It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do C-Span livestream number shows the lack of enthusiasm for Biden?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Republican Convention Viewership Dwarfs DNC Viewership in First Available Metric

C-SPAN’s livestream of the first night of the convention drew 440,000 views, according to The Hill.

That amounted to more than five times the 76,000 views racked up by the Democratic National Convention last week during its opening night.

Now, isn't the Democrat party the younger party? Not that you'd know by their leadership. But aren't they the younger, hipper, more tech-savvy crowd? Shouldn't more of them be livestreaming the DNC convention than the crusty old Republicans are livestreaming the RNC convention?

Now this is only one metric. I'd like to see the cable/livestream numbers from CNN/MSNBC for the DNC vs the cable/livestream Fox numbers for the RNC.

I'm really not sure what to make of it. I mean I would think younger voters are more likely to livestream, but I'd also think younger voters are less likely to know what the hell C-SPAN even is. They would be streaming CNN/MSNBC I would think, or one of the even more absurd "media" platforms, like Young Turks. Are they still a thing?

Anyway, I don't think this look good for Biden if he needs to rack up some of the moderate vote.

Anecdotal story, in my neighborhood, a traditionally Democrat area of northeast Pennsylvania, there are a fair number of Biden signs and almost no Trump signs. The other common sign you see around the area is "We support [insert town] Police Dept" signs. Curiously, the Biden signs and the police support signs are almost never in the same yard. The one house I saw that had both recently took down their police support sign, probably getting backlash from the rest of the "tolerant" liberals around here.

Those houses with the police support signs are the hidden Trump vote if you ask me.

ETA: Clinton won this county by 3000 votes in 2016. Trump recently made a visit here.
edit on 25 8 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I guess they have a conundrum:
Watch the DNC or burn their city down? Decisions, decisions...

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Maybe the numbers would be reversed if the conventions were on Snapchat...ha

But seriously, in a country of 330 million people, just over half a million actually watched.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It's so blatantly clear, all the data does is reaffirm our suspicions.

Watching the RNC, I like it, I feel the part, AMERICAN.

There are some powerful speakers night 2.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

This is true, some of their would-be viewers had prior engagements committing crimes. The DNC is proud to have them in their camp.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   

It's almost a good bumper sticker.

Biden for Mobs. Trump for Jobs.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Well I know my friends and I are all voting for Biden. As a matter of fact I don’t personally know anyone voting for trump

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMZA
Well I know my friends and I are all voting for Biden. As a matter of fact I don’t personally know anyone voting for trump

You’re gonna be very disappointed

And I think you know that too

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

You’re gonna be very disappointed

And I think you know that too

Not at all, trump is going to continue his horrible track record with the second amendment, planned parenthood will continue to operate.
I mean the buzzwords night change but nothing else will.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMZA

At least he’ll still be President though

And you know that

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Come on, Man!

Dont lie, nobody is voting FOR Joe Biden.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

And you know that

And that’s all you got lol. Like I said abortion on demand continues and your 2A gets chipped away at. You get your “guy” in office but everything else goes my way. I will take that deal any day of the week.
Nothing important will change and you know that.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Maybe the numbers would be reversed if the conventions were on Snapchat...ha

But seriously, in a country of 330 million people, just over half a million actually watched.

Well, that was just Cspan right? Cspan is not exactly the most popular channel. Everyone I know watched it livestream or on Fox.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

And you know that

And that’s all you got lol. Like I said abortion on demand continues and your 2A gets chipped away at. You get your “guy” in office but everything else goes my way. I will take that deal any day of the week.
Nothing important will change and you know that.

Sure sure

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Nice echo chamber you've got there.

I've got news for you, a lot of Trump voters are keeping it to themselves because you guys have become so unhinged and violent.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Nice echo chamber you've got there.

I've got news for you, a lot of Trump voters are keeping it to themselves because you guys have become so unhinged and violent.

It’s not uncommon to share similar beliefs among friends.
I will give you the fear factor though. I know a lot of people are afraid of me.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Republican Convention Viewership Dwarfs DNC Viewership in First Available Metric

C-SPAN’s livestream of the first night of the convention drew 440,000 views, according to The Hill.

That amounted to more than five times the 76,000 views racked up by the Democratic National Convention last week during its opening night.

Now, isn't the Democrat party the younger party? Not that you'd know by their leadership. But aren't they the younger, hipper, more tech-savvy crowd? Shouldn't more of them be livestreaming the DNC convention than the crusty old Republicans are livestreaming the RNC convention?

Now this is only one metric. I'd like to see the cable/livestream numbers from CNN/MSNBC for the DNC vs the cable/livestream Fox numbers for the RNC.

I'm really not sure what to make of it. I mean I would think younger voters are more likely to livestream, but I'd also think younger voters are less likely to know what the hell C-SPAN even is. They would be streaming CNN/MSNBC I would think, or one of the even more absurd "media" platforms, like Young Turks. Are they still a thing?

Anyway, I don't think this look good for Biden if he needs to rack up some of the moderate vote.

Anecdotal story, in my neighborhood, a traditionally Democrat area of northeast Pennsylvania, there are a fair number of Biden signs and almost no Trump signs. The other common sign you see around the area is "We support [insert town] Police Dept" signs. Curiously, the Biden signs and the police support signs are almost never in the same yard. The one house I saw that had both recently took down their police support sign, probably getting backlash from the rest of the "tolerant" liberals around here.

Those houses with the police support signs are the hidden Trump vote if you ask me.

ETA: Clinton won this county by 3000 votes in 2016. Trump recently made a visit here.

That's odd, CNN was saying what crummy ratings the RNC was getting, are you saying CNN lied? Color me surprised.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   

It is easy to be feared, respect is what I strive for. When you are respected then there is no need to be feared.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

It is easy to be feared, respect is what I strive for. When you are respected then there is no need to be feared.

My side can riot, burn down buildings and kill people. We have support of the mainstream media and Hollywood. Our presidents can literally fly to pedophile island and have affairs while in office.
Your “cops” can’t even make an arrest without being hassled. Your president can’t even get two scoops of ice cream without it being a scandal.
Respect and fear don’t matter.

My side is winning, yours is losing . Get over it.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   

You seem like a cock

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join