It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A sincere question on the Jacob Blake press conference

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Mods I don’t know if this is in the right forum so move as you see fit.

So I am on watching the press conference and his mother was speaking and I am not accusing her of anything but it sure looked like she was reading off a Teleprompter.

Did anyone else see it? I could be crazy.

I purposely did not put it in the mud pit because I believe it is a valid question that deserves discussion.

If she was why?

Vid at link
www.mediaite.com... e-didnt-matter/
edit on 25-8-2020 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

A lawyer is probably coaching her.

Remember that her son is still a criminal who was in the process of a crime when he was shot.

Words have to be crafted carefully not spoken from the heart.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Grief can fog your mind. It's hard enough to lose a child and grieve their death without the national media circus shining the spotlight on you. I can't imagine she ever expected to be involved in a highly viewed press conference setting like that, and to do something new like that when you're already fraught with grief? I'd use a teleprompter too.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

He had a warrant?

No wait. He was black. I get it.

edit on 25-8-2020 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I watched the rest of it and I don’t think she was.

The reason that it’s important, because it would be in the message was crafted

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Remember that her son is still a criminal who was in the process of a crime when he was shot.

I heard he was breaking up a fight and was shot when he walked away. Can you provide some source for that powerful statement you made..

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
For information:

July 6, 2020
Criminal Trespass to Dwelling
Domestic Abuse (x3)
3rd Degree Sexual Assault
Disorderly Conduct

And yes, he had an active arrest warrant as well.

edit on 8/25/2020 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Most rioters and looters will not remember his name.

They are just using the shooting as another excuse to benefit personally.

So are the so-called leaders who are stirring up trouble.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

It was embarrassing to see cable news networks carrying the press conference about this death of one person, when thousands of black families are grieving in cities because they've lost a loved one to violence this year.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

He had a warrant?

those cops were driving down the road and said "Hey, A Black guy, lets shoot him".
I'd love to catalog all your idiotic comments for posterity.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: walkinghomer

He had an active warrant for felony sexual assault and previous felony convictions for pointing a gun at people and injuring an officer who was trying to arrest him.
Video came out that shows him fighting with the officers on the scene of the latest shooting. As he breaks away from them, he walks around the car with what appears to be a karambit knife in his hand, as seen in the below image. He then, while officers are pointing their guns at him and trying to pull him away from the vehicle, continues resisting and tries to get into the vehicle to grab something inside.

Imagine there's a guy with previous felony convictions for pointing guns at people and physically fighting officers who come to arrest him, resulting in one of them being injured. Now imagine you're a cop. You show up and realize that this felon who has proven he's willing to attack officers has an active warrant for felony sexual assault and needs to be arrested. When you try to arrest him for his sexual assault, he wrestles with you onto the ground, breaks away from you, pulls a knife out and makes a beeline to the driver's side of a vehicle to grab an object from inside while you're desperately trying to pull him by the shirt away from said object.
What are you going to do? Take a step back, apologize, and hope you're not about to have your brains blown out by someone who knows they're about to go to prison for a very long time if they don't kill you and escape?
No, you shoot him.

First of all, don't be a *ing rapist.
Second, when the police try to arrest you for being a *ing rapist, don't fight them and then try to grab something out of a car the moment you get a chance.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Threadkiller

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I wonder if they still would have burned the city down if this information was released at the beginning .

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: walkinghomer

I heard he was breaking up a fight and was shot when he walked away. Can you provide some source for that powerful statement you made..

He was always helping others.

He was mentoring local youth.

He was getting his life together.

He was going back to school in the fall.

Then the police shot him in the back while he was taking his GED test.

LOL, no.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: walkinghomer

I understand how you could get that impression from the nightly news. You should still know better than to believe that trash.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Either way it's another rigged scripted set of events 🦇🦃

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

True. And that Benjamin Crump is no rookie

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

He had a warrant?

He was also a cop assaulting, domestic violence perpetrator with a warrant out for a felony 3rd degree sexual assault which the cops were there to arrest him for. He broke away from an arrest attempt and had a knife on him, reportedly scrambling in to the car to retrieve something ignoring multiple warnings.

But nah. It's bEc0z H3z BlAK.

It's like some of you are just wanting it to be true that unarmed black men are mercilessly gunned down by police for nothing constantly.
edit on 2582020 by IAMALLYETALLIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

I would note that in the press conference they threw in Rashard Evans and Trayvon Martin.

They honestly think the cops should just let them go. And the black Democratic politicians let them get away with it or charge the police for it.

Shuck and Jive

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   

He had a warrant?

I'll bet you think you're helping.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join