It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Jacob Blake (Kenosha) being charged with?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Just another scumbag human who didn't cooperate and got shot. Not worth rioting over. I'm all for investigating the police involved and punishing if they did not follow procedure. But burning down your town because this jackass was a jackass? Just stupid.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Members must Stay on Topic!!!

No Political Trolling.....either in words or images.
Is There Civilization Without Civility

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   
You don't have to stop posting. Just don't break the rules.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

Only cowards (police or not) shoot someone in the back. Once...or 7 times. Imagine that happening on NYPD Blue, or Chicago PD, or Blue Bloods. Never did, unless it was accidental.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Only cowards (police or not) shoot someone in the back. Once...or 7 times. Imagine that happening on NYPD Blue, or Chicago PD, or Blue Bloods. Never did, unless it was accidental.

I honestly think you watch too much TV. Sh!t happens in the real world.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc
He could have been an incorrectly identified man and completely innocent.

Doesn't mean you can ignore police with guns drawn and reach into your car for "some reason".

Black people have "the talk" with their children for a reason.
This guy never had the talk.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Should they have politely waited whilst he went through his car?

If I'm a cop I'm shooting before they grab the gun.
Possibly why I'm not a cop.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Yes, and then faced off in the middle of the street just like The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Does it matter, in the grand scheme of things, what the man will be charged with?

Remember the incident a few weeks back (think it was in Arizona) where police were dispatched to a noise complaint, and it turned out to be just some guy and his girlfriend playing video games loudly? There was not going to be any criminal charges or even a detainment, but the man answered the door to the police with a handgun.

You don't have to be committing a crime to put yourself in peril when interacting with police. If they are trying to speak with you or temporarily detain you for questioning, and you start making hazardous or threatening moves, then the situation is going to escalate.

The police were trying to detain the guy in Wisconsin when they were called in to investigate a domestic dispute incident, and he was not listening or cooperating, and tried to get in a car.

There is a long, looong pattern in these cases of suspects simply not cooperating or listening or doing anything right as it pertains to interacting with police. It demonstrates total disregard for authority and lack of any understanding that as members of society we all have obligations to help the police keep the peace.

It's real simple, you never ever have to TALK to police or answer questions, you can ask for an attorney at any time, but if they request you stop moving, show your hands, don't get in your car, you f'ing do it. Some people cannot grasp these two simple concepts with how to interact with law enforcement, and they end up getting hurt.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened
Does it matter, in the grand scheme of things, what the man will be charged with?

Remember the incident a few weeks back (think it was in Arizona) where police were dispatched to a noise complaint, and it turned out to be just some guy and his girlfriend playing video games loudly? There was not going to be any criminal charges or even a detainment, but the man answered the door to the police with a handgun.

You don't have to be committing a crime to put yourself in peril when interacting with police. If they are trying to speak with you or temporarily detain you for questioning, and you start making hazardous or threatening moves, then the situation is going to escalate.

The police were trying to detain the guy in Wisconsin when they were called in to investigate a domestic dispute incident, and he was not listening or cooperating, and tried to get in a car.

There is a long, looong pattern in these cases of suspects simply not cooperating or listening or doing anything right as it pertains to interacting with police. It demonstrates total disregard for authority and lack of any understanding that as members of society we all have obligations to help the police keep the peace.

It's real simple, you never ever have to TALK to police or answer questions, you can ask for an attorney at any time, but if they request you stop moving, show your hands, don't get in your car, you f'ing do it. Some people cannot grasp these two simple concepts with how to interact with law enforcement, and they end up getting hurt.

I 100% don’t disagree with a single bit of that. I also feel I have to say it ahead of time because people like to draw conclusions on ATS, but I condemn all the rioting and looting and believe BLM/Antifa have drifted away from anything regarding black lives and police issues months ago.

In this particular case, the cops had ample opportunity to tackle the guy before he got to his car. One cop had his hands on him already as he was getting into the car, while two other cops were right next to him. Why didn’t the cop with his hands on him bear hug the guy and drop to the ground? Why didn’t they rush him and pin him against the vehicle before he even made it around to the door? I know they tased him once and it didn’t work, why didn’t the other officers draw their tasers/mace/baton and use every effort before he got to that door?

This is the exact stuff that people bring up when discussing de-escalation. If those 3 cops each used a different form of a non-lethal takedown, one with mace, one with a baton and one with a taser, would the outcome have been different? You might be able to withstand a shot from a taser, might be able to power through mace to the eyes, might be able to take a a hit to the kneecap with a baton, but all three at once?

I support the police in 98% of situations, but that still leaves 2% where I think they’re not in the right. I do not believe police are systemically racists, certainly know for a fact that not all cops are bad and understand they are human and will make mistakes. I just don’t believe when those mistakes are made that there is enough effort into correcting those mistakes. The only reform I want to see is better training.

