It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Bannon's Recent Arrest and Indictment Is A Politically Motivated Sham

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
... As if anybody with two brain cells to rub together didn't see that from the beginning.

From the moment I heard about Steve Bannon's arrest and the accusations of fraud involving the WeBuildTheWall project, I was certain that it was a political hit job fabricated by the left.

>First, even if he were greedy enough to do something like that, he's not that stupid. He's been around the block too many times.
>Second, the timing - just before the two conventions - was just too perfect.
>Third, I just didn't see what I considered any real evidence.

If you'll go to the 6:30 mark on this podcast, you'll hear an excellent analysis of what has happened in regards to this issue. They got the negative publicity out of it that they wanted, and I'm pretty certain that it'll just go away without a whimper from the media on its demise. Typical: Smear with mud and don't let anybody know when the dirt is washed away and the lie is exposed.

The most salient points that the analysis makes are these:

1. Nobody received any compensation as organizers from any of the donations made to WeBuildTheWall.
3. The only payouts to anyone were to a man who marketed and promoted the program. He received about $350,000 for his work as a marketer/promoter. While generous, that is not unheard of for any non-profit.
4. Of the money raised for the project, only about 2% of the donations were spent on expenditures (operating expenses). Typically, an NPO will use about 40% for operating expenses, but none of them are indicted for misuse of funds. (2% of gross income on operating expenses for an NPO is incredibly low and is really nearly unheard of and they should be commended for that instead of being falsely accused.)
5. The indictment issued does NOT mention a victim. There is NO COMPLAINANT! NO ONE has complained that the money that they donated was misappropriated. NOBODY. In such cases, it is standard procedure for their to be a plantiff, somebody who claims to have been defrauded. In this case, THERE IS NONE!
6. The person who filed the complaint is acting US District Attorny Audrey Strauss, a registered democrat. She is filling the office of previous US DA Geoffrey Berman who was fired by Donald Trump for using his office to to go after ... Rudy Giuliani in retaliation for his investigation into Hunter Biden.

So, yeah, I was right and a bunch of people here were wrong. Some of you own Steve Bannon an apology.

Steve Bannon is neither a crook nor stupid and this whole damn thing is another gaslighting fraud on the part of the "progressive left to throw a wrench in the Republican machine.

Bannon is innocent. This a political hit job. If the White House comes to his defense, though, the left will cry interference. It's really wicked, to weaponize the justice system in a political way like this. Peolosi recently accused the Republican Party of being "enemies of the state." In typical progressive/fascist/communist gaslighting fashion, they'll do something then accused the other side of it.

:
edit on 2020 8 25 by incoserv because: I'm a bit anal about my orthography.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Actually, President Trump said Steve Bannon was doing some shady things, back in June.

He was probably alerted to what would be coming during one of his many briefings from department heads.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Actually, President Trump said Steve Bannon was doing some shady things, back in June.

He was probably alerted to what would be coming during one of his many briefings from department heads.

Even if the President did say that, given the indictment this is a pile of crap. Mud has been smeared and the hope is to make the President dirty by association.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I said the arrest was good news, it shows the Old deep State is getting desperate and turning to shady tactics, also didn't the indictment came from NY ?
edit on 25-8-2020 by manuelram16 because: sp

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
I said the arrest was good news, it shows the Old deep State is getting desperate and turning to shady tactics, also didn't the indictment came form NY ?

Every damn thing they do shows that they are desperate. Every time that Pelosi opens her rank, alcohol smelling mouth with those ill-fitting dentures and starts spewing out those slurred, senseless, garbled word-soups, all I see and hear is desperation. Every time I see some hit piece, some stupid news report saying that the President has told people to inject themselves with Lysol or to eat a plasma television, I just hear desperation.

I, like many others, have been a bit frustrated at the seeming inactivity in the whole clean-the-swamp movement. I'm beginning to think that maybe ... maybe ... JUST MAYBE ... he's waiting to get into his second term where he's more-or-less a lame duck and can do whatever the hell he wants, and there'll be a massive bloodletting.

If that is the case, then they would all be scared s417less.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Name 1 incident in politics in the last 20 years that was NOT a politically motivated sham?

Good luck.
I won't bother waiting around.

I suggest you don't bother trying to find it. I'm sure ones there somewhere, broken clocks are still right twice a day.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I get my hopes up a lot too.
I can't blame you.

But I have better odds with hot women than there is for this coming true.

And my odds are bad.
Yours aren't looking good either.

Maybe everyone's getting desperate?
Them, us.... We....

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Name 1 incident in politics in the last 20 years that was NOT a politically motivated sham?

Good luck.
I won't bother waiting around.

I suggest you don't bother trying to find it. I'm sure ones there somewhere, broken clocks are still right twice a day.

Hell, now you're sounding like me!

I agree. It's all dirty, sadly. But this is an instance of a group of innocent men who are being smeared and falsely accused by the justice system for crimes that not only did they not commit, but that simply do not exist (note the lack of any complainant). It's beyond politics.

If they can do it to Steve Bannon, muzzleflash, they can (and eventually will) do it to you if you ever dare have an independent thought.

