It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paraplegic critized by PBS and Daily Caller reporters for standing for the flag at RNC as racist

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
It's despicable but not surprising. We are living in the time where people look and pretend to be adults yet act like selfish children territorial pissing all over anything. I have said it before and I will say it again. It is just words, words are CHEAP!

Actions mean everything these days as the air is so filled with BS verbiage. So many people with 'authority' speaking out their ass. Yet no one doing a damn thing! Anyone want to address the true real issues of this country instead of painting it all with disingenuous arguments deflecting from the real issues which need to addressed specifically in the USA? Anyone?? I didn't think so. It all about money and power, the people are merely props used by the leaders to achieve their selfish goals.
edit on 8/27/2020 by americanbuffalo1 because: Because Augie loves pizza

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   
But, the flag is red white and blue....no black. So, technically it could be twisted into a racist thing by some who are conditioned to twist everything into an unreal reality.

I think we should stand for the national anthem when it is played, as a sign of respect for the people who died to keep our country going. Our country would have been overthrown by corrupt power hungry world dictators if our soldiers had not fought for our freedoms. We would not have the right to protest if Hitler would have taken over the world. There are still people out there who want world dominance, and those people have lots of money and many are from European countries.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

The journo who popped up a pic of AG Cameron from Kentucky with a caption reading:

"I'm one of the good ones, Boss"

Utterly despicable.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I can't believe that anyone would get their knickers in a twist over a paralyzed man dragging himself up to stand for the Pledge.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 11:03 AM
link   
So, are the media our new law enforcement?

Seriously, they post a tweet and get 10k mob mentality going and if lucky, burn a couple blocks of a supremacist city.

Why are our sources of NEWS being used as outlets for social media? Are we just a mob ran justice system now?

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Madison Cawthorn seems a cool guy. People attacking him are probably worthless filth who only care about themselves. That's all I ever see from the new left. Me me me, my feelings, my convenience and other nonsense. I used to view it as the other way around to be the honest but that was a long time ago.

Trump's second term better do something about the massive infiltration by nation-hating subversive anarchists in the Media, Business World and Academia.

The rot has been festering for some time. Internal conspiracy is a greater threat than any terror group or rogue state.

edit on 2782020 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Unsurprising.

Some of the worst things I've ever heard come from the party of tolerance and love.

How...Orwellian.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: ketsuko

Unsurprising.

Some of the worst things I've ever heard come from the party of tolerance and love.

How...Orwellian.

Hate is love. Intolerance is tolerance.

The entire ideology is based on doublethink.

I have seen no one in my life who was more hateful and intolerant than the new leftists. I have genuinely met cult members (Scientologists specifically) less fanatical in their convictions and hatred of their alleged enemies.

Disturbing to say the least.
edit on 2782020 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

That's because it is no longer a political bloc. It is a non-theistic religion.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies
President Trump campaigned on removing Federal Funding from ultra-liberal PBS. (Public Broadcasting Service)

But he relented after being begged by suburban moms not to do so.

Does PBS still have the Barnaby, Teletubbies, Sesame Street shows on every day? That could be why. My sons loved them when they were kids.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Someone needs to show suburban moms how financially lucrative such shows are. They're not going away.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Bacon?

You mean the whole cow!

WAIT! I see it... it's in the nose!

Damn... He was only reciting the pledge in a meaningful way. These people can totally disrupt a wet dream in a sex addicted brothel of all places.

So he went.... For which I stand... while explaining the pledge in the same manner. "For which it stands".... Thats the only thing he did...

Anyone sick of being sick of all of this BLM racist crap? Tellin ya folx... It's going to get worse. People have been getting their fill. Someone wants it to over flow and that's what it's going to do.... People will just have enough, all colors, all sides... and someone is going to light a match and all of this BS is going to go BOOM in a big way.

edit on 27-8-2020 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Not sure why you take his act of standing as protest...it is a sign of respect for our flag and country...thats about it.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
She should totaly be fired. Since we're ruining lives right now over who you vote for or what you say out loud...

