It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10,000 Year Old Concrete in Polynesia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
It often is, then dismissed as myth.
a reply to: Rekrul

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Hanslune

Dead link.
Dammit, sounds good. As we speak I can gaze at an offshore island (Kapapa) which is the remnant of a coral reef. A result of sea level subsidence.

Spent a number of overnighters out there as a teenager. Much safer than driving around Honolulu.

Yeah use to fish near there. Live in Kailua in the early sixties. I remember JFK visited the Marine base and his Jackie visited our school.

The evidence is quite interesting. Unfortunately don't know anyone who is associated with the French or might have experience with that Island.

Try that link again

horizon.documentation.ird.fr...

If it breaks again here is the cite:

New Hebrides trench: subduction rate from associated lithospheric bulge1 J. DUBOIS, J. LAUNAY, AND J. RECY ORSTOM B.P. A5 Noumea, New Caledonia

I'm getting it as a pdf off Google scholar

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

a reply to: FishBait

That's weird. The link in your quote works but the one in the post you replied to does not.

The sample from Pine Island dates to 118,000 years ago but that date is considered unreliable.

The age of the coral from the Isle of Pines is unreliable because it has been recrystallized by as much as 30%, and it was the only sample dated from this site

I wonder what recrystallization of coral might entail.

Odd that it works in one place and not the other - mysteries of the internet.

I was wondering if the structures could be some weird part of a lifted reef. However despite spear fishing around coral reefs as a kid I don't actually know much about them.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Ancient coral heads could fit.

But there are clusters of these things at pretty high elevations (100+ meters). Accounting for the iron oxide is also problematic if the presumption is that these are uplifted reefs.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   
saw a video years ago , a doco. in the genre of ' Killing of America' where they showed tribal justice of a traditional sense. A village chomo had been discovered. Eventually he was bound hand & foot & laid on the ground & prevented from moving. Other tribesmen had sourced 25-30 foot long bamboo type poles that they'd spent some time shaving/filing down into a needle like point end. A speech was given by presumably an elder after which the pointed tip was placed mere centimeters into his anus. Then with many men involved they hoisted the pole 90 degrees facing the sky with this chomo atop it until gravity & his own sphincter let him down. It struck me that all the men had to keep everything 90degrees until the chomo's feet touched down again, perhaps these holes described were pole holders of sorts ? Like a macabre giant incense stick holder....sort of .

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Ancient coral heads could fit.

But there are clusters of these things at pretty high elevations (100+ meters). Accounting for the iron oxide is also problematic if the presumption is that these are uplifted reefs.

Yes odd and odder. The great mantra of archaeology must be said - we need more money, people and inspiration to excavate more!

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   
After reading the article referenced by the OP, I happened upon an article about a town in Upper Mustang, part of Nepal.

In the picture was an ornamental part of a building that bears a VERY strong resemblance to the illustration of the concrete structure, and the piece buried underneath it.

Here is the link to the photo:

en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:LoManthang_1.JPG

Perhaps these are representations of something that impressed ancient people, and have been reproduced down through generations.

Say you?

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   
If they knew how to make concrete id have to say where is the buildings? Romans built all kinds of things when they learned to make concrete. To think they would just use it to put posts in the ground is silly. However these mounds were made the process eventually led to concreate but i suspect the time it took may have been hundreds of years.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

There are all manner of concretes, over time Lime based concretes break down as the lime is taken out of them by water solubility, plant's etc leaving just graven and sand were there used to be solid concrete but there are possibly other forms of Geopolymer that could have survived.
For example the Bosnian Pyramid's that many still deny are a prime example of a stone technology that look's like the nearby rock but is actually very different, harder even than modern concrete.

Then there are claims that some ancient civilization may have had the knowledge to soften stone either through chemical's or even acoustic vibrations (though I have yet to see an opera singer melt a mountain).
Then there is the whole subject of sound levitation.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I think I've seen this before.
This is a photo from OP's link of a Tumuli field full of mounds.

Here is the excavation diagram's.

Here is a theory on how they were built.

And here is what comes to mind.

This is HAARP.

And what was built, may have been a huge antenna field, used to send a specific frequency.
Maybe, maybe not.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Here is a better view of that particular Bosnian hill. Lab have you ever noticed that you only ever get images of that hill from a certain view point? You never see behind it?

Here's why:

centerforcreativeconsciousness.com...

A contour map of the area showing the 'pyramid' is just part of a ridge line. People photograph it to avoid showing the connection to the parent ridge to promote it being a stand alone pyramid - it ain't.

Now do I expect you to believe that? Nope, I'm showing this to you and other items so you understand why others don't except your opinions. We do so not because we are evil meanies who are part of vast conspiracy but for sound, rational scientific reasons based on evidence and reasoned, sagacious, astute and cogent determination.

Now you can go on believing but understand why we don't agree with you.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

I think I've seen this before.

Here is the excavation diagram's.

Here is a theory on how they were built.

And here is what comes to mind.

This is HAARP.

And what was built, may have been a huge antenna field, used to send a specific frequency.
Maybe, maybe not.

Kool but the tumuli on the Isle of pines show no such regularity of placement.

popular-archaeology.com...
edit on 29/8/20 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

No it isn't. It's a photo from Cameroon.

Figure 7A, 7B (2 images): A view showing so-called “mima-like mounds” and a graphic illustrating two hypothesized erosion scenarios resulting in the formation of mima-like mounds. Graphic kindly provided by Nathalie Diaz, University of Lausanne.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

No it isn't. It's a photo from Cameroon.

Figure 7A, 7B (2 images): A view showing so-called “mima-like mounds” and a graphic illustrating two hypothesized erosion scenarios resulting in the formation of mima-like mounds. Graphic kindly provided by Nathalie Diaz, University of Lausanne.

OK , I get it. I saw the photo in the link and felt it was connected.
So what are your thoughts on the construction?

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   

The first thing I notice is that the drawing seems to misrepresent the "cement core."

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

And you don't see a visible shaft here either, correct?

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

And you don't see a visible shaft here either, correct?

Actually, you can see it in the image I posted. It looks about as circular as the core is regular. Not very.

The drawing seems to misrepresent the "concrete core."
edit on 8/29/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Ah, I see what you mean. There is a concrete cap or dome on top of this one particular, pillar.
What do you think these are? What are your thoughts on how the concrete was made from a period so far back? What would be the purpose of the iron nuggets set in a circular fashion?

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I'm not convinced that the concrete is artificial.

I'm not convinced that the iron oxide nodules are in any more of a circular pattern than the core is regular. From all appearances, there are probably nodules throughout the core.

I'm not convinced there is a "purpose."

edit on 8/29/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I'm not convinced that the concrete is artificial.

I'm not convinced that the iron oxide nodules are in any more of a circular pattern than the core is regular. From all appearances, there are probably nodules throughout the core.

I'm not convinced there is a "purpose."

OOOOH, natural concrete, I haven't heard of that before.

When I look at this photo, outside the box, I can see a concrete gear housing. I can see where the two narrow shafts come together at a 90 degree angle.

The second narrow shaft extends down through the dirt and perhaps, was connected to what we see, as a drill bit. The tailings would surface by going up the space between the natural concrete inner shaft and the shaft that spins the bit.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join