First, if you don't fall in line you are not black/white/whatever they decide you are not. Then you are not a citizen. Then you are not human. Then you are a just a number - or maybe dead.
:
edit on 2020 8 25 by incoserv because: I could.

link   
Bannon speaking at the RNC would have been the focus on China and most likely and fiery bit too.

Either or, this does little to stop bannon, a recent interview revealed that regardless of the media perception, he's still helping Trump in the background.

link   

Bannon dances with the devil and he lost this one. He does deals with the Chinese, and all sorts of globe trotting business ventures, he's sort of a soldier of fortune. I can imagine him sitting in a shady back alley bar talking to some organized crime ring leader in Bangkok about shipping weapons to the Ukraine or something.

This is what politicians do, they have the high end grunt men. And I have to give it to Trump, perhaps he saw this coming and rid him a while back for good reason. But then again, guys like Bannon get the real results. I don't think it was a 'hit', Bannon just got a little too cocky.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
... I don't think it was a 'hit', Bannon just got a little too cocky.

Did you even read my OP or listen to the podcast

Apparently not

There is nothing to back up the accusations. No indication whatsoever (certainly in this instance) that "Bannon just got a little too cocky."

Neither Bannon nor anyone else received any compensation from the donations. 2% spent of income spent on operating costs is unheard low for non-proifts. Also, there is ... again ... NO COMPLAINANT! Nobody said, "Hey, these guys took my money then did something else with it." It was 100% cooked up by a registered Democrat acting US DA who clearly has a political axe to grind.
:

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Bannon dances with the devil and he lost this one. He does deals with the Chinese, and all sorts of globe trotting business ventures, he's sort of a soldier of fortune. I can imagine him sitting in a shady back alley bar talking to some organized crime ring leader in Bangkok about shipping weapons to the Ukraine or something.

This is what politicians do, they have the high end grunt men. And I have to give it to Trump, perhaps he saw this coming and rid him a while back for good reason. But then again, guys like Bannon get the real results. I don't think it was a 'hit', Bannon just got a little too cocky.

Replace Bannon with Biden and your post makes a lot more sense.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Replace Bannon with Biden and your post makes a lot more sense.

Clearly some folks are convinced that Joe Biden's crap smells like fresh roast beef.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I think many peoples' minds were already made up before we even see the evidence presented.... That goes for both sides.

I'll personally wait to see what comes out after a "fair" trial, and I'll speak against it if it isn't fair (good chance that's the case as it's political in nature).

The only opinion I have now is how I think people are being disingenuous when they say they want a justice system that treats those in power and those who aren't the same. Clearly, many people only care about political justice if it fits their agenda, again, that goes for most partisans.

If he's guilty, let him get punishment equal to his crimes.... If there isn't enough evidence to convict, dismiss it. If he's innocent, than we need to say a mistake was made and wipe the charges from their record. That's how I think the system should react to anyone, political or not.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I don't disagree. Biden is always front and center. I'd ask you tho, before Trump and Bannon 'teamed' up, how much did you know about the guy?

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I think many peoples' minds were already made up before we even see the evidence presented.... That goes for both sides.

I'll personally wait to see what comes out after a "fair" trial, and I'll speak against it if it isn't fair (good chance that's the case as it's political in nature).

The only opinion I have now is how I think people are being disingenuous when they say they want a justice system that treats those in power and those who aren't the same. Clearly, many people only care about political justice if it fits their agenda, again, that goes for most partisans.

If he's guilty, let him get punishment equal to his crimes.... If there isn't enough evidence to convict, dismiss it. If he's innocent, than we need to say a mistake was made and wipe the charges from their record. That's how I think the system should react to anyone, political or not.

That sounds nice and all, and I agree in principle, but you're missing the point of this case.

To make accusations there has to be evidence. IF you read the OP and listened to the five minutes of the podcast, you see that there is no evidence. Again, not even a complainant, and the books prove that 98% of income went to the NPO's stated purpose (a nearly unheard of through rate for donations to NPOs). There was no search for justice in this, just a really sad and desperate attempt to sling some mud before the conventions.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   

You're basing your claims off ... a podcast. Bannon isn't 'kosher' get that in your head. This is a man who tried to get Trump to send a full naval fleet to the south China sea. He's not a 'good guy'. And he messed with the wrong people clearly. If it was a political hit, then it wasn't JUST the democrats of "THE LEFT" as you love to call them, when the Democrats aren't LEFT at all.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I don't disagree. Biden is always front and center. I'd ask you tho, before Trump and Bannon 'teamed' up, how much did you know about the guy?

That has nothing to do with the issue at hand. Even if Bannon has been involved in some less-than-savory dealings for his own profit, this is clearly a case where a US DA used her position to smear a political opponent.

THAT is the point here! If he's done something worthy of prosecution, why didn't they nail him for that? The fact that they didn't speaks volumes for me. But these were clearly falsified accusations.
:

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Honestly, before 2016 the only thing I knew about any of them was that Trump was the host of the apprentice.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Just goes to show how corrupt it all is ... Listen, I'm anti establishment, with anything. Bannon whether you like it or not, isn't the nice guy you think he might be, or doesn't deserve this kind of treatment. He does, he's a player, he's the 'front line' political hack who travels all over to get things rolling. Trump chose him for such reasons, but had poor judgement.

With today's world of mass information, guys like Bannon won't survive. Long gone are the days of 'hiding' in plain sight.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join