It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“Mars Express” with Ralf Jaumann - Game Changer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Prof. Ralf Jaumann is a professor at the Free University of Berlin and has served until 2019 as deputy director of the DLR Institute of Planetary Research. He is principal investigator of the HRSC on the mission.

Ralf Jaumann is a highly cited expert in Mars and lunar science. In addition to his work for MEX, he has built and scientifically used cameras for DAWN and Mascot on Hayabusa2. He has been a Co-I or science team member on Cassini, Rosetta, Venus Express, and InSight.

This Seminar was recorded on August 20, 2020

“Mars Express” with Ralf Jaumann (Freie Universität Berlin, Germany)

This video covers from the late 1800's when people thought there was life on Mars to current time.

This hour and ten minute video touches on a great deal of Mars exploration history. Heavy, of course, on findings by Mars Express.

Ralf Jaumann was the principal investigator of the high resolution camera on Mars Express. He covers a lot in this video. He even hits topics like liquid water on Mars and life on Mars. It was a tough video for me to get through with his accent.

It is well worth the time if you are interested in Mars. It has a wealth of Mars and Mars exploration information packed into it. With charts and graphs and pics.

The International Space Science Institute is proud to announce its first online Seminar series in its history.

While ISSI’s mission is to provide the international Space Science Community with a forum for meeting and discussion in an informal and productive atmosphere here in Bern and document the result in the literature, the Corona crisis has accelerated earlier plans for online tools that may supplement our core in person meeting program.

ISSI hopes that this series will help to bridge the Corona gap in scientific communication and may be continued even after the crisis will be over.

Online Seminars: Game Changers

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Wonder how mars will fare going through these dead supernova remains like earth is. Iron-60

edit on 25-8-2020 by Rekrul because: (no reason given)

I'm going to guess very poorly. Nasa needs to step up to the plate already
edit on 25-8-2020 by Rekrul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Rekrul

Wonder how mars will fare going through these dead supernova remains like earth is. Iron-60

Both being part of the Solar System, we've both been doing so for a very long time.

Here, we report on the detection of a continuous interstellar 60Fe influx on Earth over the past ∼33,000 y. This time period coincides with passage of our SS through such interstellar clouds, which have a significantly larger particle density compared to the local average interstellar medium embedding our SS for the past few million years.

www.pnas.org...

And not much makes it past the solar wind.

The low number of 19 detected atoms indicates a continued but low influx of interstellar 60Fe.

edit on 8/26/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Don't know how I forgot this.

He points out a UFO orbiting Mars!

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
A extremely long time. Look at the half-life of the molecule. That type of iron isn't found on earth naturally, or Mars. I'm willing to bet on it.

Let's see what you have my friend. I still think you are the most worthy here on this site.
edit on 26-8-2020 by Rekrul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Rekrul

That type of iron isn't found on earth naturally, or Mars. I'm willing to bet on it.

Actually, it is. And like every heavy element which is found naturally on Earth, it is probably a product of long ago supernovas.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

He points out a UFO orbiting Mars!

How does he know it's orbiting?

Or perhaps it's a cosmic ray striking the sensor?

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Only because we're used to it on the life scale of being a human being. We're relatively young on the life scale. You know that

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Nobody notices space weather and planetary trajectories

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 01:59 AM
link   

now is the time to view Mars if you have a decent set up

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage are you Prince Harry, Phage?

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

It could be a product of our own sun, if you believe our sun has periodic recurrent micronovas....

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

Pretty far off topic. Never mind.

new topics

top topics

join