It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

well past time for this conversation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Republicans monetarily focus on the Military industrial complex, leaving the rest to the private sector.

Democrats monetarily Focus on basically every thing else, trying to federalize everything they can .

So the fed has only been buying military related assets?

Take a look at their balance sheets and get back to me.

your taking me out of context , Obviously its not just Military spending BUT that is the general focus of the Right.

Now with the Covid pandemic going on what ever the spending focus for Republicans might have been obviously that has changed.

Each year a budget is drawn up we all know this and everything from Tanks to Roads , Schools , and Foreign aid etc etc etc is included and everything gets its Money yes . But the way they divide the money is quite different, the right defers to the private sector for much much more it's called capitalism , The left draws in as much 'Power' as it can under the Federal umbrella every time they hold the reigns .

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

You must be referring to the [Omnibus] bill. Yearly Itemized and redacted (for black projects) bill of spending.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

The military is a huge portion of our borrowing, in wars with countries who never attacked us while the ones who were more complicit are touted as allies. Now that I got that off my chest, that point is moot seeing as the left is clearly on board with the neo conservative foreign policy stance.

But there's a lot of corporate subsidies that come from the right too, even pre COVID.

I'm not taking your point out of context, I just think it's wrong.

The right claims to be fiscally conservative, but lip service and actions are two different things. I tend to go off the latter.

Edit: spending to borrowing. We're not spending at this point, we're borrowing... An antithesis to fiscal conservatism.
edit on 26-8-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rekrul
a reply to: network dude

We need to bring back ancient Roman torture. I wouldn't mind seeing some of these politicians go up against Caligulas wall of death.

ALA game show style. Sell tickets, Pay per View, merchandising, good lord, we are going to be rich!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Consider this.

The US dollar is actually inescapably inflationary if left alone.

So we have to print and print just to balance it.

The US is better than any currency in any nation. I can go anywhere and my US $ is king.

The only reason ANY other currency is of any value is because you can trade them for US $.

Thats because oil is tied to the US $.

Oil prices were so low and printing trillions is the only solution before it slides to chaos and cars cost 500$ new and wages were like 15c an hour....

So technically what is happening is that the whole world is on a crash course with infinite faith in US $.

You think it's not worth much? Here I'll take it.
Yeah no one's handing it out.

Our faith in the US $ grows and must be stopped.

So therefore FED prints and debased its insane value.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

I could be wrong, but I don't think you will see 8 to 10 threads a day on how mean he is.

instead there will be 8 to 10 threads a day on how he is senile, eats children, how he is a Marxist, or part of the clinton cartel.

He has enough baggage for some real world conspiracy theories, and he did have that odd, sniffing kids and women's hair situation a while back. So I think if he makes it, he won't be ignored, but it would be interesting.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Annee
I think there’s going to be an increase of civil unrest.

Either way.
quickly followed by national guard to shut down cities by 8, force curfews, and arrest disorderly enemy combatants. Depending on who wins that is. The unrest will not be allowed to continue. It's my hope that the Justice Department has investigated this and found the source of the organization here, and can make some terrorism arrests.

Yes. That’s pretty much what they did for the Watts Riots.

They brought in National Guard & contained the area.

They did not try to stop it. But, it was not allowed to spread.

As most of these that get sensationalized — they’re a small area. When relatives sent us front page news stories of Watts — you woulda thought all of Los Angeles was in flames.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The longer it takes to declare a winner, the greater the likelihood for all-out Civil War in America.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The longer it takes to declare a winner, the greater the likelihood for all-out Civil War in America.

Well the way media is inflaming certain things right now, with democrat backing, who's to say that isn't their end goal?

What do Biden, Kamala, or the governors of burning cities have to say about the violent unrest other than to cheer it on but don't do it on my block lul.

Who knows maybe it will be one of those intensely peaceful wars.

edit on 26-8-2020 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

The euro will give us a run for our money (pun intended) slin the next decade.

Also, we're approaching a period where oil won't be the only game in town.

We're going to lose all of our financial leverage soon(ish). Our fiat will be viewed as all the rest.

It could happen faster too if people abandon treasury bonds, which at this rate just lose money.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

The military is a huge portion of our borrowing, in wars with countries who never attacked us while the ones who were more complicit are touted as allies. Now that I got that off my chest, that point is moot seeing as the left is clearly on board with the neo conservative foreign policy stance.

But there's a lot of corporate subsidies that come from the right too, even pre COVID.

I'm not taking your point out of context, I just think it's wrong.

The right claims to be fiscally conservative, but lip service and actions are two different things. I tend to go off the latter.

Edit: spending to borrowing. We're not spending at this point, we're borrowing... An antithesis to fiscal conservatism.

We've been borrowing since the 1900's onward never once have we had a balanced budget post 1900.

And your right about the Republicans at least so long as there is a War going on they are not fiscally conservative , if we some how found ourselves with a Republican and no War it could be different but such a situation would be paradoxical.

A republican and no War absurd.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

We borrowed money to fund the Revolution vs Britain.

So this nation was founded on borrowing.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

We borrowed money to fund the Revolution vs Britain.

So this nation was founded on borrowing.

Yea those French sure can hold a Grudge .

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

Could you Imagine if the Left had actually supported Donald Trump once he was elected , Imagine if they had reached across the isle and respected the fact that he was duly elected.

Worked with him on the Economy , Worked with him on passing bills, worked with him on fixing immigration just in general acted like adults and worked not for themselves but for the benefit of the United States of America and it's people .

We would be living in a wonderland , but no instead the Left just # the bed and kept #ting the bed.

Can you imagine if the right had supported Obama when he was trying to......

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: walkinghomer

Could you Imagine if the Left had actually supported Donald Trump once he was elected , Imagine if they had reached across the isle and respected the fact that he was duly elected.

Worked with him on the Economy , Worked with him on passing bills, worked with him on fixing immigration just in general acted like adults and worked not for themselves but for the benefit of the United States of America and it's people .

We would be living in a wonderland , but no instead the Left just # the bed and kept #ting the bed.

A fair point and an Irrefutable fact.

But then again I don't recall them trying to Impeach Pres.Obama basically his entire first term either .

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: walkinghomer

....kill and destroy the constitution/nation???

WTF are you talking about? Are we takling about the same Obama? The one who made the NDAA?!?

Please tell me what you specificly wanted anyone to help that war criminal with???

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Your splitting hairs here man, of course there is the exception to everything .

Splitting hairs? They toss money to farmers, oil companies, defense contractors, aircraft manufacturers and on and on. They spend just as much as Democrats, they just lie and tell you that they're fiscally conservative.

As Shakespeare said: "A pox on both of their houses!"

smh

Actually, shaking my head repeatedly these days. I look like Michael J. Fox who suffers from Parkinson's disease, 'fer Christ's sake...

edit on 8/27/2020 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
You sir!

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Either way.
For a change I agree with you.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Either way.
For a change I agree with you.

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join