It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Spreading the Wealth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I don't know... how much money is CNN planning on giving away?

Not very long ago, it was announced that CNN settled a $250 million ($250,000,000.00, a quarter of a billion dollars) lawsuit over their defamation of Nickolas Sandmann, the young man who was accosted by a dude beating a drum in his face because Sandmann was wearing a MAGA hat. Of course, CNN decided to take this story and run with it, in the process showing Sandmann, who was a minor at the time, in a defamatory light on a national stage. As it turns out, CNN got it exactly wrong: instead of Sandmann harassing the native dude as was claimed, the native dude was actually getting in Sandmann's face!

Oopsy...

Well, tonight, at the Republican National Convention, Nickolas Sandmann gave a speech. I saw part of it... good speech IMO. Well-written and well-executed.

Then I catch a blurb of this:
CNN's Joe Lockhart attacks Sandmann as 'snot nose entitled kid' after network's defamation suit

Joe Lockhart
@joelockhart

I'm watching tonight because it's important. But i don't have to watch this snot nose entitled kid from Kentucky.
Straight from the Twitter's mouth.

Now, it's CNN's money (I assume George Soros gave it to them, so it's theirs), but I just find it hard to understand why they would want to give Nickolas Sandmann another quarter of a billion dollars. He's going to be richer than Donald Trump if this keeps up! The boy's lawyers are probably throwing a party right now thinking of all the extra bucks they'll be getting.

Does anyone know how to get CNN to defame me? I mean, I'm not hurting for cash or anything, but if they're just that desperate to get rid of their money I'd be happy to assist! Any other takers on this? It looks like that well is far from drained.

Besides, Sandmann is gonna need his own bank if this keeps up. He still has lawsuits against a bunch of other CNN co-conspirators.

TheRedneck

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

it also amazes me that they allow one of their hosts to go off on this kid again

especially given that is damn hard to almost the point of seeing a unicorn that any "main stream news outlet" is allowed to be sued in court for defamation and slander .

even rarer that anyone ever wins..
add to it wins BIG IN THE MILLION DOLLAR range
250 million goes further and beyond seeing a unicorn.

yet they screwed up so bad that it happened.

now that means there is a precedent that CNN specifically (dont know how other lawsuits are going) targeted this kid

that makes it EASIER if one of them (as just done) flips off on this kid that he can say they are doing it again or retribution for him wining in court (or both).

I think the cheers of joy from his lawyers looking at another large payday are dwarfed by the "o sh&t" and jaw dropping by CNN legal staff.

scrounger

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   

...Does anyone know how to get CNN to defame me? I mean, I'm not hurting for cash or anything, but if they're just that desperate to get rid of their money I'd be happy to assist! Any other takers on this? It looks like that well is far from drained.

For that kind of coinage, you can say whatever you like about me, lol

CNN don't seem very sharp, but then again, neither do their devout viewers and 'believers',

Next round's on you, Nickolas!

(Ok, this one's on me, habit)

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Here in Atlanta , headquarters of CNN , there is , and has been , a multitude of lawsuits for sexual harassment and discrimination .
AT&T needs to ditch that "money pit" .

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Even more amazing is that this guy will listen to anything a snot nosed entitled kid from Sweden has to say and applaud.

But on the lawsuit topic...snot nosed entitled kid is an opinion, not defamatory.

edit on 26-8-2020 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Nickolas Sandman is going to have to open another bank account. His current one is full.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I hope that a lot more people sue CNN. They twist so many things on their news that I don't understand why the FCC even allows them to continue broadcasting the news.

I am thinking there will be one major lawsuit from Trump if Trump loses the election or when his terms are up since they inappropriately slammed him so much and were trying to promote income loss of his companies by slamming them using evidence that often was not relevant or pertinent to what they were applying it to.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
CNN is masochistic.
That's right...they enjoy being spanked.
George Soros will keep their paychecks going out on time, no matter how many times they get sued.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Did he actually get the $250 million or was that what he was suing for and they settled for something else out of court that hasn't been revealed to the public? Regardless, your point is still valid. I'm just curious about the dollar figure.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: acparker7

It was probably settled for less, no details, but even if it was for 10% of 250 million, that's still 25 million, LOL. It was likely more than 10%.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Any other takers on this? It looks like that well is far from drained.

Okay here's the plan!

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

snot nosed entitled kid is an opinion, not defamatory.

Not stand alone, no, it is not defamatory. However, the entire lawsuit as I understand it was based on a pattern of continual attacks leading to unwanted celebrity status. In that context, this is another domino in the line and a reason to re-open the suit.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

Reports are that it was settled for $250 million.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I would think the young man speaking at a political convention would make him fair game for criticism.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Fair criticism, yes.

I have to point out, he was forced into political celebrity status. He would not have been at that convention were it not for CNN. He would have been just another guy chasing his American Dream in whatever occupation he was studying toward. Now, thanks to CNN's actions, he likely can't get a job anywhere else; what business wants a political lightning rod like that as an employee?

This "snot nosed entitled kid from Kentucky" is CNN's own doing, their own creation, and they have already admitted guilt in settling the lawsuit once. They need to stay far from the personal remarks and look at policy if they don't want to throw more money at him. A policy disagreement would be a lot harder to show as a continuation of previous personal attacks.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
They're losing their minds...literally.

Festering hate does that to people. It eats you from the inside out.

If you are pro-life, pro-God, pro-Constitution (including all the Bill of Rights), pro America, pro secure borders, pro law and order, pro strong economy, pro legal immigration, pro lower taxes....the leftwing eneMedia is going to hate you with a hatred so deep they can't control themselves.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I love that this thread, like ALL Sandmann threads, have absolutely ZERO input from the resident leftists

The words ‘Nick Sandmann’ are totally devastating to every single one of them

cNn was wrong. Nick Sandmann is truly an upstanding young man.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I think this is the full speech he gave, pretty good stuff. I have great respect for anyone who can stand by their principles in the face of immense peer pressure.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: panoz77

Reports are that it was settled for $250 million.

TheRedneck

I think he sued them for $275 Mil, but the settlement would have been a percentage of that, not likely 250 Mil, but probably 30-50% of the original amount. Either way, HE'S RICH BITCH!

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Sorry to be off topic TheRedneck , but i cant seem to find my mornings slice of comedic value from the troll SG , has he removed it ,Seems like his trolling was finally catching up with him ,edit to add i,ve found the post now , cheers a reply to: TheRedneck

edit on 27-8-2020 by themove1904 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join