SHE should not get a free pass. I want her fired. I want her to feel exactly what the others on the opposite side of her fence are feeling. I want her to loose her job... Her home. Her family. Seriously. I really do.

Can't do unto one without doing the same unto the other....

Her house should turn to smoldering ash... I really, REALLY want her to feel what she and others like her are portraying onto others. I have zero sympathy over this. You can call me all the foul names you want. You can think horrible things about me. I don't care. All I care about is a little payback - you know... Lets make this even across the board.

You wanna play this dumb $#!^ ? Then she should be included in the same prize basket. Fireings, laid off, beat down on the street, kicked in the head... all of it. They need to take their part in the festivities.

Personally... I truly believe THIS is where racism comes from. People just like this.... I couldn't stand to look in her face without spitting in it...

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Not really going to spend much time on the cults response to the dude standing up, other than to post this great Babylon Bee article

As someone who deals with some pretty serious health issues, I found it inspiring. It can be be extremely difficult to rise above our cripple-ocity and still achieve our goals and dreams. Its a constant, relentless battle every single day that most cant understand (which is good) or that gets constantly overlooked (not so good).

Its pandering, sure. But, that completely ignores what this might mean to Cawthorn, as well as those with somewhat similar struggles. Just like the guy who cleaned up those streets & areas (cant remember what his name was, sadly) was called "republican pandering..." Those areas were still better at the end of the day.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
People have the right to stand or sit in protest, no?

He can stand in protest and people can kneel in protest.

Or what would you have do to the people who’s protest you disagree with?

I applaud him for standing, as I applaud entire teams choosing to not play basketball whilst the country goes down to shlit.

There’s more at stake than some basketball crap.

People also have a right to form an opinion on others based on their behavior.

Teams choosing to not play basketball is inane. Who are they hurting? Who is the primary audience of the NBA? Rich white folks? LOL...those basketball players will show them! Meanwhile, kids in the hood now have 1 less good thing in their life. If i didn't know any better, I'd say the NBA was part of a concerted effort to make life as miserable as possible for black people. Burn down their businesses, make them jobless, terrorize their communities by sending in methed out white kids to riot, and now kill the NBA playoffs.

I'll hold my applause while I wait on a reason to clap. All I see coming from NBA players are tantrums that hurt the one segment of the community they claim to be trying to lift up.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: odzeandennz
People have the right to stand or sit in protest, no?

He can stand in protest and people can kneel in protest.

Or what would you have do to the people who’s protest you disagree with?

I applaud him for standing, as I applaud entire teams choosing to not play basketball whilst the country goes down to shlit.

There’s more at stake than some basketball crap.

People also have a right to form an opinion on others based on their behavior.

Teams choosing to not play basketball is inane. Who are they hurting? Who is the primary audience of the NBA? Rich white folks? LOL...those basketball players will show them! Meanwhile, kids in the hood now have 1 less good thing in their life. If i didn't know any better, I'd say the NBA was part of a concerted effort to make life as miserable as possible for black people. Burn down their businesses, make them jobless, terrorize their communities by sending in methed out white kids to riot, and now kill the NBA playoffs.

I'll hold my applause while I wait on a reason to clap. All I see coming from NBA players are tantrums that hurt the one segment of the community they claim to be trying to lift up.

I'm all for the NBA striking the entire season - let them protest and be heard.

Then the owners will go bankrupt.

Then all the players will be out of a job and their multi-million dollar salaries

Would serve them right for dissing their fans and thinking their feelings matter more than doing something that makes the money that gives them the million dollar salaries

A bunch of 1%ers making decisions that will destroy their jobs, smart guys

I hope they keep striking the entire season that would serve them right

Who needs pro-ball anyway. Our household normally watches NBA and college, but love college more. There are enough college options that the NBA can just rot if that's what the players decide to do. We as fans don't care even the littlest bit.

Let them protest, let them kneel, they have the freedom to destroy their livelihoods if they so choose

Let a paraplegic stand

Freedom is freedom

top topics

<< 1   >>

join