These cops sign up for a dangerous job, one that I openly admit I don’t have the balls to do, because with that job there’s a chance you’re going to get injured, possibly fatally, on the job. I’m not advocating for cops to take on suicide missions, but firing on a suspect should be the absolute last resort in a situation, especially one where you haven’t confirmed if there’s a weapon involved. In this particular situation, I do not think the police used every effort at their disposal before firing 7 shots into the guy’s back.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

They did all that before the knife came into play.

Why didn’t you avail yourself of all the information out there? Why didn’t you take the time to educate yourself? Why haven’t you gone through a citizen’s police academy? This is the exact stuff that cops bring up when they talk about not having a knee-jerk reaction to a six second video and actually waiting for an investigation to even begin, much less finish, before picking a hill to die on.
edit on 27-8-2020 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

They did all that before the knife came into play.

Why didn’t you avail yourself of all the information out there? Why didn’t you take the time to educate yourself? Why haven’t you gone through a citizen’s police academy? This is the exact stuff that cops bring up when they talk about not having a knee-jerk reaction to a six second video and actually waiting for an investigation to even begin, much less finish, before picking a hill to die on.

They tried to pin him against the car, maced him, hit him with a baton and tried to tackle him to the ground?

Not being facetious, maybe I watched the wrong video?

Speaking of knee-jerk reactions, clearly you missed everything else in my post where I stand by the officers in the overwhelming majority of situations and went right for me dying on this supposed hill when I was asking questions.
edit on 27-8-2020 by Drucifer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I dunno. There’s always a gun in my vehicle. If I’m fighting the cops and I run to my ride you better shoot me first.
But please just shoot me once. I’ll stop fighting with one hole in my lung. I definitely can’t take more, if that.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 09:29 AM
link   

What you’re really asking is why didn’t they go through every thing on their belt in the span of about 90 seconds, and why didn’t the three officers coordinate who was going to use what and when in the same time frame while fighting with somebody.

Standing by cops “98%” of the time doesn’t mean one can’t ask asinine questions.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

What you’re really asking is why didn’t they go through every thing on their belt in the span of about 90 seconds, and why didn’t the three officers coordinate who was going to use what and when in the same time frame while fighting with somebody.

Standing by cops “98%” of the time doesn’t mean one can’t ask asinine questions.

It’s asinine to ask questions in order to find some kind of resolution/reform/process to reduce issues like this?

This is the problem right now is everyone wants to take a hard stance instead of digging in and asking or answering questions. No one is going to get anywhere without that and all this ridiculous rioting and bullsh*t going on now is going to continue.

I have to make decisions on the fly that sometimes involve millions of dollars in construction costs. Sure, my life will be intact if I make a wrong decision, but I stand the chance of losing everything I’ve worked for if I make the wrong one. 3x this week I’ve had to make calls like this due to an idiot mechanical engineer. I signed up for it, it’s extremely stressful and multiple companies are involved, there’s zero room for error, especially with a project that’s already 4 months behind schedule. If I make the wrong decision, it starts a chain reaction of failure that can harm multiple people, possibly bankrupting the companies involved. It doesn’t make me a hero, it’s just a testament that quick critical thinking and decision making can be done under pressure. I don’t have a fail safe when SHTF, I can’t pull out a gun and put an end to it right there on the spot.

Our armed forces have to coordinate and think on the fly, why not have some of these guys training our officers on how to think and respond while under threat? When our troops are pinned down in a firefight do they just draw their weapons and start firing, or do they coordinate and make life altering decisions on the fly? Clearly crime and violent activity is different than it was 10, 20, 30 years ago, so training should be adjusted accordingly.

Yes, mistakes are bound to happen, we’re humans. That doesn’t mean one should draw a hard line in the sand and say “Too bad, we’re not even going to respond to questions being asked. Shut up. It’s asinine to try to resolve this.”

If you’re unwilling to concede that there are different ways to go about these situations, so be it, you can continue watching the idiot left run with that while you bitch about it on a forum, telling people they’re asking asinine questions when they’re trying to seek some kind of resolution. That’s your wasted time, not mine.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

It’s asinine to ask questions in order to find some kind of resolution/reform/process to reduce issues like this?

Try reading what I said instead of what you wish I’d said. I said your questions were asinine. I did not say you’re asinine for asking questions. Two so wildly different statements it’s a bit baffling how you came to the conclusion you did about what I must’ve “really” meant.

As for the rest of your essay, I’m not really interested in discussions founded on attacking things I haven’t said and assuming my thoughts on something so they can be attacked before my thoughts are even presented.

Take care now

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
This to funny,

Jacob Blake’s Father Reports His Paralyzed Son Is Handcuffed to His Hospital Bed, But Police Refuse to Say Why

www.mediaite.com...

Um.... because he’s a dangerous criminal. DUH
edit on 27-8-2020 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2020 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join