It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC quietly changes testing guidelines to exclude people with no symptoms

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Why would they be doing this? All along we have been told pre-symptomatic or asymptomatic people are carriers and it even adds if they have been around persons that are COVID positive. That's pretty much the exact opposite they have been spouting from the mountain tops since February. Something is up, is it more political or biological?

New COVID-19 testing guidelines released this week by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention say that people without symptoms do not need to be tested even if they have been in close contact with someone who tested positive, quietly reversing previous guidance that recommended testing “for all close contacts of confirmed or probable COVID-19 patients.”

The agency’s revised guidelines go against public health experts’ consensus that people with COVID-19 tend to be most contagious before they begin to show symptoms, as well as the fact that some people will never show symptoms at all but can still spread the virus. That is why experts have recommended widespread testing as a crucial element in containing the disease.

www.... aol.com/article/lifestyle/2020/08/26/cdc-quietly-changes-testing-guidelines-to-exclude-people-with-no-symptoms/24600565/
edit on 26-8-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Because now they have the results of hundreds of thousands of tests which have shown very few asymptomatic people have tested positive?

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

"So I told them, SLOW THE TESTING DOWN...PLEASE!"

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
In two months, they turn around and tell us something along the lines of "8 out of 10 we tested are positive, showing symptoms and need treatment!"

Statistics.

I did not know AOL was still a thing!

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
So this can magically end November 4th?

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
They don't want to admit that their theory of testing to prove the spread of Covid is totally, totally erroneous. Just by one simple fact ie. you get tested for Covid because you came into contact with some one with Covid, You test negative and walk away. Bbbuuutt, 5 minutes after you walk away you come into contact with a "live" person. Now how many times must you be tested? The failing is they can only say you're clear for that specific time, not 1 minute, not 5 minutes, or even days after.
What they should really be testing for is antibodies that can prove that you've already had Covid and free from infecting anyone and will not contract it again. But they've come back with a doozie, you can catch Covid again even if you have antibodies. But they've shot themselves in the foot with that one because if that's the case NO and I mean NO immunisation would work as any vaccine works by boosting the immune system to produce antibodies.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

There was a study where they followed people who had positive tests. It was a very large sample, and they tracked their contacts during that time. A good portion of them were asymptomatic, and out of the asymptomatic sample, there was only one case of transmission from asymptomatic to another person that they could document, and that was despite testing the people they came into contact with regularly for the study in question.

If that study is indicative of the truth, what they know, and given what is known about children passing it on - virtually unheard of with asymptomatic kids too, then why do you need to know who has and has no symptoms?

Additionally, they were testing in the NFL. Initial rounds of testing returned 77 positives. All cases were asymptomatic, but it also turned out that every single one of those tests was false positive further underscoring that the testing may be really unreliable.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
So this is essentially the CDC finally doing what Trump wants now, after 5 months of we need to test everybody ? I don't buy that at all. 34 states are now below the 1.0 Rt value, that's most in 3-4 months. They know they are just wasting time and money because so many people are coming back negative, and they need a higher ratio of infected to tested. Otherwise it carries no weight.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Most places are below their peak in this.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Because now they have the results of hundreds of thousands of tests which have shown very few asymptomatic people have tested positive?

Nope. The in the article, the CDC admits that approximately 40% of cases are asymptomatic even though the infected individual can still spread the virus.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
In two months, they turn around and tell us something along the lines of "8 out of 10 we tested are positive, showing symptoms and need treatment!"

Statistics.

That my feeling too, it the need a higher ratio of sick to tested

Lol I get told that all the time LOL, our original business email was through AOL, and even though we all have new emails we still get inquiries from long time customers old school, customers on our AOL account.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Statistics.

My immediate thought was so that they could claim an even higher percentage of test positives.

They don’t want positive no-symptom people testing, which screws up their story that this is the most contagious and most deadly virus evvvvver.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
When the White House stops testing asymptomatic staff and guests, then I'll trust the CDC (Center for Covid Denial) guidelines.

Until then, there's this:

At a moment when experts have almost universally come forward to encourage more frequent and widespread testing, especially to reach vulnerable and marginalized sectors of the population, the C.D.C.’s update appears counterintuitive and “very strange,” said Susan Butler-Wu, a clinical microbiologist at the Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California.

Just weeks ago, the National Institutes of Health announced the first round of grant recipients for its Rapid Acceleration of Diagnostics program, or RADx, to scale up coronavirus testing in the coming weeks and months. On the agency’s RADx website, officials underscore the importance of prioritizing tests that can “detect people who are asymptomatic.”

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 26-8-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Statistics.

My immediate thought was so that they could claim an even higher percentage of test positives.

They don’t want positive no-symptom people testing, which screws up their story that this is the most contagious and most deadly virus evvvvver.

Thats my overwhelming feeling too, it's all about the stats.It's like here in Georgia they were freaking about hospitals a few weeks ago but now that little bump is gone and nobody changed a damn thing or wore a mask more or shutdown anything.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Perhaps, however more testing lowers the death rate per 1000, or 1,000,000 tested.

edit on 26-8-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Wonder how many tests they did? But if the 77 positive results were all false could we say that the tests were 100% inaccurate?
This is why we will never know the true number of cases or deaths.
To many false positive and reporting car crash victims as a covid death, and other deaths as well.

edit on 26030000008 by JHumm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I posted this about 5 days ago.

One of the biggest reasons for the lockdowns (and masks) was asymptomatic carriers. Now asymptomatic carriers is looking like BS, you don't spread the virus till you feel sick. That was a good one though, very scary and everyone you see could be a carrier. Whoever thought that one up should be proud.

We need to get to the bottom of who has been lying to the world and why.

They need to face justice for their crimes.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Is it really rational to believe what CDC says? After all the errors they've made so far?

This is really all about power and politics and money. It is NOT about public health.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
When the White House stops testing asymptomatic staff and guests, then I'll trust the CDC (Center for Covid Denial) guidelines.

LOL well there's a first...you believing something that come out of the White House. Of course the White House is always going to take extra precautions. After DT is in a ar risk category.

The CDC switched because the data now doesn't support thier earlier conclusions.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
More Democrat tricks and injections of confusion 😎

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join