaturnFX
That isn't up to the post office. they can't open the mail and see whats being sent.
its just sorting and sending.
Now, when it arrives, its the jobs of the locals to sort through and check the mail

Right, there are people that have to do that. I don't know how the mail system works exactly, but let me propose a situation:
Say for example there are postal workers in an area that is expected to vote in favor of one candidate or another. Maybe this area is historically 80% Republican voters. Now let's say a postal worker in that area decides they're going to interfere for the sake of their preferred candidate by throwing out hundreds of votes they've received at their facility.
Huge amounts of mailed-in ballots do go missing, and it's a huge problem. It has been for a long time.

See this article, for example:

Between 2012 and 2018, 28.3 million mail-in ballots remain unaccounted for, according to data from the federal Election Assistance Commission. The missing ballots amount to nearly one in five of all absentee ballots and ballots mailed to voters

States and local authorities simply have no idea what happened to these ballots since they were mailed – and the figure of 28 million missing ballots is likely even higher because some areas in the country, notably Chicago, did not respond

A significant increase in mail-in voting this fall could greatly incentivize “ballot harvesting,” where third parties collect mail-in ballots on behalf of voters and deliver them to election officials. There’s long been a consensus that such a practice incentivizes fraud, and ballot harvesting is illegal in most of the country.

in 2016 Hillary Clinton won the popular vote by garnering over 2.8 million more votes than Donald Trump. But nearly 6 million unaccounted mail-in ballots were never counted in 2016, more than twice her margin in the popular vote.

Oregon would not reveal its data for the 2014 and 2016 elections for reasons the state would not disclose.
Source[/ ex]
edit on 8/27/2020 by trollz because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/27/2020 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Tampering with the mail is a serious offence in most nations.

Need to be a rather brave, opinionated, disgruntled, postal person, to decide to start losing unopened mail under the premise that they may not like what's inside.

Put it this way, i trust my Postman more than i do the Police these days.
edit on 27-8-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

dont you mean 150 percent will be able to vote. Dont forget all the poor staffers who have to go in overtime to make sure all those darn extra pesky ballots get filled out.

I remember back in 2004 a few of those staffers came up to me on separate occasions and asked me to vote. None asked me if I had already voted and they didn't ask me who I was going to vote for. Fraud was already rampant before voting was allowed in mass at the mailbox.
edit on 27-8-2020 by tinktinktink because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: tinktinktink

No mate i just mean what i said.

People should be free to vote how they please.

And in the manner that they choose to do so.

Also Trump has indeed requeted and used mail in balloting.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The PO only has one duty....to accept mail in balloting and to deliver the ballots to the bean counters.

They don't count the ballots.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I remember back in 2004 a few of those staffers came up to me on separate occasions and asked me to vote. None asked me if I had already voted and they didn't ask me who I was going to vote for. Fraud was already rampant before voting was allowed in mass at the mailbox.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: tinktinktink

Did you tell these "staffers" you had already cast your ballot?

Fraud will always be rampant, but mail voting fraud apparently not so much.

edit on 27-8-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Hands Up Don't Vote 😃

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Sounds like the PO is going along with a setup to have ballots in "key areas" mysteriously found to sway close elections !

Bags full found buried in corners and basements and storage closets !! 😈🦃

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join